3 Sub Options- Can Someone Please Provide some Insight

Shsinclair

I am by no means a audiophile and have recently bought two RF62 and a RC62 and am now looking to upgrade my sub setup. The room that I have is 16 x 14 ft. These are the three options I am considering can someone please give me some pros and cons, insight as to what would be the best in their opinion.

1) 1 RSW 10 D

2) 1 RW 12 D

3) 2 RW 10 D

Thanks,

Shane

Without any questions the best subwoofer for any application on your list...the RSW10d. Better built and sound quality. The active is the same as used in the RT-10d ! And the PR in place of a classic port removes any audible port noise and will almost eliminate the sonic signature of a classic port.

No doubt,the RSW10d go for it,a great compact sub.

I would suggest you go with option number 3 because of your room size and dimensions. Unfortunately, you have an almost square room so room modes will be more easily excited. Two subs would help you incorporate bass in your room with fewer peaks and better overall coverage for everyone in the room. I suggest trying to place them either front and back or in the center of the side walls. The two subs will also provide more than enough base for this size room.

Harman International website has some good white papers by Dr. Toole that will go in further detail as to why this is the recommended solution.

I would buy a better quality sub and play with positioning,you can find a good spot,even in the room with the dimensions you gave. Output,again the RSW10d being more capable you can add one later if output is missing,and the dual RW10 subs will not even give you a full 6dB(this is in the same spot),the article is correct,as you locate subs in opposing spots or at a good distance from one another the 6dB gain no longer holds.

Thanks Dr. Who and everyone else for their comments.

I do like the idea of two 12's my only concern is that I don't want the bass to overwhelm the rest of the sound. I want it to complement the rest of the system. With my room size do you think this is possible. As I have said I am a novice at this point, I would like some good, clean, full, lows. What do you think?

Hi Dr Who,

How do I hook up the two subs? I bought monster sub cables, one goes from my sub into the line in, but how do I connect the second? Do I split it with a y connector at the reciever or do I run one directly of the other sub?

Thanks for your help and previous insight,

Shane