Just wanted to say thank you all !

dtel

• Moderators

I think it's the synthesyzers (SP) on Pink Floyd...it totally irritates me to listen to their music...other than that I am pretty cool with most stuff...I am really not a big fan of most hard rock (Def Leopard, Jethro Tull, that kind of stuff), but it doesn't irritate me like Pink Floyd. I feel like lashing out at someone when I listen to Pink Floyd. I wish I knew what it was about their music that irritated me so much.

This needs it's own thread. An Intervention is in order.... This needs to be fixed ASAP. :)

I know that sounds insane but it's true. I don't know what it is about Pink Floyd's music. It's really frustrating for me because I really like all kinds of music, even though all kinds of music aren't my favorites. But, Pink Floyd irritates the heck out me...I feel like I could scream after listening to just a minute or two.

Is there something radically different in the way they record their music?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Actually, the one I am referring to is Roger Waters in the flesh live, DVD.

I actually do not have a problem with Another Brick in the Wall and Money on other recordings, but this one DVD seems to drive me insane. I never was a huge fan of Pink Floyd, but I also didn't intensely dislike them.

I wish I knew what the problem was. Maybe you can figure it out, because it aggravates me so bad I don't even care to use my brain power to resolve the problem.

That DVD is one that I could live without ever hearing again for the rest of my life. I would actually prefer Manilow or Yanni to that DVD and that's sad because I really don't like either one of those two.

No no.... Try Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals. The old stuff. :) Lights out, candles lit, crank volume, stare at wall or close eyes, type of listen. They lost me after Animals for the most part. You must have 'classic' Floyd there - yes? Very pretty stuff. I can't imagine it would annoy anyone.

• Moderators

Ouch - not a fan of Pink Floyd - I will be listening to the SACD of DSOM this evening just to be sure I am not influenced by this thread....

Thats funny Hwatkins.

There is a new DVD that just came out in the last year, would that be better than one of the older ones to try another for her ?

What would be a good one to get her past this ? I do also listen when she is not around, so if she don't like the next one I will listen when she is not around.

I think it's the synthesyzers (SP) on Pink Floyd...it totally irritates me to listen to their music...other than that I am pretty cool with most stuff...I am really not a big fan of most hard rock (Def Leopard, Jethro Tull, that kind of stuff), but it doesn't irritate me like Pink Floyd. I feel like lashing out at someone when I listen to Pink Floyd. I wish I knew what it was about their music that irritated me so much.

This needs it's own thread. An Intervention is in order.... This needs to be fixed ASAP. :)

I'm with you Mrs dtel. Waters paranoid schizophrenia always came through the Purple Haze back in "the day".. The Moody Blues was a far better trip.

DSOM does sound better these days though.[;)]

The Dtels..................You must see the PULSE by Pink Floyd............a stunning package to say the least......I am not a BIG Floyd fan, but that is an awesome disc..............Don't know about Roger Waters, don't want to, Pink Floyd is in good hands with David Gilmore.............you will be surprised, the second disc with Darkside is worth the price...........................complete package..................See You On the Darkside of the Moon.......EH !!!!!!!!

No no.... Try Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals. The old stuff. :) Lights out, candles lit, crank volume, stare at wall or close eyes, type of listen. They lost me after Animals for the most part. You must have 'classic' Floyd there - yes? Very pretty stuff. I can't imagine it would annoy anyone.

Oh Baby! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

Back Deck, ponds waterfalling, fire.......

My wife does not appreciate Floyd one bit at all :(

Ouch - not a fan of Pink Floyd - I will be listening to the SACD of DSOM this evening just to be sure I am not influenced by this thread....

Thats funny Hwatkins.

There is a new DVD that just came out in the last year, would that be better than one of the older ones to try another for her ?

What would be a good one to get her past this ? I do also listen when she is not around, so if she don't like the next one I will listen when she is not around.

Well - I will be disagreeing with Meagain here - the SACD 5.1 remaster of DSOM is an amazing feat. It is meticulously structured and manages to do the unthinkable - improve on the original. On my 5 heresy setup (with SVS) I was reminded last night of why I remain enamored with this little speaker.

I will listen to DSOM vinyl downstairs this evening and I am pretty sure I will come away amazed at what was done with groove and needle - it is different, not really worse. My preference will probably remain the SACD.