LIES LIES LIES

Thermalup

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't wait for them, you don't really want them..................Who said life was simple? They will be worth the wait........if your just looking for a reason to come on here and blast Klipsch........try another forum............................I didn't just write that, did I ????????????

If you can't wait for them, you don't really want them..................Who said life was simple? They will be worth the wait........if your just looking for a reason to come on here and blast Klipsch........try another forum............................I didn't just write that, did I ????????????

You sourpuss.

My guess is Travis hit it... the salesman said what ever he could, to make you feel comfortable. I'd bet a dime that it was his error (innocent or not). Hang in there, the wait is the hardest part, just ask Dean!!

If by chance, the production date HAS been moved back, then keep it mind, it's certainly possible that (since they ARE essentially hand made) maybe someone fell ill, quit...or something else unforseen. Crap DOES happen in life.

I highly applaude you for buying NEW!!! [<:o)]

I hope to, I just picked up a Lexicon AMp and Rotel processor, I am really wanting to hook up five hersys to complete the set but I CANT STAND BEING LIED TO AND "PUT ON THE BACK BURNER"

It's a shame you're not getting the speakers in the time frame you wanted. But hopefully Roy will sort that out. With any luck you'll get what you ordered soon. I've ordered stuff from other manufacturers and have had to wait months in some cases to get stuff. But if it's something you really want, it'll be worth the wait. In relation to Heresys and as a long time owner, I think you'll enjoy the speaker when you get them. I'd rather have a custom built product than something you buy off the shelf and is made in China/Taiwan etc... I haven't heard the Heresy III's yet. Please report back when you get them and let me know what you think.

ive been thru the same thing with various sellers of gear, and i know your frustration is high now.............and i also know alot of the members here seem to think customer service takes a back seat to the gear.............i fall in on the side of customer service comes on the same level as the gear, if you tell me 6 weeks then i expect it to be 6 weeks i dont want to hear it is a hand built quality product and i should be patient........... the manufacturer knew it was a hand built quality product when they gave me a timeline for delivery and the fact that the manufacturer has been in business for more than 50 years should mean they have a good idea of how long it takes to build a hand made quality product, and should be able to forsee someone getting sick or ill or quitting,(im sure they have more than 1 builder and if thry dont then they should if they are throwing out a timeline its called a backup plan) ................what i would do in a situation like this if i were a manufacturer that failed to meet the mark is offer up a rebate or a token of some sort to say hey we know we screwed up and we are sorry, we truly do appreciate your business and it is you the customer that keeps us in business.....................i beleive most companys today beleive they can act as they see fit and if you turn away they will be ok because someone else will buy the product.............50 years ago this attitude would have been the ruin of a company.....................today it is more the norm than not...................and as you have no doubt seen here with some of the BS responses you received peoples attitudes have made it possiable for companies to act in this manner.........................that said i do beleive klipsch is one of the better speakers available on the market today and i would never move to a lesser speaker out of my anger (cut off your nose to spite your face)

i would take roy up in his offer to look into this, and make a level headed decision after the response.................there is always the used market for heresys if they fail to meet expectations that they set for you, or at least make things right with the one person that keeps them alive THE CUSTOMER

Joe

When I ordered Klipsch speakers in 1965 it took 3 months. I was happy before, during, and after the wait. In 2004 I waited about 2 months for the Klipsch sub. I was happy before, during and after the wait even though the sub cost more than 2 K-horns and a Cornwall put together. I also ordered 4 little dorky Klipsch SC-1's (can't remember the nomenclature) in 2004 and waited about 2 months. I was happy before, during and after. The sub and SC-1's were in black so I covered them with "Bandit" red oak veneer and was happy. Then I covered the K-horns and Cornwall in the same veneer and was happy. Then I made custom grills and grill cloth for the K-horns and Cornwall and I was still happy. Then I ordered Dean's crossovers and it took a month or so and I was happy. The only dealer (of many) who didn't prevericate the shipping date was my Klipsch dealer.

Lesson: If you want to be happy, "chill out".

JJK

I'm just sittin here reading the posts and enjoying my own laughter. Joessportster... The factory did'nt tell the customer an imaginary delivery date it was the bad, bad salesman. The factory, when called through frustration, told the customer the truth. I don't own any Klipsch's but wish I did... and will someday. Consider yourselves all very lucky people. My 2 cents :~) Paul

You should read the post before you reply, I said the new stuff doesn't do it for me. The Heresys (which i have a pair) are nice. Thats why I ordered them. Three as a matter of fact . The point is, is if the customer service is crap, then I run the other way. empty promises to me is crap service. I WAS WILLING TO WAIT FOR UP TO SIX WEEKS, WHICH IS WHAT KLIPSCH SAID, NOW THEY HAVE MOVED THAT OUT. What happens If I have a problem with the speakers. I guess in your world shipping a broke speaker back and waiting 10 weeks is cool. Sorry but not cool with me. Thanks for your reply.

AND TO THE 3 OF YOU THAT HAVE REPLIED, HONESTLY, CLOSE TO 17000 POST ON THE KLIPSCH SITE BETWEEN YOU. YOU EITHER WORK FOR KLIPSCH PR DEPT. OR YOU REALLY SHOULD GET A LIFE

I have a life on order, but it is taking about a month longer than I was led to believe. If I don't get it soon I am going out and getting one with less patience.

Hee hee.

"...CLOSE TO 17000 POST ON THE KLIPSCH SITE BETWEEN YOU. YOU EITHER WORK FOR KLIPSCH PR DEPT. OR YOU REALLY SHOULD GET A LIFE."

I've been locked in this loony bin for seven years, and the math says I only open my mouth about five times a day. Actually, I do work for Klipsch PR, but the cheap bastards won't pay me.

I'm just sittin here reading the posts and enjoying my own laughter. Joessportster... The factory did'nt tell the customer an imaginary delivery date it was the bad, bad salesman. The factory, when called through frustration, told the customer the truth. I don't own any Klipsch's but wish I did... and will someday. Consider yourselves all very lucky people. My 2 cents :~) Paul

the dealer is basically an employee/represenative of klipsch, and if they cant control him they need to look elsewhere for a dealer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh at that

'

Joe

Customer service is at the point of sale.  The store should have accurately assessed the delvery time range and proactively advised of any changes in that schedule.  I doubt if there is any deceit on anyones part, just poor customer service.  It is a truly lost art and I'd dare to venture that even Klipsch could polish up on it.  I grapple with customer service frustrations constantly and yes I get very mad when warranted.  But this situation is not unheard of and somewhat understandible even if less than ideally dealt with.  It should have been made clear from the onset that delivery dates are not carved in stone.  Custom product orders are always approximations and delivery date ranges are usually provided instead of specific time frames.  Take this forum as a clear and readily available reflection of Klipschs' interest in its customers and clients.  There are many audio manufacturers who provide no communication pathways to end users.  Klipsch does care and accepts any due criticisms as much as wearing well deserved laurels.  Name one other audio firm that will take the tone of your initial offering here and have a corporate level person volunteer an offer to investigate?  So while I can understand your frustration I do think you doth complain a bit too brazenly.

I think it's probably standard practice for a Heritage dealer to say "six to eight weeks". When I was looking for new Klipschorns I was told "a minimum of six weeks". I do agree that a customer should be told up front what the real wait will be. OTOH, a fact of business is getting behind on production runs -- and I think this is often the case with build to order. If you are told it will be a month, it's probably best to figure on two. At any rate, poop happens -- I don't see the sense in blowing a gasket over it.

I thought your post looked a little familiar so I looked around and found a previous thread you posted in.

"Funny, I did the same as you except I have purchased three Heresy IIIs. Left-Center-Right. I am retiring my Heresy IIs to the back of the room. I too have not heard them, I even had a sales rep at a local hi-fi store tell me they were crap before I bought them. Why you ask would I buy them when one of these so called hi-fi pukes with slick hair and pimples told me they were crap ...Cause he was adick and I figured he must be wrong. I hope I'm happy when I get them. Now if I could just figure out what new processor and amp to buy."

Now I'm not trying to be unfriendly or draw conclusions from a situation where I only know part of the story. But is this the same salesperson that sold you the Heresy III? If so, then given your description of him is it that much of a surprise that you got inaccurate information from him? If this was not the Klipsch salesperson then how were you treated by the guy that did take your order? In any case I hope you stick it out because I think you will find it worthwhile. I have 4 Heresy III and am very happy. Mine took 9 weeks to arrive, I was told it would be a minimum 8 weeks, and then was given an update that it would be more like 12 weeks. Maybe you'll get yours early as well.

Good luck

- Jim

You're right in that the salesman is a representative of the factory, but not an employee. He is probably paid on the units he sells and you were the unlucky customer who was going to make his "quota" for the month. That is why I said "bad bad salesman". People don't always represent the whole truth in certain situations. I am not defending his action just my response. I know you have gone through the same thing purchasing other items in your life and will again. Everyone has. I was not laughing at you but the posts. Sales IS a tough occupation and the only way to succeed is to get referrals... your salesman will not succeed. That, you can enjoy in knowing. The posts here reflect the feedback the factory will get and is your reason for the original post. Paul