Heresy IIIs Not for me

Thermalup

NOT EVERYBODY LIKES SCOTCH......not saying You Shouldn't Enjoy It,..... Jim Beam, Wild Turkey fine by me...Bottums Up...EH !!!!

That's because they have never tried good scotch. I used to hate scotch until I tried the 25 yo Macallsn's. Now granted, it's about $60 - $75 a glass in a restaurant, and about $400 bottle, but it was so smooth it converted me.

Since then I have tried a few others, and prefer those that are aged 15 years and up.

Mike

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He/she didn't even acknowledge my invitation. Seems to me a sincere hearted thread creator might have at minimum said, thanks for the offer?

Oh well...their loss, my gain. Wife always goes into frantic "clean the house, dust the attic, cut the yard, mulch the garden, polish the silverware" mode when ever anyone comes over so it just cut out a ton of preparation work I'd have to do.

NOT EVERYBODY LIKES SCOTCH......not saying You Shouldn't Enjoy It,..... Jim Beam, Wild Turkey fine by me...Bottums Up...EH !!!!

That's because they have never tried good scotch. I used to hate scotch until I tried the 25 yo Macallsn's. Now granted, it's about $60 - $75 a glass in a restaurant, and about $400 bottle, but it was so smooth it converted me.

Since then I have tried a few others, and prefer those that are aged 15 years and up.

Mike

I have a 20 year old bottle of Everclear at home, does that count? OH, never mind, it was aged in the bottle, not oak[:P]

Oh Therm came in like gangbusters and went out as quite as a sheep[^o)]

One needs to watch their step when a forum has a [bs] imoticon[6]

I'm with you 100% on the new Nautilus D series Max as I think it's a highly overpriced upgrade if in fact that's what it's supposed to be[+o(]

As has been mentioned I would not even attempt to run Nautilus 802's with anything less than 500WPC a side and more than likely on the 802's I'd be bi-amping for maximum OD[:P] I know for a fact my Nautilus 804's (mind you this is the smallest of the floor standers in the nautilus line up) and mine will sick up 250WPC like it's a Holly 4 barrel opened wide[:o]

Therm, next time you come to the game please be ready (or at least knowledgeable enough) to play[:$] And good luck on your search for sonic nirvana[8]

I believe Sheltie wins this one as the first to figure our little vermin out[;)]

I have a pr of Magnepan MGIIIa's, At one point I had them biamped with Oddesey Mono amps on top 300/watts per and then a MC MC2205 200/watts per when cranking it up I know I was hitting the MC clipping lights at +3db 400watts, so efectivaly I was pumping 700 watts per chnannel into the magnepans with no hearable break up. In fact I have heard magie stories about them sucking up 1000 watts...and those speakers are amp critical..Thats why I love my new LS with my hot rooded ST70....35watts of Kick A sound

Oh Therm came in like gangbusters and went out as quite as a sheep[^o)]

One needs to watch their step when a forum has a [bs] imoticon[6]

I'm with you 100% on the new Nautilus D series Max as I think it's a highly overpriced upgrade if in fact that's what it's supposed to be[+o(]

As has been mentioned I would not even attempt to run Nautilus 802's with anything less than 500WPC a side and more than likely on the 802's I'd be bi-amping for maximum OD[:P] I know for a fact my Nautilus 804's (mind you this is the smallest of the floor standers in the nautilus line up) and mine will sick up 250WPC like it's a Holly 4 barrel opened wide[:o]

Therm, next time you come to the game please be ready (or at least knowledgeable enough) to play[:$] And good luck on your search for sonic nirvana[8]

I believe Sheltie wins this one as the first to figure our little vermin out[;)]

OK...Let's not loose focus...We are all going to Coytee's in Tennessee to drink Scotch. I know the house will be clean and the grounds just so!

Coytee

Thanks for the invite, I didn't reply cause I figured it was a half hearted invite only extended to push your wife to clean the house,. Ok, Ill be there soon, start cleaning

Just bring the good scotch...if you show up with the screw plastic bottle crap it's going to make for a very long and awkward evening. Kind of like comparing a nice 25 yo Macallan to a Clan Mcgreggor...really not fair!

Coytee

Thanks for the invite, I didn't reply cause I figured it was a half hearted invite only extended to push your wife to clean the house,. Ok, Ill be there soon, start cleaning

Just bring the good scotch...if you show up with the screw top plastic bottle crap it's going to make for a very long and awkward evening. Kind of like comparing a nice 25 yo Macallan to a Clan Mcgreggor...really not fair!

• Moderators

Coytee

Just bring the good scotch...if you show up with the screw top plastic bottle crap it's going to make for a very long and awkward evening. Kind of like comparing a nice 25 yo Macallan to a Clan Mcgreggor...really not fair!

Scotch in Tennessee? Thats blasphemy. You could be lynched, if they get wind of this is Lynchberg, you might want to consider at least bringing good bourbon.

Travis

Coytee

Scotch in Tennessee? Thats blasphemy. You could be lynched, if they get wind of this is Lynchberg, you might want to consider at least bringing good bourbon.

Travis

Travis, you make a very valid point! While I have not had it, I should bring along a nice single barrel Jack Daniel's!

Well that does it... I guess the big bash is on at my place. Now the REAL test begins...(and Mark, JC, Fritzie, TBrennan and others can attest to this...) if you can FIND me... [:P]

Spoken in my best slingblade accent:

I've been watchin ye fer a long time my pretty

• Moderators

Coytee

Travis

Travis, you make a very valid point! While I have not had it, I should bring along a nice single barrel Jack Daniel's!

Well it's sourmash but it'll do.

Travis