Help- How to set up a high end home theater

mpmiller1980

I love music, Im wanting to set up a high end home theater. I have always owned Klipsch speakers, However I need help in the amplifier area, I want to set up nice pre amp/ maybe tube amp set up and still be able to have a regualer home theater surround sound set up. I listen to everything, I like it loud and I like it low some times. Can you all point me in the right direction please. I want to spend around $2-3000 for amps and surround sound processors. I can usually find good deals on stuff. and I dont mind buying used equipment. Call me if you like, any knowledge is much appriciated thanks[H] 912 541 0647-cell

Sincerely Michael MIller

jet jockey, what cockpit pic is that from???

mpmiller, just my suggestion, either go with outlaw audio (www.outlawaudio.com) and get the 990/7700 combo, or go with sunfire. sunfire will be a lot more money. quite a few people here stick with the outlaw because it's not that expencive and it works great.

i suggested the 7700 because it is the 7 channel amp and it's ballanced, it's also 200watts per channel. you didn't list the speakers so i didn't know what kind of watts you can handle.

I wish I had a 3 C7's I would use them as my fronts. Im actually wanting to build my own version with aluminum/metalic woffers and titanim horn drivers. I want to get a good amp set up first, I got done with College and gave my Denon ADR 3300 he loves it. I am in the process of moving and had no where to keep all my stuff Im moving to Key West and renting out A down stars studio from my sister. Room size is 20X20 I dont mind spending the money around 3g's on the amps. I looked at outlaw and it has more harmonic distortion then the Emotiva MPS1 I was also told Hardmon had a good reciever but Im trying to set up a descent hifi system with pre-amps and what not, I have never set up a system like that so I need help. I also went and listened to some Sonus Fibers the other day they are nuts and for 9g's they better be- but Im still in love with Klipsch!!!!! So give me some ideas on what I should get

Rotel's gear mates pretty well with Klipsch.

Their RSP-1068 pre-pro is a descent unit and can be had for under 1K used, or $1700 new. They cover the gammit in power as well, I have run many of their amps and my favorite is the RB 1080 @ 200 a side. These can be had for $650-750 used or 1K new.

As can be seen in my avatar, I still use their stuff for ht (RSX-1056 reciever and RB series amp), but have gone tube nuts for 2 channel, but, have both piped through my RF series speaks.

They are a little sterile when new but after break in they sound "warm" and very dynamic.

Very good bang for the buck gear.

Miller,

I have the B&K Reference 50 S2 pre/pro with the B&K Reference S2 200.5 amp, around $5000.00 new much cheaper used. These are built like tanks and have TONS of features and adjustments to allow you to match it to your room very easily plus the REF 50 comes with a badass remote (around $400.00 at the store just for the remote). And the sound quality is like nothing else. Plus they're made right here in the US of A!!!