Sherbour 7/2100

shane_0_mac

Do any of you have any experience with this amp? The guy I purchased my RB-75's from can get me one, and I wanted to see what you all here thought about that amp. He is going to give me a price today. I will let you know the price when I get it.

Theater room update: As some of you know I purchased a house with a dedicated theater room, and while it is nice to have the room itself already set up it has turned into a bit of a nightmare. The guy who owned the house before me did some silly things in my opinion. He put the component rack on the ceiling between the 2 rows of theater seats. The problem with this is he sealed the cabinent in the back so you can not get the back of your components. I temporarily set up my receiver and fronts and center for the super bowl. This was a fun adventure we had to hook the speaker wires and audio cables into the receiver then had to slide in into a slot that the receiver barely fit into, and it is about 10 feet in the air. You guys can imagine how fun that was. So now I am going to have to start my construction work and remove that rack and rewire all the speaker cables. He also had his projector sitting on a stand about 2 foot above the back row of chairs. It is one goofy set up. But the good news is that the room itself is designed pretty good. I will take some before and after pics, when you guys see this component rack I think you will understand my frustration.

Equipment update: RB-75 mains RC-7 Center Still deciding on surround and rears. I am going to try to find a pair of RS-7's for the surrounds, they are hard to find right now though. And for the rears I am looking for some ideas. The back row of seats are flush against the back wall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

And as a public service annoucement stay away from the flu bug that is going around the midwest right now. I ran a 103 fever from sat Feb 10 to Sun feb 18, and now I am getting sick to my stomach every night and have bronchitis in my chest. I have been to the Dr twice and said it just has to run its course. We have millions of prescription medicine in the world but yet they can not make anything for this, seems strange to me. I will never take good health for granted again.

Please give me your ideas on the things I listed above. Also I have mentioned before I have a pair of RF-35's and a RC-35 that I am going to be selling. I am listed them here before but have not seen much interest. If no one is interested I am going to go the e-bay route this weekend. take care and stay healthy!

Middle of the road! I think not! This thing performs just as well as my dual DBX BX1 amplifier setup.

A true 7-channel mono block amplifier weighing in at a hefty 115lbs and dual power cords so that a 30 amp breaker is not required and a $3500 price tag ain't middle of the road dude!

A true 7 x 200W at 8 ohms and 7 x 300W at 4 ohms, it makes the Aragon 2007 look like a chip amp.

I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone, I had questions and they were answered by the owner of the company directly, now that is service!

As you can see under the hood I don't think you can squeeze anymore in there!

I got lucky and picked it up for $1500 plus shipping like new barely used on AudioGon. The guy's receipt that I bought it from was like $3200 and change.

Shop around for the best deal.

Try this guy as well: I was working with him on getting one since there are NO Sherbourn dealers in VT. When I found the one on AudioGon I bought it instead.

Forum member ajcllc also has a Sherbourn 7/2100A if you want a second opinion.

Steve

Sound Video of MN

http://www.soundvideo.com 763-753-9349

Custom Home Theater & Audio

Authorized Dealer Featuring:

Bryston, B&K, Bel Canto, Denon, Dali Loudspeakers, Dalite Screens, DWIN, EAD, Earthquake, Energy, Gallo, Harmonic Tech, InFocus, Intega, Integra Research, Krell, Lexicon, Magnum Dynalab, Musical Fidelity, Marantz, Monitor Audio, M&K, NHT, Onkyo Integra, Parasound, PMC Loudspeakers, Plinius, PSAudio, Richard Gray, Revel, Sharp, Sim Audio, Stewart Filmscreen, Salamander Stands, Sherbourn Amplifiers, Triad Speakers, Von Schwiekert & Velodyne

In addition to the lines above we also carry inwall speakers, distribution audio, and home automation products.

I love mine; It is very musical, open, and warm...definitely a permanent part of my system. I've had it for a little over a year, and it goes great with my Forte setup...great for music and home theater. Feel free to PM or email me with any questions. I agree with the customer service. It is very top notch. When you call sometimes you can even speak to the owner, Ron Fone...that is great and personal service!

Middle of the road! I think not!

lol - I was wondering if my statement would get interpretted differently, but I didn't know how else to say it. Typical performance of a quality amp? middle of the road for the top-tier? I give up. It's a nice amp.