What's coffee do you drink?

tommyboy

• Moderators

Community coffee, New Orleans Blend..........a little powdered cream stuff and a couple sugars, can do without the cream, but not without the sugar or something sweet in there.

I just wish it would taste like it smelled in the bag.[C]

We have a local coffee shop and I buy their Jamaica Me Crazy blend (vanilla/rum flavor), which I drink while I read the paper in the morning.

On the way to work I stop at the coffee shop and get a six shooter (a short vanilla latte with 5 shots espresso, two shots vanilla and fill the rest up with steam milk with no froth).

Danny

Yes Elden, my wife prefers the Cinnamon flavor but I'm stuck on the Hazelnut[:D]

Like my audio addiction I used to go to the local Coffee store and pay rediculous prices ($23.00) every couple weeks and get these fancy beans and I finally figured out I could put a cup together for way less expense with the same flavor and all the caffiene one needs (Just like audio it was that point of returns thing again)

I still love me some Chickoree coffee every now again and with a bag of Bignets mix I could have you up all night on a caffiene and sugar buzz that just won't quit[:o]

• Moderators

Yes Elden, my wife prefers the Cinnamon flavor but I'm stuck on the Hazelnut[:D]

Like my audio addiction I used to go to the local Coffee store and pay rediculous prices ($23.00) every couple weeks and get these fancy beans and I finally figured out I could put a cup together for way less expense with the same flavor and all the caffiene one needs (Just like audio it was that point of returns thing again)

I still love me some Chickoree coffee every now again and with a bag of Bignets mix I could have you up all night on a caffiene and sugar buzz that just won't quit[:o]

When Michael came down here for a week his plane left to go back home like at 6 am so not to take any chance on getting him to the airport late we went out to the French Quarter the night before, gotta be safe ya know.[:o] That way we could watch the time without any chance of falling asleep. [:P]

After a night in the French Quarter we took him to Cafe Du Monde for New Orleans coffee and Beignets, I don't know about him but I needed it !

That coffee just taste better with beignets, I don't know what if any effect the chicory has ? I think it's just a filler, but when it's what you are used too !

Found a recipe for beignets, but never tried it yet.

http://neworleanscuisine.blogspot.com/2005/05/new-orleans-cuisine-beignet-recipe.html

I don't drink much coffee but I sure do have alot of it in my freezer .

My folks are members of the Gevalia coffee club and are constantly giving me the stuff they don't want or have too much of . Right now I have Gevalia's Traditional Roast , Breakfast Blend , Royal Vinter and the limited edition Harrar from Ethiopia . [:|]

I mostly use the stuff when I am smoking pork . I grind up some beans . Mix it with brown sugar , cayenne pepper and salt . To use for my dry rub .

• 2 weeks later...

My own home-roasted, home ground coffee; usually an african coffee
like Kenya AA or something Ethiopian. I;ve found a really good
Brazilian recently and Australia is producing a little very good
quality coffee, now.

www.sweetmarias.com