Heresy II specs

big_gto

Anyone know the woofer specs? Looking to improve bass, as others have. I've read somewhere that the woofer is designed 6db down from the rest of the system. THat would explain the lack of bass if that's true. Eminence sells a a woofer, Delta 12LFA, rated at 94.5 db/1watt. Think this could work? I already run a 12" subwoofer. It sounds good, but it's not right. No matter what the setting, I know I'm running a sub.

Matching subs is hard, I know because I have $5000 in my subsystems and It's still not perfect. I had real good luck with adding a small 8 inch Velodyne to fill in the mid/low bass and it added a nice bass bump that filled in a hole. I haven't got it perfect yet but I'm close.

Thanx, Russ

What kind of sub do you have? does it have a phase adjuster, WHats the frequency range? Whats your interpritation of Bass?

First make sure you have the gain set correctly. Have someone turn it from 0 till you hear it slightly.

Then adjust the the phase to tune it in, again you need someone to turn the phase control as you are in your listening position till it sounds best.

Rememebr sub woofers are for under 100 so you realy dont hear it as much as it fills out the sound. You will never get pound in the chest from a subwoofer. You will get slight vibration, but dont expect to hear this sudenly pounding beat..

Enclosures and crossovers are designed around specific woofers and drivers. If you start changing things your results will probably not be what you want them to be.

A good upgrade to the bass would be to sell the Heresy's and use the money towards a set of speakers such as Fortes or Chorus.

I recently measured my Heresy I speakers and the woofer was most certainly not 6dB down from the squawker - and this was measured in the middle of the room with a gated response, which means it was essentially an anechoic half space measurement. I seem to recall the Heresy II speakers running a slightly hotter woofer. I do notice a touch of brightness in the Heresy which seems to be the result of a lacking lowpass on the squawker - I just haven't bothered to get around to winding a coil to experiment with it.

Chorus II's really aren't a "huge" improvement in the bass department until you open up the volume, but they'll project a much bigger sound with much sweeter mids. The Forte is much like the Heresy, but with lots of bass. But I agree, I would sooner upgrade to some of the larger brothers before "randomly" swapping out drivers. I'd have to run the numbers on the Delta, but I don't think it will have more bass than a K-24...