LIES LIES LIES

Thermalup

[\quote]

[think of all the good music listening lost waiting around 30 years for k-horns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

I whiled away those thirty years with Rectinlinear III's, Frazier Super Monte Carlos, etc. Did not "lose" any quality music listening time...it just wasn't 'horns. I still have three all Frazier systems, and all are more than just acceptable...but they are not 'horns.

And, no, I do not pay for anything in advance except income tax.

Dave

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of you have missed the point. A man comes into a store makes an informed decision based on what he is told and hears, pays a sum of money and trusts that the product will be delivered in accordance with what was AGREED!

If the store owner and the manufacturer are unable to give the customer a valid reason why delivery of the product will not take place at the AGREED time then I would say that trust and indeed the agreement has been breached. I am sure that if a valid reason was given most customers are understanding.

Lies? What do you think that will do for the customer? What will he tell his friends? If he does decide to hang in there, the product will have to be well worth the wait & stuff up becasue if it is not, watch out store owner and manufacturer here comes the customer from hell!

As an aside, the manufacturing does not seem to be as good as some of you think. How many of you have purchased new lately? I purchased a pair of Khorns in 2004 and yes I did wait and they actually arrived earlier (by ship too). But the manufacturing was very poor and I also had a problem with a K 55 X. Klipsch did assist me with a new driver and apologised for poor workmanship (I sent photos as an illustration). When you looked internally it appeared to be put together by a novice. In 1977 I purchased a pair of Heresys, there were chucks out of the front panel (painted black) and the woofer surround was roughly sawn and out of round. I accpeted this. I did have a pair of 1976 Khorns and they were well made.So it is the luck of the draw as to who makes the product for you and what, if any, quality controls are in place. Quality control should go all the way to 'front of house' as I would think that Klipsch understand that what a dealer does will also reflect back to the manufacturer. Dealer and manufacturer are one.

Hope you get to the bottom of the reason why there were delays.

• Moderators

I think many of you have missed the point. A man comes into a store makes an informed decision based on what he is told and hears, pays a sum of money and trusts that the product will be delivered in accordance with what was AGREED!

If the store owner and the manufacturer are unable to give the customer a valid reason why delivery of the product will not take place at the AGREED time then I would say that trust and indeed the agreement has been breached. I am sure that if a valid reason was given most customers are understanding.

Dealer and manufacturer are one.

Hope you get to the bottom of the reason why there were delays.

I think that is the problem I am having, I don't really know where this time frame came from. If, as you say, the dealer was forwarding information from Klipsch, and IF, Klipsch said they would have the product by a certain date, then Klipsch is to blame, and they need to train there people that it is o.k. to let people know that they can only give an estimate as to complition and there are no guarantees. But the purchaser said that he was told by the dealer that it was going to be 4 to 6 weeks, and later the dealer said that Klipsch orginally said it was going to be 3 weeks but the dealer gave a longer estimate to cover themselves. I just don't believe Klipsch would tell any dealer it would be 3 weeks. I could believe "as soon as 3 weeks but up to 12 weeks depending on when the next run is." Somewhere it needed to me made clear that is an estimate and that it could take longer. In 2004 what were you told would be the wait to have the KHorns built? Was there an agreement that they would be delivered to you by a certain date, or were you given a estimate as to when they would be finished. I doubt the dealer in this case "agreed" to any date, according to the buyer they were already doubling the time estimate because they knew there delays. There is no way they would agree to a date, and they would have no authority to bind Klipsch to a delivery date. It is either the buyer's fault for not specifying a delivery date, or the dealer for not making it clear that the time was an estimate.

However, who breached what is not the point, the buyer said that the dealer was willing to refund his money or let him purchase something else. So the real question is does the buyer think it worth the wait for Klipsch, or does he punt and go with something else.

The dealer and manufacturer are not one, that relationship went out with Bestbuy and the box stores. I do agree with you that the manufacturer is only as strong as it's dealer network and the dealer is only as strong as the brands it carrys.

I don't really think it matters why there were delays; is the buyer going to be happy if the reason was they got a bad batch of wood and in order to maintain high quality they rejected it and had to wait for a new batch any more then if he was told that everyone decided to take an extra few days off because the fish were really biting good down at the ole fishing hole? All he knows is that he does not have his speakers. What he needs to know is if the manufacturer is aware of the problem and if he can get accurate information at this point. They are and the man who is on it will only give the straight scoop, even if it is not what the buyer wants to hear.

I am really curious as to what kind of estimate you were given in '04 and if the dealer gave you a range or window. I would guess that you were probably told 4 to 6 months depending on the number of orders placed, but just a guess.

Travis

It's interesting to here about your quaility issues Consistent. Many of the High End Hi-Fi stores aparently have quit selling Klipsch because of quality issues. (at first I didn't want to here it, maybe I was in denial thinking how good my old Klipsch stuff is) I have looked at the "new stuff" in the BIG CRAP BOX STORE with all of the not so intelligent staff and decided rather quickly that, "nope, don't won't that." This is why I was hoping to pick up "New and Improved" Heresy IIIs. Well....Are they improved? Is the quailty that I recieved 15 years ago still there? The failed delivery dates and some of the things I've heard and now what I'm reading is really starting to bother me. Has the new Klipsch famaily member running the company gone to profits over quality. Surely this is the case if your selling in Best Buy. Or am I wrong. I would love to here some REAL, LATE MODEL HERESY purchasers speak up instead of the Klipsch defender who hasn't purchased a Klipsch product for 20 years and who shops on ebay for khorns or lascallas. Is the craftsmanship there? Are the components being used of high quality or just garbage in a hand made box? PLEASE HELP.

Thermalup, based on how you come across, none of our responses will be worthy of consideration, since many of us might be "not so intelligent" as well. ALL Klipsch Heritage speakers are still made in Hope, using the same people, saws, routers, patterns, dimensions, plans, and essential components as were used 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 years ago.

This Klipsch defender has modern RF 7s, RSW15, and just sold a gorgeous "bought new" set of Heresys. Fit and finish were superb, and qaulity - a factor discerned over time- is on par with my beloved Heritage. I also realize a custom order is EXACTLY that, and that a shipping date is an estimate, UNLESS there is a tracking number in hand...and even that can be an adventure.

You will continue to be chastised by some due to a perception of instragent impatience, an inability to seperate what your dealer said vs reality, and your burning desire to have a trio/set of speakers immediately. If you desire to change that perception, drop a little of the smug, superior attitude, and change the topic header to "I"m frustrated." It might make a huge difference.

Now if you are in Chicago, Simply Stereo has some stunning Heritage in the house. They sounded great yesterday. No wait time there.

I would love to here some REAL, LATE MODEL HERESY purchasers speak up instead of the Klipsch defender who hasn't purchased a Klipsch product for 20 years and who shops on ebay for khorns or lascallas. Is the craftsmanship there? Are the components being used of high quality or just garbage in a hand made box? PLEASE HELP.

I didn't pay $1,500 for some Heresy's, but I DID just pay under $7,000 for one of their larger brothers. The quality is there. I DID hear the H-III's when in Hope last summer and they were awesome however, I must preface that with the fact that it had been 25 years since I'd previously heard a pair.

As for those who say the company & dealers are the same 'voice' in essence, I don't agree and I'd ask you this... What if the salesman had said "there happens to be an extra pair at the factory and we can have those to you in two days"

he closes the sale takes the money and there is no extra pair. The seller KNOWS he's going to string it out a couple weeks. Is that the factory's fault? Since some think the two are "one", does the factory drop EVERYTHING it's doing to accomodate this at the expense now, of ticking others off? Can the factory be responsible for EVERY word the salesman might say? If it's a repeat pattern, they can drop the store, but that takes several happenings to create a trend. For all we know this was a good retail store with an idiot salesman ("tell them anything they want to hear, to close the sale" kinda guy)

I know I'm only responding while hearing 5% of the whole story but I still think thermalup needs to simply relaxxxxxxxxxx. It's going to be okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, trust me. Unless the store is STEALING your money (not putting in a bonafide order for your speakers), it's going to be all right and worth it in the end.

In my view, the REAL problem stems at the point of sale. How tough would it have been for the salesman to CALL the factory and get a double checked date? I'd bet that Thermalup would have been pleasantly impressed had he seen the salesman talking on the phone to the Klipsch company on his behalf.

Thermalup, if you simply can't relax, then get your money back and get another brand. It's a pair of speakers for gosh sake, not open heart surgery on your infant daughter.

I've bought new Klipsch twice..................never listened to them at the store................didn't have to, I knew what I was buying.......listening to speakers in a store, is quite frankly, a waste of time, unless your chosen room resembles the store's room. Every Car dealer sells you the best car, every TV salesman sells you the best TV, every speaker salesman sells the best speakers, get a grip.............so , they are little behind on the delivery date, does everything you do go as planned ? I saw the post from Roy Boy............he'll look into it...what more can he do ? Relax, it will be worth the wait............you'll see, I mean HEAR..........................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldbuckster:

You are right on the money. You are right on the money. You are right on the money. You are right on the money. You are right on the money. I didn't have to drive my 1967 427 Vette before I purchased it. I ordered it from overseas with a $500.00 deposit. Total price out the door was $4380.00. I wish I would have ordered 10 of them. I also wish I would have ordered 5 more K-horns and a slug of Cornwalls. I waited 3 months for the Vette. I also ordered the K-horns from overseas. If Bell labs says they are the best, then they are the best I figured and I was right.

JJK

I would love to here some REAL, LATE MODEL HERESY purchasers speak up instead of the Klipsch defender who hasn't purchased a Klipsch product for 20 years and who shops on ebay for khorns or lascallas. Is the craftsmanship there? Are the components being used of high quality or just garbage in a hand made box? PLEASE HELP.

I didn't pay $1,500 for some Heresy's, but I DID just pay under $7,000 for one of their larger brothers. The quality is there. I DID hear the H-III's when in Hope last summer and they were awesome however, I must preface that with the fact that it had been 25 years since I'd previously heard a pair.

As for those who say the company & dealers are the same 'voice' in essence, I don't agree and I'd ask you this... What if the salesman had said "there happens to be an extra pair at the factory and we can have those to you in two days"

he closes the sale takes the money and there is no extra pair. The seller KNOWS he's going to string it out a couple weeks. Is that the factory's fault? Since some think the two are "one", does the factory drop EVERYTHING it's doing to accomodate this at the expense now, of ticking others off? Can the factory be responsible for EVERY word the salesman might say? If it's a repeat pattern, they can drop the store, but that takes several happenings to create a trend. For all we know this was a good retail store with an idiot salesman ("tell them anything they want to hear, to close the sale" kinda guy)

I know I'm only responding while hearing 5% of the whole story but I still think thermalup needs to simply relaxxxxxxxxxx. It's going to be okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, trust me. Unless the store is STEALING your money (not putting in a bonafide order for your speakers), it's going to be all right and worth it in the end.

In my view, the REAL problem stems at the point of sale. How tough would it have been for the salesman to CALL the factory and get a double checked date? I'd bet that Thermalup would have been pleasantly impressed had he seen the salesman talking on the phone to the Klipsch company on his behalf.

Thermalup, if you simply can't relax, then get your money back and get another brand. It's a pair of speakers for gosh sake, not open heart surgery on your infant daughter.

coytee: i will have to disagree with you here............if a manufacturer has a dealer that lies to sell the product it is the manufacturer's responsiability to either set the dealer straight or drop the dealer simple as that..........no matter how it is sliced everything falls back to the perception that is formed by the customer............i dont know thermalup but i have to take him at his word that he spoke with his dealer and they called klipsch more than 1 time etc... etc... etc..., until he finally called klipsch and was told yet another set back date.................again check out what roy wrote on the previous page "BOTTOM LINE IF HE WAS GIVEN A DATE FOR DELIVERY, SPEAKS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED ON SAID DATE" no excuses made, no finger pointing,simply made it clear he would be looking into the situation and get an answer

from my point of view everything else became a moot point as soon as roy said this, he as a klipsch employee took all responsiability to try to make this right and i hope that if he finds a dealer mis-represented the factory then said dealer will be dealt with

there are alot of people saying be patient, (problem is there are all types of personalities here on earth)i am a very impatient person when i am told something and it falls thru with no good reason..and i would happily bet alot of the be patient crowd have had instances in there lives where they were not so patient (although they may have reacted differantly) i would bet if some here ordered a new harley/ sportscar and paid for it and the factory said 6 months time comes they say sorry we ran out of black timing covers it will be another month time comes sorry another 3 weeks we ran out of red paint, go to pick up bike and the wheels are the wrong style OOPS another 2 weeks sorry bout that ...............im betting tempers would flare and not just with the dealer

Joe

Joe, my wife, kid, and I went out to a real nice steakhouse in St. Louis last year for my birthday, the kind of place where they charge almost as much for a baked potato as I like to pay for a normal entree. Our dinners came out, and I noticed my filet came out well done, and with Cajun seasoning. I wanted a medium rare naked filet, so obviously there was a mistake.

I talked to the waitress, and noted there might be a second mistake - trying to make sure someone else didn't get my order for a second mistake. We had a great dinner, and they gave us a free dessert all around, and even threw a second filet in a doggie bag to make sure we went home happy. Sometimes you get superior customer service by being nice in an unfortunate situation.

We could have played the blame game, and railed at the waitress, chef, maitre de, etc, but a great time would have been ashes. It is all in the approach you take when conducting a transaction, from both sides of the equation. Roy is resolving the situation, the buyer (under a second tagline) will have the opportunity to complete his Heresy purchase, and we will hear about further issues as the story continues.

Travis,

I'm thinking lawsuit. What do you think? Maybe mental anguish, suffering, and loss of consortium for starters?

I have suffered mental anguish from reading this thread. I know, I know, I don't have to read it, but it's like a car wreck. I just can't look away. [+o(]

Jeremy

coytee: i will have to disagree with you here............if a manufacturer has a dealer that lies to sell the product it is the manufacturer's responsiability to either set the dealer straight or drop the dealer simple as that

Was it the DEALER (ownership) that might have lied, or might it have been a part time salesperson?. I've not seen it clearly stated but if it was a "person of authority" then you are right in that the "dealership" is giving an unacceptable runaround. If on the other hand, it's a newly hired salesperson (and I don't recall it being clearly stated WHO it was) then I do not agree with your logic tree. It isn't necessarily the factory's fault that a dealer might hire an idiot. The factory should not be painted with the same brush as the idiotic part time, or new or perhaps just dishonest, salesperson. If it again, was someone "of authority" at the dealer, then I do tend to agree with you. Especially if they DID make the follow up calls (which they should be able to document)

..........no matter how it is sliced everything falls back to the perception that is formed by the customer............

Soooooooo, if a broker suggests to you that you buy "ABC" mutual fund because it's going to go up and it goes DOWN instead, is that the fault of the Mutual fund company that their "representative" mislead you and never told you that in fact, mutual funds go up AND down? I still liken what I've read so far to "tell them what what ever it takes to get the sale" After all, the broker gave you the perception that it would go UP.

i dont know thermalup but i have to take him at his word that he spoke with his dealer and they called klipsch more than 1 time etc... etc... etc..., until he finally called klipsch and was told yet another set back date.................

NOW is the time to me that the factory is "officially" on the hook. The factory is obviously the place of action and can't blame anything on anyone else. What ever this person at the factory said could have very well been the "REAL" date the dealer should have used (I guess we'll never know?). Regardless... now that this person has given a date, Thermalup can start to balance what the factory has told him, against what the dealer has said.

again check out what roy wrote on the previous page "BOTTOM LINE IF HE WAS GIVEN A DATE FOR DELIVERY, SPEAKS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED ON SAID DATE" no excuses made, no finger pointing,simply made it clear he would be looking into the situation and get an answer

Hard to argue with Berryboy...I might have to take his ribs back! All I'm trying to say is if in fact the factory was working on a 4 week turnaround (and I'm just making that up) then that "is" what is. If a (perhaps new) salesman at the dealer decides to say 2 weeks, how is that the fault of the factory? How can the factory be held responsible for that when their production scheduel doesn't even have them slated to START until perhaps, the aforementioned delivery date has passed? (again, I don't know this, just trying to give a perspective)

from my point of view everything else became a moot point as soon as roy said this, he as a klipsch employee took all responsiability to try to make this right and i hope that if he finds a dealer mis-represented the factory then said dealer will be dealt with

Has Roy given a "date" yet? If so, I've not seen it. If he has, then I agree that this date is "come hell or high water" for them. Then again, if I were Roy, I'd tell Thermalup that the manufacturing DATE is "such & such... and then it will go to SHIPPING which might take 4/8 days" The reason I say that is (having dealt with the public in sales like this in a prior life) MANY impatient people will only hear what they WANT to hear. Many people will say "Roy HIMSELF said the date would be (insert Roy's date) and said person will somehow not take into account that the date of manufacture means just that. Does not mean date of delivery...it still has to go through someone elses hands to get to him. Generally these other hands are beyond the factory's absolute control. I still think Thermalup needs to simply relax

there are alot of people saying be patient, (problem is there are all types of personalities here on earth)i am a very impatient person when i am told something and it falls thru with no good reason..

Do we CLEARLY know that it was with "no good reason"?? (if so, then you've got a point, I've just not noticed yet, any "no good reason", all I've heard so far is a one sided tirade which in itself, discounts him a bit.)

and i would happily bet alot of the be patient crowd have had instances in there lives where they were not so patient (although they may have reacted differantly) i would bet if some here ordered a new harley/ sportscar and paid for it and the factory said 6 months time comes they say sorry we ran out of black timing covers it will be another month time comes sorry another 3 weeks we ran out of red paint, go to pick up bike and the wheels are the wrong style OOPS another 2 weeks sorry bout that ...............im betting tempers would flare and not just with the dealer

You are probably right that some folks would go ballistic. They always have an option to them, cancel the order and "hit back" where it hurts most. He either wants them or he doesn't. When my Jubilees were ordered I was CLEARLY told that they'd be delivered to me on a FULL SIZED tractor/trailer. There is 100% NO WAY that a full sized tractor trailer can POSSIBLY make it to my house. My road is only 15' wide and has several 90 degree turns in it. We went back/forth.. finally, I paid an EXTRA $50 for them to have a 'smaller truck" make the delivery. When it was all said & done, the truck that showed up was ACTUALLY the "full sized" truck that they spoke of and NOT the same 'full sized" tractor trailer that I clearly described to them (semi pulling a 60/80' trailer). Although we were talking about the same physical truck in their parking lot, and both described it as "full sized" (me going the extra effort to clarify a semi pulling a FULL length trailer), the reality was THEY were talking about a "full sized" 40' truck and I was talking about a "full sized" 80' truck. (this part of the discussion was with Fed Ex, themselves, the ACTUAL point of delivery, able to LOOK at their trucks) So, who's fault is it that I was talking to the centers delivery MANAGER and he STILL didn't comprehend that I might be talking about an 80' truck as I explicitely described it? Is it my fault he's dumb as a box? Klipsch's fault??

Even as it was, the truck that showed up BARELY made it to my house.

Here's my point... the truck that showed up represented what THEY were calling a "full sized" tractor/trailer. It was CLEARLY not a semi you see motering down the highway. This was about 1/2 the length of a full sized rig.

I paid an EXTRA $50 to have it delivered on the SAME truck it would have OTHERWISE been delivered on. In other words, I paid $50 extra and for nothing. This SHOULD have been refunded to me. I even made a joke to someone (someone in Klipsch's food chain) about it and he was "going to see to it" that it was refunded now that ALL the facts were on the table.

I've never received the refund and I don't really care. No one was out to get me, it was just a funky situation. The REAL culpret was the dufas at FedEx. No reason for me to get fugly with Klipsch

• Moderators

It's interesting to here about your quaility issues Consistent. Many of the High End Hi-Fi stores aparently have quit selling Klipsch because of quality issues. (at first I didn't want to here it, maybe I was in denial thinking how good my old Klipsch stuff is) I have looked at the "new stuff" in the BIG CRAP BOX STORE with all of the not so intelligent staff and decided rather quickly that, "nope, don't won't that." This is why I was hoping to pick up "New and Improved" Heresy IIIs. Well....Are they improved? Is the quailty that I recieved 15 years ago still there? The failed delivery dates and some of the things I've heard and now what I'm reading is really starting to bother me. Has the new Klipsch famaily member running the company gone to profits over quality. Surely this is the case if your selling in Best Buy. Or am I wrong. I would love to here some REAL, LATE MODEL HERESY purchasers speak up instead of the Klipsch defender who hasn't purchased a Klipsch product for 20 years and who shops on ebay for khorns or lascallas. Is the craftsmanship there? Are the components being used of high quality or just garbage in a hand made box? PLEASE HELP.

I take it you were not impressed with those photos of the cornwall III being made?

I take it you were not impressed with those photos of the cornwall III being made?

I'll wager that OSHA would not be impressed. Sorry, I'm sitting at work on a Saturday and had to take a break from getting ready for an upcoming audit from safety. Actually, I wish all my stuff was made like that. I ordered a receiver from a local dealer that offered a 10% discount if I paid up front. I paid and got no receiver. After waiting 3 months full of excuses, I contacted the manufacturer, discovered that the local dealer had never placed the order and got one delivered in person in one week. I killed that unit one month out of warranty (entirely my fault as I shorted out a 12 volt trigger) and was given a brand new at no charge because of the past hassles. I didn't asked for a new one, just shipped it off for a paid repair. Someone, somewhere in the company remembered by past stuggle a year in the past and gave me a nice present with a "thank you for being a customer card".

Edit; What's up with the 1 post stuff, I haven't been able to access this in a while, user name/password issues.

DWI Lawyer

Frankley, I was not impressed by the pictures. Why, because I do not build speakers for a living and can only look at a FINISHED product to form an opinion of if "I" think it is a quality piece of work. I would look at the joints, finish, fit and trim, etc..AND OFCOURSE the sound. In addition, I for one can look at two horns or speaker components or whatever it may be in a speaker and I would be cluless as to its performance, quality, durability, etc..

I can say that the Klipsch products I have seen in Best Buy are not impressive to me in sound or quality. Thats not to say they are not another mans jewels. Just not my cup of tea.

I would also clear the air about my dealer. My dealer does not have a showroom, They deal strictley in custom home and buisness installs. I got there contact info from the Klipsch web site dealer locator. When I did speak to them I got the impression that they had NO interist in selling me Heresys. They were not rude, as a matter of fact they did say to me "we have other quality speakers in stock including the newer "klipsh" speakers. They did explain to me that they were not a stock item and would need to be ordered. I allready knew this and I asked them to tell me how long. They inturn called Klipsch.....and You have seen the rest. THIS IS NOT A DEALER ISSUE. Its is Klipsch.

• Moderators

DWI Lawyer

Frankley, I was not impressed by the pictures. Why, because I do not build speakers for a living and can only look at a FINISHED product to form an opinion of if "I" think it is a quality piece of work. I would look at the joints, finish, fit and trim, etc..AND OFCOURSE the sound. In addition, I for one can look at two horns or speaker components or whatever it may be in a speaker and I would be cluless as to its performance, quality, durability, etc..

I can say that the Klipsch products I have seen in Best Buy are not impressive to me in sound or quality. Thats not to say they are not another mans jewels. Just not my cup of tea.

I would also clear the air about my dealer. My dealer does not have a showroom, They deal strictley in custom home and buisness installs. I got there contact info from the Klipsch web site dealer locator. When I did speak to them I got the impression that they had NO interist in selling me Heresys. They were not rude, as a matter of fact they did say to me "we have other quality speakers in stock including the newer "klipsh" speakers. They did explain to me that they were not a stock item and would need to be ordered. I allready knew this and I asked them to tell me how long. They inturn called Klipsch.....and You have seen the rest. THIS IS NOT A DEALER ISSUE. Its is Klipsch.

Frankly,

I cannot tell a lot from the photos other then it looked like everything was hand done and that there was a lot of care and workmanship that goes into building a set of herigate speakers.

I don't know all the facts, never will, I was just commenting that it was not unusual that a dealer might shade things to make a sale, but you indicate that you are fairly confident that the dealer was passing along information exactly as they received it from Klipsch, and if that is the case, I think everyone would agree there has to be improvement in the communications from Klipsch. I am not a big fan of the newer stuff either, but I like stuff like Gerstner tool chests and people say I am crazy because of that. I did buy Klipsch bookshelf speakers to mount on walls in living area that I am quite pleased with.

Hopefully Roy is on the issue for you. He seemed to acknowledge pretty clearly that if you were told a date by his company then they need to make good on that statement. I am hoping that he will dig to the bottom and get you an accurate date and that whatever that date is, it is one that you can work with and not leave a bitter taste. I can tell you from my experience in dealing with Klipsch, not the dealer but someone directly at Klipsch, I have always been provided with honest and accurate information. I have not always received the answer I wanted to hear, but it was an honest response.

I am 47 this year, I wish I have money in the 70's when there was 3 stocking dealers within 10 mins of me. Two dealers had at least one pair of everything in the line. I too am frustrated that there is no where to go to see/hear heritage. I posted an inquiry about a year ago asking if there were any stocking heritage dealers in Texas, and to my surprise there were none. Colter, and employee of Klipsch, recently put up a poll asking forum members if there were any stocking dealers in their area, trying to see what the situation was and what, if anything, could be done about it. Quad, for years, were great speakers make in the UK, are not being made in China, and almost everyone says with much better quality then what they were putting out of the UK plant the last couple of years of operation. Quad was forced to outsource production in order to survive. Even Gerstner, a company that is all about hand made, of the highest quality, has even gone to a second line of "Gerstner International" that are made overseas. You can still get the original USA made, but at double to triple the price.

Clearly the factory should never give out false estimates. If the wait is 6 months, it's 6 months. Absent some unforseen occurance, wood shortage, labor strick (doubtful in Ark.), weather, etc. I agree that a manufactuer should be able to give a reasonable delivery date on their product. I am still not clear what the actual amount of delay is looks like at this point. From what I can tell you were told 4 to 6 weeks, but it looks like it will be another 4 to 6 weeks on top of that? Or is it even longer? Regardless, they need to give accurate estimates. I mentioned ordering a media crendenza from Diamond Case in California, and being terribly disapointed when the salesman told we that the model I wanted would be a 10 to 12 week wait, plus a week or two to ship it out. I was impressed with the quality I made the decision it was worth the wait. They made it within the time frame given. If they told me an extra week because of this or that I wouldn't have cared, but I would be pissed too if it was double the time, even more so if I was told something new every week. I didn't expect that to be the case since they charged 1/2 up front and balance upon compleation, which gave them incentive to get the job done.

I am not saying you should be patient, I think you are entitled to know when they will be done, and thankfully the person that is working on it for you will be able to give you a straight answer. From there you will have to decide what you are comfortable with.

Do you fly gliders?

Travis

• Moderators

I have no idea whats going on with your speakers ?

But the speakers in those pic's are about 35' behind me right now and they are Perfect in fit and finish, and of course they sound great !

When we got home and opened the boxes to set them up I was amazed at the quality of the wood working. I do woodworking as a hobby and they look perfect. My neighbor is 63 years old and has been doing woodworking many years before me seen them and said it's very hard to find work like that anymore at any price. I know why he said that, every joint and corner is perfect, and when dealing with wood that's not the easiest thing to do.

I know first hand how hard it can be for it to come out perfect, I have done it but it takes time and patience.

I am not trying to make excuses for anyone, just stating the Cornwall lll's I have have 0 defects of any kind and the joints could not be any tighter or better looking if you were to take 6 more months building them !

I hope everything works out for you , I know it's hard to wait, nobody likes waiting.

But I hope you do wait, not for Klipsch to make more money, I'm sure they will be OK without your sale, but for you because I know how good there product is and I know how long you will appreciate there sound !

• Moderators

Sorry double post, but I will leave this part.......................

But I hope you do wait, not for Klipsch to make more money, I'm sure they will be OK without your sale, but for you because I know how good there product is and I know how long you will appreciate there sound !