Let's see how long we can keep this one going.......

tommyboy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your lug your 100 pound each speakers to college and back every year (dorm room)

If I can't hear the firealarm when it goes off due to the speakers

If you can set the firealarm off due to the speakers (I have not done that yet....... [;)]

If the DJ that lives next door says you have better speakers then his and wants to know what brand

If people are maxing out their logitech brand computer speakers (I guess 300 watts), while I am still only at 1

If I moved the room to accomodate the speakers not I move the speakers to accomodate the room

If people think I am having a conversation in my room when I am watching a movie

If the girl's skirt went flying up as she passed my window while I had it blasting (ok so I am making that one up)

When your friend sais, "Hey I just put a incredible BOSE system in my house..." Cringe.... Then they want you to help set it up and "get er done" tuned in just right!"

Christy... Isn't that, "In every house you walk into, you look around to see where you would put their speakers !"

Your insurance agent doesn't believe you and has to see first hand for himself.

Your insurance agents boss has to see also before a policy can be issued

Your insurance agent has to get permission from the home office to write an extended coverage policy on your audio gear,

You spent more on a TT cartridge than you did utilities this year.

You spent more on tubes this month than your house payment.

You are almost done buying audio gear. (Morning Arf)

You get rid of your couch and keep only the loveseat to accomodate acoustics.

You build speakers in your living room so it doesn't take as long to modify them to meet room requirements.

You can't keep a housekeeper because you have too much gear.

You even invite door to door bible thumpers in so you can show off your system.

You sell your back up system to the door to door bible thumper.

And last but not least: Your EX didn't believe you when you told her the "BIG and UGLY speakers" would be there long after she was gone!!!!

All true!

HarryO

You are a top 25 poster on these forums and 99% are in 2 channel.

You are posting in this thread.

You bought yourself a TT for your 40th.

Someone calls you at 1 am (waking you up) to tell you about an amp - and you are pleased.

Someone pops into your house and wants to hear your stereo and you know 25 recordings that you have to use as demos.

Product distributors call you for information on their speakers / turntables / cartridges / tube amps .....

You are a member of an audiophile club and proud of it.

You have appeared in a video about audiophiles.

When your wife wants to find you she starts by calling audio shops - BEFORE she tries your mobile.

You cry when the carpets are removed each summer because of the acoustical change.

You panic when your wife would like to re-arrange the living room - which you refer to as the listening room.

You can think of another 50 things to post here....

Guilty!!

You even invite door to door bible thumpers in so you can show off your system.

You sell your back up system to the door to door bible thumper.

And last but not least: Your EX didn't believe you when you told her the "BIG and UGLY speakers" would be there long after she was gone!!!!

All true!

HarryO

OH MAN!

....You (I) drove an 800-mile round trip, with overnight stayover in a

motel, two weeks after foot surgery, with pins still holding the bones

together and protruding through the skin, in a manual transmission

vehicle, to pick up the KA-1000/KW-120 THX Ultra II dual

subwoofer system at an unbeatable price (Thanks again rmlowz!).

....If you take your Khorns apart, load them up in the back of your Excursion, load up 2 of your boys, and drive for 6 hours. Take em apart, set em up. Put in new crossovers, thanks to BEC, at midnight. Crank em back up in the morning. Take em back apart, load em back up, drive back 6 hours, then put them back in their spot...

....If you spend hours upon hours pondering if a chance in interconnects, speaker wires, crossovers, etc would make an improvement....

.....If you get a 0.05% improvement, and are so very proud of yourself.... No one else can tell that there was a change, but you can....

.....If you expenses on audio in any given year add up to more than you made on your first job....

.... If you add it all up, and its more than you make now! Yikes.....

Paul

.....If you actually know what tubes are... ( Not TV tubes, fallopian tubes, or tubes in the ear....)

......If you troll garage sales, hoping for some old dusty piece of equipment, or some old LP's......

.......If you obsessively check audiogon for any new steals......

......If you don't think McIntosh is the same company that makes ipods.....

.....If you have actually been to Hope.....For Fun!!!!

paul