TAD 1601A in Klipschorn

Deang

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I do notice volume changes over long periods of time with weather changes I am really curious as to the effects of barametric pressure on the SPL. I am also wondering if there is anything or any procedure at Klipsch when testing in a chamber as to what pressure that chamber has internally.

JJK

Seti.....A distributed- source horn. Designed by Bob H Smith.. Refer to Audio Eng. May 1951....Sound appears to originate from the entire area of the horn rather than from throat as in a conventional horn...The JBL version was the 2397 (24" wide) Mine is 31" wide plus I have a smaller version for tweeters 10" wide.  In the horizontal plane the directivity pattern is broad because a large portion of a circular wave is generated. But verticly its a diffraction slot.

Interesting I have seen these around but had no idea what they were.. Thanks

With all the turmoil going on last knight on the forum. I was asleep. But i had a nightmare.... In the dream a klipsch 402 horn was sitting on top of a JBL Hartsfield.....I woke up in a sweat....Knowing with a bit of EQ it could work......Was there a full moon?