Speaker timbre change

ajcllc

I recently started using a tube preamp in my system, and have noticed how much the sound opens up on my Forte's. Over a year ago Dean rebuilt my crossovers, and I have been using a solid state preamp previously for both home theater and music. The strange thing is since I started using tubes, my solid state stuff is sounding much better. Has this been noted in the past? In other words, does the use of tube gear permanently change the sound of speakers?

I recently started using a tube preamp in my system, and have noticed how much the sound opens up on my Forte's. Over a year ago Dean rebuilt my crossovers, and I have been using a solid state preamp previously for both home theater and music. The strange thing is since I started using tubes, my solid state stuff is sounding much better. Has this been noted in the past? In other words, does the use of tube gear permanently change the sound of speakers?

................................have noticed how much the sound opens up ..........................

You and me both! Many of us use tube CDP's and preamps to drive our nasty old SS power amps. Love what it did for my cobbled together junk. IMHO, The change that you hear is in what you are putting into your speakers. Your Forte's are just reproducing it.

tc