Jubilee compared to Edgarhorn Titan II??

RAPTORMAN

I have been reading a lot of good things about the jubilee--Unfotunately I never had a chance to hear them. I owned a pair of Edgarhorn Titans II and I'm so curious on how these two differ in sonics. Has anyone here heard both???? Care to comment?

The specs on the Edgarhorn Titan II are as follows:

Frequency response: 80-20kHz @ 106 dB, 8 Ohms

Max SPL output: 110 dB

Mid bass horn: 80Hz exponential straight horn, EVM 15B driver, 80-500Hz

Midrange: 350 Hz tractrix round horn, JBL 2441 2 compression driver, 500Hz-10KHz

Tweeter: Fane ST-5022 bullet horn, 10-20 KHz

Crossover: 6 dB, first order, 500 and 10 KHz xover pts

Dimensions: 5H x 20W x 30D, wt: 150 lbs.

Seismic Horn Sub:

Frequency Response: 20-100Hz with electronic xover and EQ @104dB

Recommended power range:100-200watts

Max SPL:110 dB

Hyperbolic exponential 35Hz bass horn with JBL 2240 18 driver

Dimensions: 6H x 31W x 26D, wt.:350 lbs.

I have heard Buce Edgars horns... Nothing in his lineup except his flagship model the Edgarhorn I liked at all.. (for me) And talk about a wife approval factor...LOL.

I would think the Jubilee (should ) just be a lot more open ( produce a big open sound..) and sound live ( with no compromise to the recording) ...

My opinion again...

I have heard Buce Edgars horns... Nothing in his lineup except his flagship model the Edgarhorn I liked at all.. (for me) And talk about a wife approval factor...LOL.

I would think the Jubilee (should ) just be a lot more open ( produce a big open sound..) and sound live ( with no compromise to the recording) ...

My opinion again...

It's all good..... Thanks for the input.[8o|][;)]

I have been reading a lot of good things about the jubilee--Unfotunately I never had a chance to hear them. I owned a pair of Edgarhorn Titans II and I'm so curious on how these two differ in sonics. Has anyone here heard both???? Care to comment?

The specs on the Edgarhorn Titan II are as follows:

Frequency response: 80-20kHz @ 106 dB, 8 Ohms

Max SPL output: 110 dB

Mid bass horn: 80Hz exponential straight horn, EVM 15B driver, 80-500Hz

Midrange: 350 Hz tractrix round horn, JBL 2441 2 compression driver, 500Hz-10KHz

Tweeter: Fane ST-5022 bullet horn, 10-20 KHz

Crossover: 6 dB, first order, 500 and 10 KHz xover pts

Dimensions: 5H x 20W x 30D, wt: 150 lbs.

Seismic Horn Sub:

Frequency Response: 20-100Hz with electronic xover and EQ @104dB

Recommended power range:100-200watts

Max SPL:110 dB

Hyperbolic exponential 35Hz bass horn with JBL 2240 18 driver

Dimensions: 6H x 31W x 26D, wt.:350 lbs.

I don't know the specific numbers on the Jubilee but my understanding is it is going to play lower than the 80 I see above. I also understand the Jubilee is rated about 108/109 db/w when used with an active crossover.

Max SPL output? I don't know the number but the bass bin has a sticker on it saying "1,200 watts" so if ONE watt will take it to even 105 db's... I'd hate to see what 1200 could do.

It's a 2 way (as being offered to most home users)

Crossover, I think the active I'm using, uses a 24 db slope, crosses at 500.

So, if I have those numbers at least 'in the ballpark', then I'm not sure how it compares in a technical sense. I can say though that it plays at quiet levels with aplomb and if you want to turn the wick up, it'll step all over you!

I see you're in Toronto (?)... not a day trip necessarily, but if you want to get down to Knoxville for an audition... we can get it done for you.