How many of us use Myspace?

tommyboy

I started an account to look at band photos. But I have never actually set up my page or do any of the normal myspace stuff. There are a lot of great musical artists on myspace.

If you are into the paranormal, any variety, I am haunted is very popular with that crowd.

• Moderators

Just curious. This Myspace thing is getting REALLY big. Especially with teens!

Are you requesting an add ? [H]

I use Myspace, primarily to appease our daughters and to keep in touch with friends, on occasion. I don't access myspace very often, unless I am updating pictures or sending birthday or anniversary wishes.

I use it quite often actually. It's a free and easy way to stay in touch/ share pix with friends and family. I have a few friends in the military all over the world, so it's good for that. But if they were to charge $ for using it, I probably wouldn't use it anymore.

I will be the lone dissenting voice here, but I abhor MySpace and just about everything it means now. Its a great networking tool, no doubt about it. However the people I used to know as a person no longer exist as they've become an internet phenomena without a real life....

What's with people these days? I'm not that old to be jaded just yet.

I will be the lone dissenting voice here, but I abhor MySpace and just about everything it means now. Its a great networking tool, no doubt about it. However the people I used to know as a person no longer exist as they've become an internet phenomena without a real life....

What's with people these days? I'm not that old to be jaded just yet.

Yes, whatever happened to hearing a friends actual VOICE on the telephone. The semi-anonymous sharing on MySpace isn't very personal at all regardless of how many photos, doodads and such one puts on a page. There is nothing like hearing the inflection in another humans voice as you exchange conversation in real time.

In the future, teens will not date but attach themselves to the net with an interface, just behind the ear[^o)], providing all the social interaction they need from the comfort and privacy of their own rooms.... [:o]

Like all things involving change, there is the good and the bad. Technology is undergoing a lot of transitions at the moment and I don't think it will be too long until full audio/video streams become the norm for online communication. There is a certain advantage to having "slow conversation" though...the majority of people using myspace/facebook/etc are using them as notification websites to assist the planning of activities outside the internet. Heck, I don't consider this forum much different than the online blogs - we effectively accomplish the same thing. And just think of how many fewer friends we'd all have without the forum...

Btw, y'all might find this interesting:

http://www.stickam.com/

My parents have a blast chatting with my bro over it (since he's in Texas)....it's kinda like the good ol' days when we'd bring friends over to the house.

You know what is really cool about Myspace though? There is no other place, in no other way, that you could have 1,039,474,822 friends, that absolutely adore you and couldn't do without you being their friend!

I only have one MySpace friend...I think his name is Tom. [:(]