Brad Delp of Boston has died.

JCturboT

I remember when the first album came out there were rumors that Boston had taken most of the popular rock songs and used a computer to analyze them, and used the output to produce the album. ( Ironically,with the computing power avaliable today, pattern and trending applications available, you could probably actually do something like this these days.) The rumor I think was really an obtuse way of recognizing how tight and focused the first album was right out of the gate as a first recording, and explaining the fact that it was one of those rare albums that really didn't have a weak cut on it; basically from a band no one had heard of before.  I've noticed that many of the really classic bands have a way of executing the very basic elements in a way that creates a sound much fuller than it should be; the Stones, ZZTop, and Boston come to mind in example.

What a fantastic first album that was. Still holds up today as great music. It was the first "Real" rock LP I bought with my own money when I was 12 or 13. I played it to death. Later I bought the CD not once but twice because my collection got stollen out of my car. Since getting back into vinyl I bought the CBS 1/2 speed and the Simply Vinyl release. I turn it up and rock out on a regular basis with it on the Khorns.

Sad news indeed.

Death Ruled a Suicide..................Another Rock Star takes his life, What's with these guys? What a shame, what could that bad, that a man needs to take his own life? I don't understand...............Suicide, in my opinion, is a very selfish final act, with no thought of the people you leave behind. Such a pity, one of Rocks Greatest Debut Albums................PERIOD.......Hope he found what he was looking for...........R.I.P. Brad