How many here are Musicians?

km5gn

I was a piano major and voice secondary in college. I also play guitar and conduct choirs.

Tigerman, I used to play organ (studied for 3 years), but haven't in years. Traditional churches (where the pipe organs are around here) and Woodogs don't play well together.

I've played keys for rock and country ensembles as well as accompanying singers and instrumentalists in the traditional literature. Like you, I always wear earplugs when doing gigs that involve amplifiers.

When I discovered Klipsch that was the end of the road for me.

Woo

My wife is a classically trained pianist and piano teacher. She has her masters in Musicology. Her father was a Jazz trumpet player all his life, played in the Army band as well. My oldest son started with trumpet and played that for 8 years and now plays guitar (more chicks). My younger son started with the sax and played that for 8 years as well. He loved the baritone sax, a pretty cool sound if you ask me. He now plays bass guitar (ditto the chick factor). We currently have 3 pianos (including a 7 1/2 foot Steinway), 3 guitars, 2 bass guitars, 4 amps, 2 trumpets, and 1 tenor sax in the house. As well as shelves full of sheet music, guitar magazines, metronomes, and other musical paraphernalia.

Me? I'm a spazz. I find the kazoo to be a challenge.

- Jim

My music career ended in 2nd grade by a cruel music teacher..

Went from the Triangle to a Bell, to the sticks, and ending with just a stick.

From then on, I was the designated page turner and poster board carrier. (all the words to the songs were hand printed on poster boards...The teacher didn't believe in sheet music for kids that age.)

It wasn't until College, when forced to take an Intro to Music Theory class, that I learned to appreciate music but still no desire to par take in it.

JJ

My music career ended in 2nd grade by a cruel music teacher..

Went from the Triangle to a Bell, to the sticks, and ending with just a stick.

From then on, I was the designated page turner and poster board carrier. (all the words to the songs were hand printed on poster boards...The teacher didn't believe in sheet music for kids that age.)

It wasn't until College, when forced to take an Intro to Music Theory class, that I learned to appreciate music but still no desire to par take in it.

JJ

Great story! LOL. Ironically enough for me I was a terror for my elementary school music teacher, the usual class clown smart-alek stuff. Near the end of my elementary school career I decided to take up percussion, and fairly soon got a real good teacher who just happened to be her husband! Much to my chagrin of course. I now had new found respect for her and became a model student gentleman around her at least. Soon the new target was the Jr. High band director anyway.