LIES LIES LIES

Thermalup

I ordered three heresy IIIs about a month ago and for whatever reason my dealer keeps telling me klipsch keeps pushing back the date of delivery. So I called Klipsh and talked to a guy named Chris in the Klipsch customer service office, he told me today that the delivery wouldn't be until April 5th .....WTF. Has anyone else had this problem? If this proves to be the case I think I'll have to cancel the order and go to B&W or Polk cause as far as Im concerned The new stuff Klipsch is making just dont do it for me.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should read the post before you reply, I said the new stuff doesn't do it for me. The Heresys (which i have a pair) are nice. Thats why I ordered them. Three as a matter of fact . The point is, is if the customer service is crap, then I run the other way. empty promises to me is crap service. I WAS WILLING TO WAIT FOR UP TO SIX WEEKS, WHICH IS WHAT KLIPSCH SAID, NOW THEY HAVE MOVED THAT OUT. What happens If I have a problem with the speakers. I guess in your world shipping a broke speaker back and waiting 10 weeks is cool. Sorry but not cool with me. Thanks for your reply.

AND TO THE 3 OF YOU THAT HAVE REPLIED, HONESTLY, CLOSE TO 17000 POST ON THE KLIPSCH SITE BETWEEN YOU. YOU EITHER WORK FOR KLIPSCH PR DEPT. OR YOU REALLY SHOULD GET A LIFE

Heresey's are not production, they are made to order. To me they are not new, they are an improvement over a fine line of earlier model speakers.Which is why I agreed to wait 6 weeks. If you folks are ok with someone saying to you (after you payed them $2,250.00) sorry, your 6 weeks just turned to 8 weeks and then again, sorry, your 8 weeks just turned to 10 weeks, well, I don't no what to say other than good luck you all and don't ever attempt owning your own buisness cause if that is you folks idea of good customer service, you will fail.

Thermal up.

Yes the new stuff you are referring to is a little dissapointing to my ears. I'm sorry of your frustration with the wait....but I hope that you stick it out. I went this weekend to a "heritage" dealer that didn't have the Cornwall 3 or the heresy on demo to listen too.

There probably isn't any "mass production" of these kinda speakers like B&W or Polk. All by hand. This is no excuse for delays or miscommunication but that assembly line is somewhat "personal".

Please stick it out and let us know how they sound.

jc

Not sure why I am bothering trying to point out why this is not the end of the world but I for some reason I feel I must. Yes it is frustrating to wait longer than anticipated for something. But if that something is being built to order, it really should not be a huge surprise. As has been said, if it's worth it to you, it's worth waiting for. If it's not, buy the polk speakers. You are only hurting yourself. Get over it - you'll live longer!

Josh

• Moderators

I ordered three heresy IIIs about a month ago and for whatever reason my dealer keeps telling me klipsch keeps pushing back the date of delivery. So I called Klipsh and talked to a guy named Chris in the Klipsch customer service office, he told me today that the delivery wouldn't be until April 5th .....WTF. Has anyone else had this problem? If this proves to be the case I think I'll have to cancel the order and go to B&W or Polk cause as far as Im concerned The new stuff Klipsch is making just dont do it for me.

By the "new stuff" you must be referring to the reference line like RF-83's? Otherwise you would not have ordered the H3's, I am assuming? Is is possible that some of your frustration is a result of the dealer? I have run into situations where I have purchased made to order items and I am told one thing and they always run behind. I think some sales people, thinking it will help a sale, may underestimate the time on purpose. Once they have your money they then blame it on the "factory." Your post indicated that you talked to a Chris and it appears that he answered your question straight up on the time it will take. Did he acknowledge that different time estimates were given, or that there had been some change in the time. I have no idea how they do these runs on Heresys, but is is a situation that they will don't do a run until they get a minimum number of orders? If that is the case then what ever time is given is only an estimate since they can guess based on past orders how long it will take to get enough orders, but they can never be sure. This may not have been explained very well by the dealer, don't know. I ordered a media crendenza from a company called Diamond Case in California last year. Beautiful stuff, semi-custom and custom, and they say right on their web site that it takes on average so many weeks to have it shipped, and that the sales department would have a better idea. What I really liked about the sales people was they were right up front about it, he said that they were getting ready to start a run on a certain model right away and it would be less of a wait, and on another model they were waiting for orders to do a run. He gave me a window, said the soonest would be this, and the longest would be thus. It was towards the longer end but within his range. So I know what it is like to wait on something, no fun at all, but it is sure a lot easier if you know what the window is going to be and it is an accurate window.

It sounds like if you stick with it you have a good contact within Klipsch to keep track of things. You obviously know a whole lot more about the facts of the situation because you are having to deal with it, and you may not have detailed what was going on at the dealer end that led you to contact Klipsch directly. You may have eliminated that dealer as any source of the frustration, I don't know, but if not you may want to look at part, if not all, of your frustration may have been as the result of the dealer simply not leveling with you.

I am sure you have figured out by now that you are not going to get far by bashing Klipsch on this forum. Just like I am sure you would not get much help if you bought a new Corvette and went to CCOA and started bashing it on their site. There are 3 or 4 Klipsch employees who post here on a regular basis, they are easy to identify, no secrets. They bend over backwards to help folks on here with all kinds of problems, they will go the extra mile for you, I have seen it time and time again. But if there is no run until then, there is no run. DeanG responded to you earlier, he is getting custom made speakers from the theater division, he was given a pretty long time estimate right from the get go, he would be able to tell you better how the estimates are holding up, again that is with a different division.

I have not ordered anything new that requires a special production run like you are doing, so I cannot tell you that what you have been told by Chris is iron clad or not; but there are plenty of people here that have and can tell you what their experience was. If it appears that what Chris has told you is accurate, and I have no reason to think otherwise, then you simply have to decide if it is worth the wait to you. If it is any concilation, it is about an 8 month wait for Harbeth Reference monitors, and Harbeth just doesn't care.

If you really like the sound of the H3's, which is sounds like you do, you are not going to be happy with Polk. B&W are a great choice, a lot of folks have them on here too, but you probably compared the two before deciding to go with the H3's. Does you dealer have anything you can borrow or "demo" while you wait?

A lot of us on this forum wish there were more stocking heritage dealers, so don't get the idea that we don't ***** and gripe about what we would like to see, we do believe me.

I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide. Now sure what you were trying to achive with your post, but if it is information from others who have made similar orders I am sure they will respond and hopefully give you some reassurance. If it was just to bash Klipsch, it is going to fall on deaf ears (see recent post by Trey where they just took Khorns up to 124 db a HQ "Your old if it is too loud" or somethink like that). If it is for alternatives to Klipsch, I would pass on the polk, and either go B&W or buy 3 Bose Wave Radios.

Travis

You should read the post before you reply, I said the new stuff doesn't do it for me. The Heresys (which i have a pair) are nice. Thats why I ordered them. Three as a matter of fact . The point is, is if the customer service is crap, then I run the other way. empty promises to me is crap service. I WAS WILLING TO WAIT FOR UP TO SIX WEEKS, WHICH IS WHAT KLIPSCH SAID, NOW THEY HAVE MOVED THAT OUT. What happens If I have a problem with the speakers. I guess in your world shipping a broke speaker back and waiting 10 weeks is cool. Sorry but not cool with me. Thanks for your reply.

AND TO THE 3 OF YOU THAT HAVE REPLIED, HONESTLY, CLOSE TO 17000 POST ON THE KLIPSCH SITE BETWEEN YOU. YOU EITHER WORK FOR KLIPSCH PR DEPT. OR YOU REALLY SHOULD GET A LIFE

This guy sounds like a customer to me. A real customer. One that buys new speakers, not used speakers. A guy that adds to Klipsch's bottom line and keeps the 'Heritage' line alive, unlike the masses here that buy second hand speakers.

You are right buddy, many here have no life. They do have little sense though. Good luck getting your speakers. And please do not judge everyone here by the few goofballs that have responded negatively.

Keith

• Moderators

what dealer did you order from and i will see what's up.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

See there, while I posting my way too lengthy response, Roy (who works for Klipsch) jumped in and offered to help. Treat him nice and he will take care of you. I am sure it is a simple misunderstanding and some miscommunication between you, the dealer and Klipsch, which does sometimes happen. Hopefully he can satisfy your concerns. Having seen this exact type of response, an offer to help, in so many situations I truly believe that Klipsch wants to find out where things went sideways on the estimate. If it is someone at Klipsch they want to let them know they need to be clear to the dealer that it is only an estimate, if it is the dealer who is giving bad info. they want to educate them more about the process.

Hope it all works out and I look forward to hearing what you end up deciding to do.

Travis