LIES LIES LIES

Thermalup

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, ask the dealer for their PO number. Dealers don't usually place an order for a single pair of speakers. They wait till they need a quantity (mixed models) and then place their order. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that your dealer waited a while before placing the PO that included your Heresys.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced that a furniture dealer delayed informing me of a manufacturing delay until the last minute, since it wouldn't have been worth it by then to try to cancel and go somewhere else. Not much choice in the matter, but I'd be angered if I thought I was being misled and strung along.

I allready confirmed that the dealer placed the order when they said they did with the Klipsch customer service rep Chris. I am confident in the dealer and the facts show that the dealer indeed did their job. They've appologised on behalf of Klipsch and offered to give me a deal on other brands that they sale and indicated that this is just the way things are sometimes with Klipsch. I sincerely hope that Mr. Delgado cam get to the bottom of this and produce accurate information. I would like the Herey IIIs but I will not continue to be kept in limbo. Thanks for your reply

• Moderators

I know it's hard to wait but stick with it, it will be worth the wait. I don't know what the problem is but it will be over soon here is some pic's of how they build the Heritage by hand.

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/dtel.htm

I hope you wait, I know it's aggravating but try to hold off on changing your mind, you will get a quality product for the patience. There are not many things really " hand made " in this country anymore, and they will last more than a lifetime.

I work in an industry where the deliverables schedule slips all the time. I'm sure Klipsch schedules a Heresy run when the number of orders will result in a full two/four/weeks worth of full time work. There is a day of jig/router/breakdown/setup worth of prep, so changing a production line in a JIT environment is not a spur of the moment decision. If orders for one line are slower than expected, and a second line is over-capacity, then a run may be delayed a couple weeks.

It is immature to start a topic with "Lies Lies Lies," so expect a few bare knuckles when you come out swinging. A more appropriate phone call behind the scenes to a company customer rep, after you talk to the stereo store owner/manager first, would have resulted in little need for creating this thread. My brother had the same waiting period back in 1982, and had the same slippage before he took delivery. It is a normal course of events for any type of custom manufacturing process. Heck, my wife and I are in our sixth year waiting for a custom bedroom set from an Amish friend. You know it will take a while when you help cut the trees down and debark them.

When Klipsch does get the process finished, the Heritage speakers arrive at the dealer turn key, and last for as long as you live. The quality is superior to Polk and B&W. The real question is how much patience you have, Thermalup, and that is why I responded in a vein that reflected yours. You do not seem to have much patience with, or understanding of the process.

Bottom line is this. I made a purchase based on information that was given to me. It was not represented as maybe, could be longer, the stars have to align, etc. It was agreed that 4-6 weeks was the wait. I accepted it. I DID NOT ACCEPT 10 WEEKS NOR DO I ACCEPT PEOPLES CONTINUAL JUSTIFICATION ABOUT KLIPSCH AND THE WAY THEY CONDUCT BUISNESS. I am certain that if Paul Klipsch himself. not his nephew or son or brother, He would agree with me. I have no problem with waiting what I agreed to. I do however have a problem waiting longer and then being told yet again I will have to wait longer still. I am utterly confused and dismayed that so many of you defend poor service and misrepresentation. To you that have defended THANK YOU.