USED, Belkin PureAV Power Console PF 30

zuzu

I just installed this power filter/surge suppressor. When I opened the box on this "USED", unit the prongs on the power plug were BADLY bent. I was able to bend them back enough to plug it into a wall socket.All the lights light up and all my equipment operates when plugged into it including my power amp. Does this sound like the unit is ok? The low volume hiss I had before installing the PF 30 is still there the same as before. The sound quality is the same before and after.

The Belkin PureAV Power Console PF 30 is a low cost entry level surge suppressor and RMI filiter.

Very primative in design, and basically a nice looking power strip.

You can get a used or demo Monster HTS 2500 or 2600 for 50 - 70 bucks that will do the same thing a little better since the monster version have 2 stage filtering,

"The low volume hiss I had before installing the PF 30 is still there the same as before. The sound quality is the same before and after."

Not sure what you paid for the unit, but if you want to reduce volume hiss, and change the sound quality, there are other black boxes that will do that at a cost of $150 - $200 bucks depending on the power rating of your setup.

I got rid of the hiss/noise. I have an audio research SP-11. It has a gain knob and a level knob. I cut back on the gain 15% [which was at max] and zeroed out the hiss/noise and then turned up the level a click or 2. The level knob increases the volume and adds no noise. It helps to read the manual. I paid $62 for the Belkin used [new is $199] and it says it has phase 3 filtering which I understand to be 3 filters in series... My amp is NAD C 272 and the speakers are RF 7. I"M HAPPPYYY. Thanks.