Attention Juicy Music Owners!

ibanezhater

OK, in my continuing quest for my new system, I've decided on the Klipsch Heresy IIIs, and the system will be built around them. I was thinking about getting a Linn Classik to save space, but the more I think about it, the more I am drawn to the whole idea of horns, tubes, and vinyl. Thus, I am thinking about getting a Blueberry tube preamp.

Any suggestions on a good tube power amp to pair with the Blueberry? I'd prefer a stereo power amp, like the Vincent I recently saw in a catalog. Any owners out there? What power amps are you using, and how much wattage are we looking at? Tube or solid state for a power amp?

The Ah Njoeb Tjoeb 4000 (or however you spell it!) tube CD player is also on the shopping list. It's reviews from owners is amazing, and so is its price.

Thank you to all who give sound advice.

--Mike

Gary,

I have not heard VRDs but have heard great things from many on this forum. You got my attention with 'perfect match for a Blueberry' and 'killer deal.' I have a Peach now and am running a tube amp with 6550s.

The forum is one for one with the JM recommendation. The Peach is a keeper and will be in my system for a long, long time. My horns may never move again from their respective corners. I like my amp a lot but may want to try another.

Thanks.

Ibanezhater---

You certainly can't go wrong with a handmade stereo tube amp from Craig at those prices. There are more than a dozen people here with BBX/VRD combos and I ain't seen one of them change yet, so there must be something pretty good there. You'd have to spend a whopping amount more to get something "out there" that will compete with that combo - of that I am absolutely certain.

Poor Joesportster," he can't get no respect" [;)]

My BBx isn't going anywhere.

ibanezhater

" What power amps are you using, and how much wattage are we looking at? Tube or solid state for a power amp?"

If you need power, and want tubes, you can get a 100 watts per channel MC-2102 for 3K - 3500. The MC-2102 sounds best with XLR connections.

If you want SS, there are plenty of amps in th 2K - 3K range new, and 500 - 1000 used.

post-22082-13819325692452_thumb.jpg

Right now Craig (NOSValves) is offering a KILLER deal on his new stereo amp and it's a perfect match for the Blueberry. If I didn't own VRDs, I'd have already sent my downpayment.

Thanks for the reply, my fellow Dead fan. You said stereo, eh? Which mean no mono blocks? I don't have a lot of space, so a stereo power tube amp looks like a great idea. I checked out the website, and bookmarked it.

Would a SS power amp match well with a Blueberry (or Peach)?

Go tubes and you will never go back. It is the Road to Madness.

As I sit here, I am listening to Triumph playing on a set of Klipschorns which are fed by a Thorens TD125MkII connected to a JM Tercel Phono Preamp connected to a JM Merlin connected to a set of Dynaco Mark III's which are sitting next to yet another tube amp - which, frankly, I would (should) sell if I weren't addicted. (But it is so pretty and pumps out 50watts a channel)

All because I joined this site many years ago. Ah, the simpler times when a set of KG4's connected to a Yamaha 995 was all I needed.

Go tubes and you will never go back. It is the Road to Madness.

As I sit here, I am listening to Triumph playing on a set of Klipschorns which are fed by a Thorens TD125MkII connected to a JM Tercel Phono Preamp connected to a JM Merlin connected to a set of Dynaco Mark III's which are sitting next to yet another tube amp - which, frankly, I would (should) sell if I weren't addicted. (But it is so pretty and pumps out 50watts a channel)

All because I joined this site many years ago. Ah, the simpler times when a set of KG4's connected to a Yamaha 995 was all I needed.

OK, here's what I plan on buying fairly soon:

Klipsch Heresy III speakers - don't have room for anything else in the Heritage line. Listening room is small.

Juicy Music Blueberry preamp - also looking at the Peach, but want a built-in phono connection.

power amp: TBD. Leaning towards tubes, but not familiar with what's available. Looking at NosValves website - maybe they can help me out? Would like a stereo, tubed power amp. Not sure on wattage. Can spend up to $2,000-/+.

CD player: TBD. The Ah Njoeb Tjoeb (?) 4000 got a lot of good reviews, but so did Rega's Apollo. Both must be able to play CDRs because I plan on copying CDs and downloading.

Turntable: yeah, it's about time. Most, if not all, my future music purchases will be vinyl. My dad gave me all of his records, and it's a shame I can't listen to them on a proper system. I have no idea what's considered "good." Can spend up to maybe $1,500+. How much does a new Linn LP12 go for these days? Music Hall? Rega?

Interconnects: Not sure. Is it even worth the extra money? If so, don't know where to begin!

Cables: 10 guage cable, bare wire attachments. Blue Jeans or Dayton. Also looking at Anti-Cables.

Belkin power strips (the cheap ones)

Stock power cords - duh!

Walnut component rack custom made by my buddy Dan Brody in Harvey's Lake, PA

Later: for office - Linn Classik or Arcam Solo with my old Klipsch 2.2kgs!

• Moderators

OK, in my continuing quest for my new system, I've decided on the Klipsch Heresy IIIs, and the system will be built around them. I was thinking about getting a Linn Classik to save space, but the more I think about it, the more I am drawn to the whole idea of horns, tubes, and vinyl. Thus, I am thinking about getting a Blueberry tube preamp.

--Mike

You might want to rethink those Heresy III's, excellent choice, but there could be a 6 to 8 week wait to get hand built, incredible speakers, maybe even longer. You might want to consider Bose because you can get those without any wait at all. Of course, if you do understand that quality comes with a price, and possible wait, you are going to have yourself a very, very nice system. I run VRD's with my BBX, mostly because of comments and suggestions on this forum, and I am very, very pleased.

Oh and be careful, everything Klipsch tells you is a lie, the only reason there are so many members on here is that we all really work for Klipsch and part of our conditions for employement is we have to make up a profile and act like we are really happy with our stuff and walk the Klipsch party line. The sales of new Klipsch product from this forum is make or break it for the company so there is a lot of pressure, so I do hope you will stick it out and wait the incredibly long time it takes to get Heresys.

Oh in case your wondering, my job is to try and make up bigger and better lies that we can tell people that are interested in our speakers, I do that in between my other job of polishing the Klipsch insignias and them glue them onto the speakers. I am hoping to work up someday to where I get to test the speakers and sign my name.

Good luck in your quest,

Travis