Chorus vs Forte

masterxela

I recently purchased kg1's and a kv-3, and am now shopping for mains, but because my system is at least 90/10 music, dvd's, I thought this should be over here...

For 2-channel, considering the chorus/II and forte/II, are they all similar enough in low end response that I'll either want a sub with them, or not, depending on my tastes- or are there substantial differences?

I like everything from Bach to The Who to Metallica, and they will be run off my new denon avr-1906.

When it comes to the kind of sound I'm looking for, tight musical bass, and bass-midbass balance is high up on the chain, but I've also really started to love the crisp detailed highs that my new rf-15's deliver. It'll just make me close my eyes... I know that any of those earlier mentioned are going to just stomp the rf's under 100hz, but I don't want to sacrifice the high end clarity.

If anyone has listened to any 2 of those 4 on the same setup, and can give me some feedback on their observations, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Alex

oh, can anyone give me a ballpark what those have been running, I don't want to ship...

OK I will jump in with .02. All of the four pairs considered are very similar. I have Forte II's and know there is no better bang for the buck. Others have reported that the Chorus II's sound "bigger" ie: larger soundstage because they are well, bigger speakers. You really can't go wrong so maybe just look for the best deal that comes along. Looking at the Klipsch published specs if I had to eliminate any pair it might be the first version of the Chorus due to bass response.