La scala roadtrip Toronto

tuned4life

I picked up a pair of raw birch la scalas in Toronto Ontario yesterday. 300 mile round trip. They are 1987 models with consecutive serial numbers. They came with the factory grills. More cosmetic issues than I was lead to believe. Some veener chips and scratches. Some white paint marks that cleaned off with windex. I removed the round velcro that held the grills on. The velcro was not stapled to the cabinets. the velcro adhesive rubbed right off and you would never know it was there. Ebay item # 330095965422. That makes 3 pairs of raw birch lascalas. I need one more pair then I am all done buying speakers.

post-18012-13819326119382_thumb.jpg

Hmmm.

Since the eBay listing was pulled early due to....

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

You either stole them or broke it into small pieces and smuggled it out! and did a verrrry good job of reassembly![;)][;)

Good luck in your quest for the next pair!!

JJ

Nice-looking speakers! As it happens, there's a shop in Toronto (well, Etobicoke, to be precise) called Replay Electronics that sometimes has La Scalas for sale. I called them last summer before I committed to buy mine here, and they had a pair for $1500CAD. Replay is at 1120 The Queensway, west of Islington. Their phone number is 416-251-9096 and their website is at http://www.replayelectronics.com/

Looks like they have a pair of 1990 La Scalas and a new in box pair as well.

Serious system you have, Raptorman! How do you like them horns?

I lived in TO until 2001, but didn't get any Klipsches until last year.

Tuned,

What'd you do with those Ohio Walnut Corns?

BS

I still have them. They are the only cornwalls I have now. They are 1984 cornwall I models. Removable back panels but they originally had the 601 plastic mid horns with bolt on drivers. I bought a pair of low hour 1978 cornwalls and swapped all the components into the Ohio Corns. now the ohio corns have the 600 metal horns, soldier terminal k 55 v drivers, and square magnet woofers. I also swapped the crossovers to keep everything matched up as it came from klipsch. I just liked the metal horns better. No mishaps with the cabinets, they are still pristine. cane grills. To keep them out of harms way they are in the spare bedroom (aka the doghouse). Not so bad being in the dog house once in a while. If I ever decide to part with them I will let you know.

Nice-looking speakers! As it happens, there's a shop in Toronto (well, Etobicoke, to be precise) called Replay Electronics that sometimes has La Scalas for sale. I called them last summer before I committed to buy mine here, and they had a pair for $1500CAD. Replay is at 1120 The Queensway, west of Islington. Their phone number is 416-251-9096 and their website is at http://www.replayelectronics.com/

The horns have a very big sound--really love it--although I have some problems with my imaging right now she stills sounds very nice. I have a feeling that the problem is coming from my electronics. Anyway, I'm in the process of trouble shooting it at the moment.

I know REPLAY ELECTRONICS. I have been there a few times--seen some of his Klipsch products there before. George is a cool guy.

Nice glass tops too! Did they come with or are you doing all of yours this way?

You're becoming the Raw Birch King!

Michael

I had glass tops made for all my klipsch speakers.

I think it looks cool and is very practical too. I have all my main speakers covered, except the Khorns.

So are the CW's falling out of favor with you? Seems like you've been on the LS and H bandwagon lately? Have you seen my H collection growing?

Where's DUKE?

M

The horns have a very big sound--really love it--although I have some problems with my imaging right now she stills sounds very nice. I have a feeling that the problem is coming from my electronics. Anyway, I'm in the process of trouble shooting it at the moment.

I know REPLAY ELECTRONICS. I have been there a few times--seen some of his Klipsch products there before. George is a cool guy.

Although I've never met George, I have spoken to him on the phone, and he did seem very helpful and knowledgeable. Wish I'd known about Replay when I lived in TO. As for your imaging, have you experimented much with speaker positioning? I moved my La Scalas farther apart than any speakers I've previously had and was surprised by the improvements in imaging and fine detail.