Klipsch Heresy III - Worth it?

klipschguy101

I have been a fan of Klipsch since I was 14 when a local dealer ran a promo inviting anyone (even kids who couldn't afford them) to audition their favorite music. One play of Cheap Trick's "Dream Police" later and I was hooked. That was nearly 30 years ago, but I remember those Heresy's well.

Last week on an impulse I ordered a pair of the new Heresy III sight unseen, sound unheard. They are on backorder. Now, as I sit here pleasantly enjoying my Klipsch reference series bookshelves (RB-61s) I'm second guessing the purchase.

Anyone out there familiar enough with the Heresy's to advise whether they are that much better than the bookshelf reference series to justify another $1500K?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you fell in love with 30 years ago is the classic Klipsch sound--the Reference speakers are whole other animal. I had some RB-3 speakers for a short while and while they were nice enough I went back to he little British monitors I really love. I would have LOVED Heresy IIIs--but they're too darn big for my office space!

If you have the scratch, buy a new pair of Heresys. You won't regret it!!

A close friend of mine just got a pair of Heresy III's and I go on record as stating, They certainly are a fine speaker. Have no doubts what so ever of your purchase...............the 99 spl at 1 watt is a big difference, a smoother overall response..............hell man, they aren't even broke in yet.......much deeper BASS presentation...............he's running a Scott NOSvavled 299 with his H3's............I own brand new H2's, so in this case I know what I'm talking about..............You won't be sorry............alot of bite from a little dawg....................

Honestly, I thought this "tribe" might encourage me, but I am surprised at the level of enthusiasm. Have no fear, I now fully intend to wait (albeit now impatiently) for the backordered Heresy III's to arrive sometime next week. Will let you all know what I think. In the meantime, thanks a bunch for all the input.

I heard them in Indy a couple of years ago as part of a Klipsch demo -- easily the most improved speaker in the Heritage lineup.

I agree the Heresy III was greatly improved and I have spent alot of time with Heresy II. The entire Heritage revamp was so well done especially the La Scala and Heresy.

• Moderators

I also heard them last year in Hope.

They let us listen to all the new Heritage in Hope. they all impressed us, but when they got to the Heresy lll I was thinking I was going to be a little let down after hearing it's bigger brothers. It looks like a baby on the side of the others, but when the music started playing my wife and I both turned to each other at the same time surprised !

It's hard to belive the amount, and quality of sound that comes out of these relatively small boxes !

When you first hook them up, give them, or your ears a little time to adjust, it will sound different than what you have. But it won't take long before you have that permanent Heritage smile on your face. You will be happy, and good choice !

I have been a fan of Klipsch since I was 14 when a local dealer ran a promo inviting anyone (even kids who couldn't afford them) to audition their favorite music. One play of Cheap Trick's "Dream Police" later and I was hooked. That was nearly 30 years ago, but I remember those Heresy's well.

Last week on an impulse I ordered a pair of the new Heresy III sight unseen, sound unheard. They are on backorder. Now, as I sit here pleasantly enjoying my Klipsch reference series bookshelves (RB-61s) I'm second guessing the purchase.

Anyone out there familiar enough with the Heresy's to advise whether they are that much better than the bookshelf reference series to justify another $1500K?

I think your pricing is a bit high. You should be able to pick up a pair of new Heresy III for around $1300 give or take fifty.

Funny, I did the same as you except I have purchased three Heresy IIIs. Left-Center-Right. I am retiring my Heresy IIs to the back of the room. I too have not heard them, I even had a sales rep at a local hi-fi store tell me they were crap before I bought them. Why you ask would I buy them when one of these so called hi-fi pukes with slick hair and pimples told me they were crap ...Cause he was adick and I figured he must be wrong. I hope I'm happy when I get them. Now if I could just figure out what new processor and amp to buy.

joe