SAFETY ALERT:..... SERIOUSLY.... EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH THIS

Gilbert

damnit why does the news ruin everything......

Yeah I knew about it about 4 years ago......
and yeah it does work, the news people though obviously did not explain how it works but just demonstrated it. First it is not that easy..... it does take practice.... Also the person would need every style key or know what kinda style your door is as if the key does not fit into the lock in the first place it cannot be bumped.... Second the bumping is an inherent flaw, like jiggling the key to make it unlock.... But you also have to know what you are doing. Basically you have to have a master bump key and you have to know how to cut it properly to bump it.

I would say get a fingerprint door lock... then again You can defeate a fingerprint scanner with thermal sensors simply by blowing your hot breath on the scanner. The breath gives it the heat, and the oils from the person who used it last sets it off by the moisture.

The irony is that ONLY those ignorant of how ALREADY ineffective locks are, are amazed at this. Ignorance is bliss.

Locks keep honest people out. OLD news.

With a shim and a manual rake (or heaven forbid, electric rakes or snap guns) it takes about the same time and effort.

And even the largest lock is still equivalent to putting a large lock on a screen door.

If someone wants in, its easy to get in. And anyone who is ever effectively 'locked out' is clueless.

And the largest source of water related home insurance claims are burst rubber washer hoses that remain pressurized for years. How many of you have spent the $15 to replace them with braided houses?

But I loved(sic) the proverbial whine that "its for/about the children!"

and yeah it does work, the news people though obviously did not explain how it works but just demonstrated it. First it is not that easy..... it does take practice.... Also the person would need every style key or know what kinda style your door is as if the key does not fit into the lock in the first place it cannot be bumped.... Second the bumping is an inherent flaw, like jiggling the key to make it unlock.... But you also have to know what you are doing. Basically you have to have a master bump key and you have to know how to cut it properly to bump it.

Dude, why do you know all of this? Oh, that's right, because you know everything. Guess we can add criminal activity to that list.

This is actually old news.

Heck, my dad taught me how it works when I was in High School. But then he was a law enforcement. Why should anyone be stuck if they lock themselves out.

Oh, I forgot, knowledge is dangerous. Peoples is stupid. Bad knowledge.

Heaven forbid people make choices and act responsibly.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5177213949300140850

Oh, and if you think padlocks are safe! They are even easier to crack! Not only does bumping work, but if you can't make these, buy them! And leave our keys at home:

http://www.lockpickshop.com/p-SPS-20.html

Just think what kind of havoc will be unleashed on the world if peoples discover this is available!:

http://www.biclighter.com/

Dude, why do you know all of this? Oh, that's right, because you know everything. Guess we can add criminal activity to that list.

Wow just jump on me and claim I am a criminal..... I guess if it were up to you we would not have anything "innovative" because you would deem it criminal... I guess if you don't know it must be bad and wrong..... Oh why did I know this, hmm maybe I was locked out because I forgot my keys, and instead of breaking the door down $$$ or calling a lock smith $$$$ or calling my parents to come from work to open the door **** kicking* I became self sufficent. Does that make me a bad person and criminal for picking my own lock and walking into my own house and then *gasps in horror* eventually live in my own house?

BTW MAS I think it was the bic pen not the bic lighter that unlocks those circle type bicycle locks.

mmmmm, picking locks...I picked up that trade at church because it was quicker to unlock the door to the studio upstairs than to use the key. I've had to use a few of the tricks elsewhere though, like breaking into my house because I locked myself out and the parents were outta the country - doh! My favorite was my friend's apartment, with a quick slip of the credit card I could get into his place faster than he could with the key - man it was great. Just think of all the pranking opportunities! [6] Breaking into cars is fun too...well, anything pre-97 is fun. Anything after that and you gotta peel the windows away from the door and push the automatic locks on the inside [8-|]

Yep, I learned it all at church - who said church was boring? [:D]

mmmmm, picking locks...I picked up that trade at church because it was quicker to unlock the door to the studio upstairs than to use the key. I've had to use a few of the tricks elsewhere though, like breaking into my house because I locked myself out and the parents were outta the country - doh! My favorite was my friend's apartment, with a quick slip of the credit card I could get into his place faster than he could with the key - man it was great. Just think of all the pranking opportunities! [6] Breaking into cars is fun too...well, anything pre-97 is fun. Anything after that and you gotta peel the windows away from the door and push the automatic locks on the inside [8-|]

Yep, I learned it all at church - who said church was boring? [:D]

Oh no you criminal! DRWHO you should be thrown in jail because you broke into your own house!

Seriously its not the knowledge that we have that is illegal its if we ever did something wrong with it. As long as you don't break into someone's house and steal thing the Mens Rea is not there.