Belle's $1,650, Fair Price?

tom b. 57

In the area'scraigslist there is a pair of what look like superior condition Belles. The asking price is $1,650. Is this a fair market price? I don't know much about pricing for these. They don't seem to come up for sale too often. The pictures that accompany the ad portray a pair of beautiful condition Belles. What is a good price?

Tom

By comparison, Khorns on ebay have been going for 2500 or so depending on finish. I have a feeling that 1650 is near the top of the range for Belles and hopefully they are in near-flawless condition, and will be Crated & Freighted properly to arrive that way, which will add another 200-300 to the price.

By comparison, Khorns on ebay have been going for 2500 or so depending on finish. I have a feeling that 1650 is near the top of the range for Belles and hopefully they are in near-flawless condition, and will be Crated & Freighted properly to arrive that way, which will add another 200-300 to the price.

They are close, so I would pick up. No shipping,no chance of damage. Just not sure if the price is right. Seems high. I just don't see these up for sale very often at all and have no clue of the price range.

Belles are fairly hard to come by. Finding a nice pair is rarer. Finding a pair within easy pickup is rarer yet. If you discount the price that you would have to pay for shipping or a two day travel, that price is pretty reasonable.

If you've given any thought to owning a pair of Belle Klipsches, yours just arrived.

What are you waiting for?

Michael

Last night I was listening to an old "Record of the Month CLub" LP-set of Hoagy Carmichael on my Belles. I had waited for a pair within driving distance from an original owner who was as finicky about his stuff as I am....Hoagy never sounded better except that one time I saw him in person!!

Get in your car and enjoy one of the best rides of your life!

1650 is a middle of the road price.

Easy to find them price higher, the ones that don't sell fast are as high as 2200 bucks.

Hard to find the fast moving deals....by the time you do, they are gone, fast moving prices on a few Belle's in the last year 950 - 1250 a pair.

Then there are those amazing stories...a few 300 - 500 deals.