Smiles in Bucksterville.........

oldbuckster

Well, I received a package on Friday, and a fine package she is, The Scott showed up , and I moved it in. Gentlemen, you know who you are, Thank You ever so much...........What a Fine piece of equipment........that baby ROCKS, and Shelty Dave, it is in such fine shape, how does one maintain such equipment? First up, Jimi Hendrix, Electric Ladyland...........oh boy, Jimi never sounded better.........Sweet sounds pumping for Heresy II's, great set, next up, Levon Helm and the RCO Allstars.......oh my, Levon is great on vocals, and a fine drummer to boot...........and then, a step back to the beginning of Heavy Metal, or whatever tag you chose to use, Grand Funk, the RED Album......simply awesome sound. I couldn't be happier, what a piece of history that Scott is............I'VE BEEN TUBED..............And all this with NO Sub woofer, unreal.............Again, I can not Thank You enough, this is like a dream to me, hope I never wake up..................More detailed report will follow, right now I'm like alittle kid in a penny candy store, and it's time for more listening................Home alone, no Volume control needed...........NOSvalves,GREAT JOB....Thank You All, So Much............WOW, It's like I got New Speakers, again..........................My face hurts from SMILIN'........................

OB i am glad to hear that you are enjoying the Scott amp, now you can understand more completely what other Scott owners are jumping up and down about. That guy over at (NOS VALVES) is god sent, it's like he is a magican. Anything he puts his hands on turns into magic.

Jay

Oldbuckster,

Great news to read!...I had no doubt but thought..."oldbuckster might just say...Tubes...what's so great about 'em...hrrrrumph!...[:P]"...glad to hear you got it...it arrived safely ('natch)...and that you are diggin' it (as well as your revitalized Heresy IIs!)

Bill

Hey OB, congrats on the 299! I loved mine while I had it in my system and it started me into my world of tubes.

I know with my 299, (the first edition) it had a center out channel that could be run to a subwoofer (or center channel), and you could play with the gain on your sub to get it right (it sends a full signal so you would need a high pass filter I believe on your sub). Not sure about yours but check the back to see if you have that.

Mike

He does have it, Mike.

Buck, keep it singing for as long as you can, bud. If you have any issues, give us a shout, and we can help you out. I messed up when I made the road trip, so I'll dig a meter up in the basement, and send the meter and case out to you in a week or so.

While you were playing with your "new" Scott, Colleen and Liam flew up to Chitown, and we did the zoo/Frank Lloyd Wright house/best friend tour here. I'm tired.[:D]

Good show OB!!

I'll let you in on a deep, dark secret. Heresys were advertised as 2/3rds of a Klipschorn. That might have been a little stretch[;)] but with a properly set up subwoofer, they can be closer than that. Better, IMO, than Belles with a subwoofer. The direct radiator of the Heresys blends better than the horn of the Belles. Keep an eye out for a used SW-12 or 15 (or Sw-xx II). For a few hundred, with frequency, level and infinate phase adjustment they are a bargain.

For you Techno music lovers: No, they don't go down to 10 Hz but are great down to the 25Hz found in clasic rock recordings. The Scotts have a low frequency built in filter anyhow to supress the turntable rumble endemic in the playback equipment of the times.

Rock on OB!

Had to stop for a lunch break...................This Scott handles old classic Rock real well............Unbelievable, the fullness of the sound, I do have a question, I can run my SUB off the center channel inputs ? Did I read that right ? With a sub I should shake this place, that's interesting, very interesting..................More music to listen to, it's like a whole new collection..............Thank You So Much....................EH !!!!!!!!!!!