Sound Sysems at Walt Disney World

RFP

Linda & I just returned from our first-ever trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando. I simply could not believe the quality of some of the sound systems there! All of the shows that we were able to see used recorded music with live performers... in every case, the sould was unbelievably lifelike! The dynamics, sound stage (imaging), and detail was better than any other sound systems I had ever heard... and not by just a little bit. I was absolutely dazzled. I guess that's the result of unlimited funds!

After one of the shows, I asked the guy at the sound board what kind of speakers they were using... he didn't know, but he was totally delighted that I actually commented on the fantastic quality of the show's sound.

Given the crowds and the cost (I'm such an old tightwad!), the sound systems 'made' the trip for me. Anybody else had similar experience(s)?

Rob

I had the opportunity to take a job mixing in Orlando, but turned it down to finish college. During the interview the guy was talking about how they use mostly JBL for everything. I always wonder what it would have been like to see all the crazy behind the scenes stuff that goes on. They put on fabulous shows down there.

Btw, telling a sound guy that things sounded great is a huge compliment. Normally it's one of those jobs that nobody notices when you do it well, and everyone complains when you make mistakes. You probably made that guy's day. [Y]

"You probably made that guy's day."

I totally agree. I get so many comments on my schools Klipsch-equipped theater when we do our musicals here. It really does make my day. This year, we just spent $16k on new mics.... Major difference.

Today we had a guest speaker come in & used our Gym to speak to the students. He has been doing public speaking for 6 years, & said this was one of the cleanest PA systems he has ever used. (Klipsch pro-La Scala's)

Good to hear. I just booked a trip today for the family. I'll try to check it out as close as I can.

Raider...

If you get the chance, check out the "Beauty and the Beast" show at the MGM/Disney park... the sound was jaw-dropping great (at least it was to my tired old ears).

Have a great trip (take mucho money).

Rob