TAD 1601A in Klipschorn

Deang

Sure you have to bring down the HF a TAD (no pun intended) but the whole shabang is high efficiency anyway....To me that does,nt matter....at my age i can burn the candle at both ends. Thats why i use a electronic xover and triamp...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maron's woofs were the most natural sounding Khorns I've ever heard. While the Smith/2404 combo were not immediately to my liking with their different vertical dispersion, they were smoother than butter. I'm sure I would get used to the "new" DISPERSION CHARACTERISTICS and love everything in A short time.

As far as the costs, why spend $2000 on a set of used Khorns when you can get Cornwalls at $700 every week? For those who want to mod, money is not the main obstacle. Quality and performance are the main issues, and the TAD is a superior woofer. Aneochic measurements of the TADs in KHorn bins show this statement to be true.

As far as the costs, why spend $2000 on a set of used Khorns when you can get Cornwalls at $700 every week?

Prices vary.

I would rather spend more on Khorns Belles or LaScala because to me the genius of Klipsch is in the folded bass horn designs. Love them folded bass horns!

Dave....the 2404 on top have now been replaced with a tweeter version Smith unit...So now the large Smith horn has a baby Smith riding riding piggyback. crossing over at 5k.....So now dispersion is the same from 400hz up to the speed of light.

That was a rhetorical question, SETI. Why I won't be investing $1200 in new TAD woofers anytime soon, I have heard the reason why it can make sense.[:D]

Sorry I failed rhetorical in college : ( back to the books.

I wouldn't spend 1200 either but I would love to listen to a pair of khorns with them installed.

Dave....the 2404 on top have now been replaced with a tweeter version Smith unit...So now the large Smith horn has a baby Smith riding riding piggyback. crossing over at 5k.....So now dispersion is the same from 400hz up to the speed of light.

I still plan on building some Smith horns one of these days. I still think one would be super on a center channel, for the wider dispersion characteristics.

JJKIZAK.....Yes you can slow the speed of light..even through glass...But speakers now are compared to motional speed....As i mentioned before the Klipschorn is getting long on the tooth....I mean slow...It is so slow that it suffered bird strikes - from the rear....If it had a clock sitting on top you would have to replace it with a calender.....But its young sibling the Jubilee is very very fast & only two way....But its ugly. Its so ugly they ought to change its name to WARTHOG. I,m not being kind for a reason...The money the company spent to dress up the old lady (60th anniversary Khorn) could have been spent on the final makeup of the Jubilee....So what do we have here? 60th anniversary Khorns sales slower than antisipated....And you know who,s 60th anniversary (name withheld) is selling like hot cakes 350pr units since Sept. rollout. And 50, 60 more since Jan. and its drivers are very very fast....No i personally cant afford those....So my bastardmodification Khorns are my "wanna be" upgrades....Im not trying to sell you on my modifications, far from it....I still believe the Jubilee is the right direction....But it needs new attire.....Heck they cleaned up the LaScala.

JJKIZAK....No No....dont think i took it wrong....I,m familure with the Harverd speed of light of light study...I just finished a book by Cambridge University theoretical physicist Joao Magueijo puts forth an extraordinary speculation: that light once travled faster,in the very earley moments of the universe...But does not contradict Albert Eiistein in his theory of special relativity.....The book title is,, Faster Than The Speed of light. The story of a scientific speculation. But I,m putting togrther a theory about how Roy Delgato can ****** a whole plate of ribs faster than the speed of light.

JJKIZAK.....Yes you can slow the speed of light..even through glass...But speakers now are compared to motional speed....As i mentioned before the Klipschorn is getting long on the tooth....I mean slow...It is so slow that it suffered bird strikes - from the rear....If it had a clock sitting on top you would have to replace it with a calender.....But its young sibling the Jubilee is very very fast & only two way....But its ugly. Its so ugly they ought to change its name to WARTHOG. I,m not being kind for a reason...The money the company spent to dress up the old lady (60th anniversary Khorn) could have been spent on the final makeup of the Jubilee....So what do we have here? 60th anniversary Khorns sales slower than antisipated....And you know who,s 60th anniversary (name withheld) is selling like hot cakes 350pr units since Sept. rollout. And 50, 60 more since Jan. and its drivers are very very fast....No i personally cant afford those....So my bastardmodification Khorns are my "wanna be" upgrades....Im not trying to sell you on my modifications, far from it....I still believe the Jubilee is the right direction....But it needs new attire.....Heck they cleaned up the LaScala.

well it sounds like to me that you need to get you some of them there cute bose cubes, marono....they're sooooooooooo cute...yeah but the sound so ug..................yeah but they're so cute......................yeah but they're so ug...........................oh but they're so cute....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

JJKIZAK....No No....dont think i took it wrong....I,m familure with the Harverd speed of light of light study...I just finished a book by Cambridge University theoretical physicist Joao Magueijo puts forth an extraordinary speculation: that light once travled faster,in the very earley moments of the universe...But does not contradict Albert Eiistein in his theory of special relativity.....The book title is,, Faster Than The Speed of light. The story of a scientific speculation. But I,m putting togrther a theory about how Roy Delgato can ****** a whole plate of ribs faster than the speed of light.

uh.....excuse me......warp 10!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Roy....Please accept my apology for dissing the Jubilee (Warthog) .....Cute Bose? OOOOOOHHHHHH that hurt.. Warp 10? NASA is looking for you. BUT if your wife can dress you up to look presentible to go to work. Why cant you dress up the WARTHOG? er I mean the Jubilee?

Roy....Please accept my apology for dissing the Jubilee (Warthog) .....Cute Bose? OOOOOOHHHHHH that hurt.. Warp 10? NASA is looking for you. BUT if your wife can dress you up to look presentible to go to work. Why cant you dress up the WARTHOG? er I mean the Jubilee?

because i am supposed to look pretty.....the jub is supposed to sound pretty.....my lure is supposed to catch pretty fish.........nasa calls all the time.......i tell them to go work on the seal....besides horns won't work on the moon so why would i go there?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado