My basement home theater project (pics)

dkp

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow David, looks super! Fantastic job!!!

Thanks, michael. Kinda tough posting pics of an unfinished project, but I'm hoping that my walkthrough of this project may be beneficial to others who are thinking about doing the same thing.

-David

Heck yeah, she's been fired up!!![8][<:o)][Y] I am really quite pleased with the overall sound of the system. There has been no fine tuning yet in terms of speaker placement and electronic adjustments (notch filters, etc) but it sounds like an entirely different system than when I had it upstairs in our family room. The projector/screen combination throw an image that just jumps out at you and looks phenomenal!!! I can't wait to get it finished, but I'm fully operational and the finishing touches will come throughout the summer.

I'm so excited to have the theater up and running-it's been a long time coming!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Nice meeting you too Terry...welcome to forum...

As you
will see, it's a pretty friendly family on here. Actually there
are a couple of montrealers who post regularly... including
myself (klipsch heritage) from the east island... theEAR (klipsch
reference) from central... and Kudret (klipsch heritage) also west
island. Then there are a couple of guys just south of the
border... like frzinvt... etc... [:)]

ROb

• 3 weeks later...

Now THAT's a RACK! I actually found black wall plates at Home Depot for my CAT5 runs with snap-in conectors also in black. They are available from Leviton. But, they are probably already on your list. [*-)]

I like the screen approach REAL home theater! Like your avatar too. Lucky kids.

Now THAT's a RACK! I actually found black wall plates at Home Depot for my CAT5 runs with snap-in conectors also in black. They are available from Leviton. But, they are probably already on your list. [*-)]

I like the screen approach REAL home theater! Like your avatar too. Lucky kids.

Klipschfoot-thank you for the kind words!!! I love the rack but am not as thrilled about its placement. There is a better spot for it, but it just wasn't possible to put it there due to some of the physical constraints of the room. (If your back is to the screen, the preferred spot would be to the left of the theater seat furthest to the left-it's just kind of dead-space right there, although that spot would present some issues of its own). Yeah, lots of work still to do down there. I'm taking a break over the summer and enjoying the time outside with the family while we can. All of the wiring that is so obscenely (sp?) visible behind the center speaker and leading to the rack will be hidden when the theater is complete.

To the avatar comment: I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

-David