LIES LIES LIES

Thermalup

Does he really have a problem, or just trying to stir sh!t up ?............GIVE IT A REST...........Get your money back and buy BOSE, Klipsch didn't lie, the dealer did......Not matter what anyone writes will not be good enough for him........maybe he doesn't deserve to own Klipsch....EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Ive been flying hang gliders for 20 years hence the name thermalup. Thanks for the reply on the quality issue that seems to be mentioned every once in a while by others. I've had my heresy IIs for about 16 years and I love them . I really hope the IIIs are a step up.

I've been in retail (from manufacturing to the front end) for over 30 years and can tell you if the dealer lies then the manufacturer needs to do something about it because it still reflects on the manufacturer even if they are free from blame.

Today (as the middleman is slowly pushed out) the manufacturer usually goes to great lengths to make sure that when appointing a dealer that the dealer reflects & supports the product with honesty and integrity. Most times however the dealer is only interested in making a buck. So I am not sure why your speakers are delayed, it's not in the best interests of the dealer or the manufactuer unless of course your speakers were sold to another buyer! Why do you think so many manufacturers are now in the business of retailing?

When I purchased my '04 Khorns I knew what I was after (nothing in my home town can compete with Khorns even with poor build quality) and I knew the dealer. I gave him an order and was prepared to wait 3 months, he knew me so he promised that they would be delivered before that date. He personally delivered them just over 2 months after the order. They were manufactured in April and I received them late June. As a customer I can be a pain if promises are broken, at the end of the day you deserve what you are prepared to accept!

Great posts though, love it when people are passionate about what they beleive in: customer service is dear to everyone's heart and so is Klipsch and sometimes they are not synonymous, every manufacturer has these pains now and again.

Cheers

• Moderators

"Thanks for the reply on the quality issue that seems to be mentioned every once in a while by others. I've had my heresy IIs for about 16 years and I love them . I really hope the IIIs are a step up."

We auditioned Khorns, LaScala IIs, Cornwall IIIs and Heresy IIIs at the Pilgramage in Hope in June 2006. Of all the speakers we auditioned the Heresy III's impressed dtel and I the most. When the Heresys were played dtel and I just looked at each other in shock. If you "love" your Heresy IIs like you say, you will fall in love all over again with the III's.

The quality of the Heritage line of speakers is unquestionable. The only part of the build process that is partially automated...cutting the wood...everything else in done BY HAND. In the pics of our Cornwall IIIs build Ms. Judy (the lady doing the finishing work) has been running her hands over Klipsch speakers looking for imperfections for over 20 years now

DWI Lawyer

Frankley, I was not impressed by the pictures. Why, because I do not build speakers for a living and can only look at a FINISHED product to form an opinion of if "I" think it is a quality piece of work. I would look at the joints, finish, fit and trim, etc..AND OFCOURSE the sound. In addition, I for one can look at two horns or speaker components or whatever it may be in a speaker and I would be cluless as to its performance, quality, durability, etc..

I also am cluless as to performance, quality and durability of horns, components etc. I do look at the joints, finish, fit and trim, everything that leaves the plant in Hope is undoubtedbly first rate. Our Cornwall III do not have a single imperfection.

I can say that the Klipsch products I have seen in Best Buy are not impressive to me in sound or quality. Thats not to say they are not another mans jewels. Just not my cup of tea.

Most of the set ups in Best Buy are not conducive to listening. Half the time the equipment doesn't work and you can't even play the speakers. And, unfortunately most Best Buy employees are not knowledgable of Klipsch products. Kind of "If it doesn't say Bose it's crap mentality."

I would also clear the air about my dealer. My dealer does not have a showroom, They deal strictley in custom home and buisness installs. I got there contact info from the Klipsch web site dealer locator. When I did speak to them I got the impression that they had NO interist in selling me Heresys. They were not rude, as a matter of fact they did say to me "we have other quality speakers in stock including the newer "klipsh" speakers.

This part of your posting really made my brain start clicking. Some dealers have consignment privledges, some have credit lines, some don't. The lack of interest in selling you Heresys, even though you specifically requested Heresys. You are a the dealer's customer, why wouldn't they sell you what you are asking for? No reason for them to be rude...however there could be reasons to direct your attention to "other lines" of speakers.

They did explain to me that they were not a stock item and would need to be ordered. I allready knew this and I asked them to tell me how long. They inturn called Klipsch.....and You have seen the rest. THIS IS NOT A DEALER ISSUE. Its is Klipsch.

IMO, your face to face contact with "your dealer" has allowed you to place a little more confidence in them than I would consider placing in a dealer. Obviously by this point the dealer knew you wouldn't settle for a "second rate speaker" and they didn't want to "lose" the sale. Let's see, I'll call and see how long it will take....who did they speak to?...when was your dealer's purchase order confirmed and if need be, paid for with Klipsch. If in fact a Heresy run was scheduled within a week or two Klipsch gave the dealer a good date based on your "dealer's good faith", however if your dealer did not confirm the order and/or pay for the order prior to run the date Klipsch gave was no good. In that case, it is not Klipsch's fault. If in the alternative your dealer did confirm the order and forward payment to Klipsch (if no credit line was established) in a timely manner it is Klipsch's fault.

I personally met the lady who does the plant schedule (what speakers will be run on the line on what week) and she is one top notch professional. She doesn't miss anything and is strictly customer (not dealer) oriented. She has been with Klipsch since God was a little boy. Started a temp with Klipsch almost 30 years ago and never left. Ever notice, newer serial numbers can track the month of the year and the year the speakers were assembled in Hope?????

I ordered three heresy IIIs about a month ago and for whatever reason my dealer keeps telling me klipsch keeps pushing back the date of delivery. So I called Klipsh and talked to a guy named Chris in the Klipsch customer service office, he told me today that the delivery wouldn't be until April 5th .....WTF. Has anyone else had this problem? If this proves to be the case I think I'll have to cancel the order and go to B&W or Polk cause as far as Im concerned The new stuff Klipsch is making just dont do it for me.

This was your opening post for this thread. That being said...let me say...as a rule the factory in Hope maintains a six week turnaround schedule on all orders. Reason being....one week a run of Heresys...say 20, 30, 40 pair or whatever the CUSTOM orders required. All pairs are cut, assembled, finished, wired and shippped....following week a run of Cornwall IIIs 30, 40 50 pair or whatever the CUSTOM orders required and so and so on. So if you take Heresy's, Cornwalls, LaScalas, Khorns, cinema, and new RF line you end up with a six week production schedule. Do you see where the above scenario with payment options could in fact make it appear to be Klipsch's "issue". Klipsch can not reveal its credit arrangements with your dealer to you, that is against the law (I would think) and this top notch group of professionals would not say anything that would reflect poorly on your "dealer."

Having been in sales (tangible and intangible) since the age of 15, I can honestly say I have been in a position of providing a customer with a "half truths" numerous times in the interest of protecting someone. The manufacturer, the retailer, the radio station, the television station, the attorney or whomever I was put in a position of "protecting" at the time. This my friend, is one of the primary reasons I enjoy self employment. The buck stops here.

"Heresey's are not production, they are made to order. To me they are not new, they are an improvement over a fine line of earlier model speakers.Which is why I agreed to wait 6 weeks. If you folks are ok with someone saying to you (after you payed them $2,250.00) sorry, your 6 weeks just turned to 8 weeks and then again, sorry, your 8 weeks just turned to 10 weeks, well, I don't no what to say other than good luck you all and don't ever attempt owning your own buisness cause if that is you folks idea of good customer service, you will fail."

You are exactly right, they are custom built, however the Heresy IIIs are new...new components, drivers, etc., the Heresy IIIs put all other Heresys to shame. The updates to this speaker have made a fine line of speakers even better. Again, six weeks is the normal delivery/shippping time for speakers leaving the Klipsch Factory in Hope. AGAIN, you did not pay Klipsch $2250.00, you paid "your dealer" $2250.00.

According to your posts you first spoke with Klipsch on 3/28/07 and were told the speakers would be delivered six weeks from that date. IMO, the problem lies with the dealer, that's who you payed the $2250.00 to, not Klipsch. At this point in your posts I seriously began to doubt whether or not your "dealer" ever even placed your order, or if they did...did they send the payment?

First of all, I can assure you the Klipsch folks at the plant in Hope. as well as the Klipsch folks in Indy should be held in the highest regard. How do I know this? We met most of the regular employees when we were in Hope for the Pilgramage in June 2006. We had the privledge of meeting everyone from the "janitor" to the "Plant Manager", to the "Office Manager". We ahd the opportunity to speak with these folks on a personal level, as well as a professional level.

I am sure by now you are aware that dtel and I won a new pair of Cornwall III's while attending the Pilgramage and the pics you viewed were of our Cornwall IIIs being constructed. Consider this, most of the folks on this forum purchase USED Heritage products...Klipsch hosts a weekend each year for FORUM members that buy mainly USED Heritage products. The higher-ups in Klipsch are aware of our buying habits. Why would they do something like hosting a Pilgramage and giving away not only a pair of RF 7's, but a pair of Cornwall IIIs? IMO, it is genuine customer appreciation, even though we mainly buy used we are in fact Klipsch's best references.

Everything at the plant in Hope, screams CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. The average length of employment for Klipsch--Hope employees is around twenty years. Mrs. Judy, the lady you see in the pic sanding (finishing) our Cornwalls has over twenty years on the job....running her fingers over every square inch of a Heritage speaker, looking for imperfections.

In closing, I am not really sure why I posted...yes I do...this is my attempt to try to get you to at least open your eyes to possibilities other than LIES, LIES, LIES blaming Klipsch.

Of course, it could be Klipsch's issue, but my 35+ years in marketing makes me a little skeptical of the dealer.

• Moderators

I've been in retail (from manufacturing to the front end) for over 30 years and can tell you if the dealer lies then the manufacturer needs to do something about it because it still reflects on the manufacturer even if they are free from blame.

This is true...and knowing Klipsch if this seems to be a recurring issue with this dealer he will be dealt with accordingly.

Today (as the middleman is slowly pushed out) the manufacturer usually goes to great lengths to make sure that when appointing a dealer that the dealer reflects & supports the product with honesty and integrity. Most times however the dealer is only interested in making a buck. So I am not sure why your speakers are delayed, it's not in the best interests of the dealer or the manufactuer unless of course your speakers were sold to another buyer!

I would rather not discuss details on this matter, but we had something similiar happen with our Cornwall IIIs. This is the first time we have told this story, but now seems a good time.

What the hell...Saturday night we won the Cornwalls, we were told by a Klipsch employee that we could go to the factory and pick our Cornwalls up on Monday. They just happened to have a pair waiting to be shipped to someone else that ordered and paid for them and we could have those. Well I can assure you that did not happen, for a couple of reasons.

Knowing the six week schedule Klipsch maintains on Heritage I would never accept someone else's speakers, I would be very angry if I had waiting six weeks for something and then the factory told me I had to wait another six weeks I would be livid.

More importantly, the office manager/scheduler that has thirty years at Klipsch put a stop to the proposed transaction. This action on her part reinforced the opinions I had formed during the Pilgramage. Klipsch is a first rate, customer service, quality oriented company. I would be willing to wait six months for a new pair of Klipsch speakers.

I would however not stop until I uncovered the truth about the transaction. I think this truth will probably come out sooner than we think. Roy Delgado is a very no nonsense, no BS person, he was personally groomed by PWK and everyone knows PWK would not have accepted any BS.

As a matter of fact, approximately ninety five percent of the Hope employees worked under the tutorship of PWK prior to his death.

Why do you think so many manufacturers are now in the business of retailing?

Klipsch rarely engages in retail transactions, if at all.

This is all just my opinion of course, but I did see these people in action, personally and professionally and my eyes don't lie.

Joe, my wife, kid, and I went out to a real nice steakhouse in St. Louis last year for my birthday, the kind of place where they charge almost as much for a baked potato as I like to pay for a normal entree. Our dinners came out, and I noticed my filet came out well done, and with Cajun seasoning. I wanted a medium rare naked filet, so obviously there was a mistake.

I talked to the waitress, and noted there might be a second mistake - trying to make sure someone else didn't get my order for a second mistake. We had a great dinner, and they gave us a free dessert all around, and even threw a second filet in a doggie bag to make sure we went home happy. Sometimes you get superior customer service by being nice in an unfortunate situation.

We could have played the blame game, and railed at the waitress, chef, maitre de, etc, but a great time would have been ashes. It is all in the approach you take when conducting a transaction, from both sides of the equation. Roy is resolving the situation, the buyer (under a second tagline) will have the opportunity to complete his Heresy purchase, and we will hear about further issues as the story continues.

and dare i say the fact that the resturant admitted said mistake and comped you for it made your outting that much better, you left with a good feeling about the place..................now ask yourself how you would feel if they had argued that you got what you ordered and grudgingly replaced just the steak, making excuses why they were not at fault ?????????????? im not insane i know things happen i live right here on planet earth with the rest of you..........i only ask that who ever makes the mistake oun up to it and MAKE IT RIGHT, dont point fingers and make excuses why you failed to keep up your end of a bargain...........i mean if someone says hey i screwed up and i am sorry i will make it my priority to fix this what else could ones reply be except thanx i appreciate it

Joe

Folks, let's all get along, huh? Its all about the sound right? In that case, I am having a special on an Earthquake Amp. 7 channels of pure 300+ watts of power. You need this to run most Klipsch speakers. Plenty of headroom, wonderful sound.

• Moderators

Folks, let's all get along, huh? Its all about the sound right? In that case, I am having a special on an Earthquake Amp. 7 channels of pure 300+ watts of power. You need this to run most Klipsch speakers. Plenty of headroom, wonderful sound.

the mad salesman. LMAO

See what I mean about marketing....

I've had my heresy IIs for about 16 years and I love them . I really hope the IIIs are a step up.

Please check in with your opinion on the newer model when you have had some time with them............I'm curious......

.....go getech.......go.......lol, I've read lot's of good things about Sunfire although they seemed to have quit making a 2 channel model....darn.[:(]

ten pages!.......wow.

• Moderators

I've had my heresy IIs for about 16 years and I love them . I really hope the IIIs are a step up.

Please check in with your opinion on the newer model when you have had some time with them............I'm curious......

.....go getech.......go.......lol, I've read lot's of good things about Sunfire although they seemed to have quit making a 2 channel model....darn.[:(]

ten pages!.......wow.

I'm curious too....I think the H3s are going to BLOW him away...

Dtel and I had the opportunity to hear all three Is, 2s and 3s in Hope and I can tell you all three sounded great, but the Heresy IIIs were awesome.

I would love to hear an HT using all H3s for surround. In the correct size room they would be a dynamite set up.

I sure hope thermalup comes back and lets us know what he thinks.....

just an update on why the heresy iii's were pushed out. basically in a phrase, we had a huge order come in that caused a back up in production. we are setup to make 4 heritage speakers a day and last month we ended up making 4 times that and that put us behind. so thermalup, i apologize for the delay and wish that i had better news for you. and i also wish that we could have handled this better.

again i am sorry,

have a blessed day,

roy delgado