Tube Amp $2,000.00 or under

rmlowz

• Moderators

Hello,

I am playing around with the Heritage Line. My speakers are Khorns and I ordered a pair of La Scalas. I have a Parasound Halo C2 -A51 combo. I am thinking about getting a tube amp. The khorns sound great with the Halo, I am always trying to find better. Maybe I am waisting time and money trying to find a tube amp within my price range that would sound better than the gear I have now. I would like to buy new. What do my forum friends think?

Thanks,

rmlowz

You are welcome to come by any time to listen to my Khorns (while I still have them) with tube amps (VRD's from Craig at NosValves). I live by Westlake H.S. and we will be around all this weekend, out of town the following weekend, and then back for awhile after that. Send me an email and we can set it up.

Travis

I heard Craig's new stereo tube amp last week, and I was stunned at the sound quality with a set of La Scalas, Blueberry, and Sony CD player. Class A tubes for a healthy level, and AB to about 40 watts will get you some superior sound. Like all the niche manufacturers who specialize in services on this forum, selling one of Craig's offerings is quick, with minimal risk and financial exposure, and extremely painful - they are outstanding offerings.

Unless we hit great financial straits, I will never sell my Juicy Music Blueberry or NOSValves VRDs. They are that good to qualify as lifetime keepers.