ebay scammer - why don't you try scamming someone in your own country

Guest " "

Here is an ebay scammer trying to get 1700 bucks from me for an item that is worth an easy 5400 dollars. I'm trying to do a local pickup with cash at the time of pickup. Seller is trying to get me to send money sight unseen. Seller is out of the country but says the item is here in the USA. The lsiting is an individual listing, but the seller is trying to bring in IsoldIt as a partner.

If I get this item, I can sell it for 3500 in less than 1 day on audiogon. Typical bait for greedy amrican buyers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me

No furthur responses from the seller...guess he's waiting for the next victim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me
Does not look like we can work out a satisfactory arrangement. I have over XXK in ebay transactions over the last year, and anything over 500 bucks has been my policy for a local pick up and cash payment. By me or my authorized agent. I am willing to pick up at the Isoldit in Brookyln NY. Or, if you provide complete contact information, I can see if I can arrange a pickup where ever the item is located. My agent will have to examine the item. Then he will pay for it. Payment will be made at the point of pickup at the time of pickup.

----- Original Message -----

Seller

Hi,
I will make the deal with you only if you accept my terms of deal. Also how i have told you in the last e-mail ,i`m out of country. I`m in united kingdom with my wife in our honeymoon. So I will make the transaction using i SOLD It services...i SOLD It is the best selling service on eBay. They are guaranteed and recommended by eBay because they verify the sellers that are members with them and you will also have a 10 day return policy. If you haven`t used i SOLD It before I will explain how they work: They already have the item in their custody packed, insured and ready for shipping. They will contact you with all the details of this sale (they will send you an invoice ) and with the payment instructions. You will send the payment to one of their agents that is handling our transaction and after that you will send them the payment information so they can verify It. I will have to make you aware of the fact that i don`t know the agent name because they change it in every transaction for security reasons. As soon as they do that the shipping process will start. After you receive the item you will have a 10 day return policy, in this time you will have to
decide if you accept it or not. If you do then you will notify them that you accept it so they can send me the payment. If not, they will give you a complete refund and return the item on my expense. We will also be able to leave feedback for each other after the transaction like it`s done on any genuine sale on eBay. So please give me your full name and shipping address so i can have them contact you regarding the transaction.
Regards

Me

I soldit would charge you quite a bit for the transaction. But if you rather make the item available thru isoldit, there is one in brookyln NY. I will be more than happy to pick up there and bring cash. I have folks in every state in the US. So I may be able to save you the isoldit transaction fees by arranging someone pick it up and bring cash. I just need your contact information inclusive of complete address and phone number. This works out the best, it is an easy way for you to get paid, and for me to filter out the problem transactions. The would be problem transactions usally do not respond to a cash pick up deal...if you know what I mean.

Seller

Hello,
Thank you for your email. Is a rug You don`t have to bid and win the auction so you can buy it....if you are really interested i reserve the right to end the auction and make the transaction with you. I am not in the country, right now i am in UK in my honeymoon but i will handle everything from over here so that will not be a problem. The price i am looking for is US $1700 with shipping and handling included. If this is a reasonable price please let me know and i can make the transaction with you through eBay and i SOLD It, so the deal will be very legit and safe and
will not be outside eBay. You will also have a 10 days return policy. If you have other questions please email me ASAP. I will also want you to reply either way so i will know what to do.

Regards,

Me

Hi, Can you tell me what your reserve is? I have to factor cost of new tubes, shipping, etc, to determine if I can bid on this item? is that a rug you have this face down and back down on or a cement/tile floor? Not sure I would rest the whole unit on the input, bass, treble, meter lights, balance, and volume knobs.

Well the bids are up to 820. The seller has 0 feedback, and next to his name, it says that he is not a registered user....according to ebay...he's a suspended user and is not allowed to sell on ebay...he managed to put up a new listing...folks are bidding away.

//////////////////extract///////////////

"Not a registered user" can refer to members who have cancelled their membership, or whose membership has been suspended by eBay. For example, a member whose correct contact information is no longer on file with us may have their registration suspended until the new contact information is entered. In either case, the member appears as "not a registered user" and is not allowed to buy or sell on eBay.

///////////////end of extract/////////////////////

"I will have to make you aware of the fact that i don`t know the agent
name because they change it in every transaction for security reasons."

Yeah, right- bet he works for the CIA too!

When you read chopped up grammer like this ad, RUN like the wind. But it's funny to run them in circles, isn't it?

I should have asked which ATM could I meet the seller at and tell him I have no daily limit on my acounts and write the PIN numbers on the ATM card protector which I leave in my wallet and keep in the glove compartment of my car.

I wonder who will win the auction.

If he is not allowed or supposed to buy or sell on ebay, how come this auction is on ebay?

For that matter, how come he has over $20 in additional items for sale?

Looks like they all end in 21hrs and he's racking up over 50K so far.

Nice article....I wonder though....there could be some mail fraud involved for our do-good-prankster....how close to the line was he?

The automated ebay email responses are really a problem......calling ebay with your special limited edition phone number is no better....all they do is talk you thru the menu's.

Well i'm glad I saw this post.

I saw macbook computer  with $500 worth of software for sale on Graig's list, the price was well under what it should have been.
I sent a email to the guy but while I was waiting  for a answer I noticed the add had been removed. I thought it was sold but sure enough few days later here is the excuse email: I'm sorry In the Uk  I will send the laptop etc... from there  the story is pretty much the same that what you read above.
All of this to say that this scam is not only limited to Ebay.
If it is to good to be true .... well you know the rest.