Klipsch forum member makes March issue in Audio Video Interiors!

westcott

Very nice! My system is a pretty close match to yours but it's crammed into a 12x15 room. No basement, small house. I plan on moving (as soon as the housing market comes back here in Michigan) to a house with a basement and doing something like you have. Well done!

bhenry,

Thanks for taking time to write a few kind words.

I live here in the South where basements are far and few between. We live so close to sea level. If I had a dedicated room, the design probably would have been completely different and not selected for AV Interiors. I would have loved to of had a dedicated space. It would have allowed me to spend a lot more on equipment and less on light control, isolating and floating the floors, and furniture. I really wanted dedicated amps but that will have to wait until the rest of the home renovation is complete and I still have 5 rooms in the house left to do. The only real advantage, as you pointed out, is that our living room is fairly large with high ceilings and that really gives the RF's room to show what they are made of.

Good Luck with your new home acquisition and if you need help locating a good realtor, I would be happy to help out a fellow Klipsch fan!!!

Thanks again.

P.S. Here are some updated photos that include the kitchen at the back of the room.

http://www.webshots.com/user/jbwestcott

Wow, that is great. Question; always wondered they way they shoot the pictures of people's setups, I assume they do a little photoshop to incert the projector's/TV's picture. Is that true? In all cases I have seen they always look to perfect in picture form not to be fake.

I love that overhead pic. Good job Brad...very nice.

I placed a link to more photos in the response to bhenry that show where the overhead photo was taken from. We have an upstairs balcony that overlooks most of the first floor and that is where the photo was taken from. My wife and I did ALL the work and that makes it all that more satisfing.

On a side note, it has been years since I was on the white river, bull shoals, and beaver lake. My father would take us up to some property we have up there and go trout fishing and chase big strippers when the dam was open. You live in a beautiful state and I should make time to go fishing there soon again.

Thanks for taking time to show your appreciation.

jacksonbart,

Thanks. First of all, I took all the photos. I thought they would send someone too but that is not the case for AVI and yes, they "doctored" the photos and inserted the screen shots. Speaking of screens. I am just about finished with a painting that will cover the Carada screen when not in use. It will fold to the sides when in use and fold over the screen to hide it. You will not even know it is there when I am finished. My painting skills are limited but from most contemporary art I have seen, how bad can I be?[:$]

VERY NICE INDEED..............like the color scheme, looks good.............Lucky Guy

If you only knew what we went through before we arrived at a color scheme. Four hours of painstaking discussions only to find out that our final selection for fabric for the furniture was discontinued. Our initial color plans were leaning more towards the green part of the color palette. It turned out to have a contemporary/art deco flare that made my wife happy and hopefully provided a clean, classy look. From there, we selected the drape fabric, which also turned out to be discontinued and had to go through the whole process again[:'(] The flat chamois latex for the walls was easy and was mixed up for us at the local Lowes. It is dark enough to reduce reflections while still remaining "acceptable" for a family room. The wall of windows on the left wall allowed us to go darker than I would have considered had there been less natural light available. This caused the colors to change as the day goes by and is an added, although unexpected result.

And yes, I am a very fortunate man who has a wife who has put up with me for 23 years!!! Now don't get me wrong. We both had to make compromises to make this happen (read as flat out bribery on my part) but we both could not be happier with the outcome.

Thanks again!!

Congratulations, Brad! It's a wonderful feeling to see your own work featured in the pages of a national magazine and you've done a splendid job with your room. It looks sensational! -Glenn

First of all, great job. Very nice room, visually pleasing, open and inviting, and I'm sure you and your wife enjoy your time there. I hope I can do an eighth that well, and I won't even have to worry about other uses for the room.

I noticed this reply you made, and it struck me funny.

On a side note, it has been years since I was on the white river, bull shoals, and beaver lake. My father would take us up to some property we have up there and go trout fishing and chase big strippers when the dam was open. You live in a beautiful state and I should make time to go fishing there soon again.

(Emphasis added)

I personally like the smaller strippers. I didn't know they had exotic dancing at lakes!

Very nice job in deed.[Y]

Actually saw that in the magazine. Thought it looked familiar.

Paul

I did not know they had a hard copy magazine until someone else told me about it too. I guess hard copies are delivered before the first of the month.

I have made a request for a hard copy since then and have not got a response. Any chance I could get a copy from you? I would be very grateful and willing to compensate you accordingly.

And thanks for taking time to show your appreciation. It makes all the hard work that much more gratifing!!

First of all, great job. Very nice room, visually pleasing, open and inviting, and I'm sure you and your wife enjoy your time there. I hope I can do an eighth that well, and I won't even have to worry about other uses for the room.

I noticed this reply you made, and it struck me funny.

(Emphasis added)

I personally like the smaller strippers. I didn't know they had exotic dancing at lakes!

I am tempted to make an Arkansas joke but I think your comment is funnier anyway!!! Thanks for the kind words. It was truly a great learning experience and if I can offer any guidance for your project, please do not hesitate to drop me a note.

Tell the joke. We Ark boys have thick skin.

Okay, but you asked for it.

This guy walks into a bar in Arkansas and orders a white wine.

Everybody sitting around the bar looks up, surprised, and the bartender looks around and says: "You ain't from around here, are ya... where ya from, boy?"

The guy says, "I'm from Texas."

The bartender asks, "What th' hell you do in Texas?"

The guy responds, "I'm a taxidermist."

The bartender asks, "A taxidermist... now just what th' hell is a taxidermist?"

The guy says "I mount animals."

The bartender grins and shouts out to the whole bar, "It's OK boys, he's one of us!"