Subwoofer behind Audio/Video Center

Klipsch-daddy

I have a Ksw-12 currently placed on the side of my Rf-3's, but the best placement is in the corner directly behind my audio/video rack, which is next to my projection tv. Is the vibes going to hurt/damage any componets in the rack or tv in the long run? I can hear some noisey, and the front shield on the tv will vibrate when there is loud music, and or explosions on dvd's.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I have a similar situation with my new Velodyne CT-150. My placement preference is in one of two corners behind the mains (Cornwall IIs). The sub will be about a foot or so away from components in either corner - but I do have a choice as to which components the sub would be closest to. One side has the cable box/dvd/vcr, and the other will have the amp,receiver acting as a pre/pro, and two tape decks (I'm thinking this side is preferable - away from the DVD). The sub just got here (near hernia moving the package), and the timing of the original poster is right in time with an issue I have. The good news is that the components are on rock solid footing (brick) and will get less vibration through the floor, but with this beast, I'm not so sure if it will work, or if it's hard on the gear.

What a great board - thanks so much for the info - this is an awesome resource!

Gotta go, UPS just dropped an Academy at my door - gotta go check it outcwm30.gif

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 12-11-2001 at 11:33 AM