results of ALK mods on K-Horns

sunnysal

last post on upgrade...with everything now polarity correct and with more than 100 hours of playing I can now say I am quite happy with the results...the mids and highs are clearer than before...bass now seems to extend a little lower and is less "one note" the sondstage seems to have expanded somewhat (this at first worried me since I was used to a tightly imaged area between the speakers...now the area has spread) and lastly, I seem to be more relaxed while listening...less strain...Overall I would say I have made the biggest improvement, to date, in the sound of my stereo through Al K's upgrade...two things remain to try, a SET tube rig and a sub-woofer (tweakers rule!) thanks all, tony

Tony,

Thanks for the complements!

By the way, some rescent research here has established that the new network, when set to the 2 - 5 position, comes extremely close to having the same squawker and tweeter levels as the "AA" network. The was for the K55V squawker. That seems to say that the K55M squawker should be set to a lower level. This is unproven however. You ears must still be the final judge.

Thanks to all!

Al K.