• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

No place to get good quality pork chitterlings and lamb fryes anymore[:'(]

"....pork chitterlings and lamb fryes..."

This has to mean to the South what "Cold Beer and Steamed Crabs" means to Baltimore.

And don't forget "french fries with gravy" and "snowballs".

I had to laugh when you said "french fries with gravy", down here it is then put on french bread with mayo, sometimes tomatoes for a sandwich !

No place to get good quality pork chitterlings and lamb fryes anymore[:'(]

"....pork chitterlings and lamb fryes..."

This has to mean to the South what "Cold Beer and Steamed Crabs" means to Baltimore.

And don't forget "french fries with gravy" and "snowballs".

I had to laugh when you said "french fries with gravy", down here it is then put on french bread with mayo, sometimes tomatoes for a sandwich !

Sounds tasty.

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I am conversing with the owner. These particular speakers seem very very glossy/shiny. The pics are not too good but I worry that someone applied something to them to make them glossy. My forte IIs are dull, not shiny and I want to match mine. Do you think from the pics that they are shiny to you? Otherwise they seem to be what I am looking for. It would be a very long trip but I might turn it into a vacation and swing over to KY to tour the Corvette plant. I just orderd a 2008 on Saturday. I have now spent ALL of my retirement money.

• Moderators

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I am conversing with the owner. These particular speakers seem very very glossy/shiny. The pics are not too good but I worry that someone applied something to them to make them glossy. My forte IIs are dull, not shiny and I want to match mine. Do you think from the pics that they are shiny to you? Otherwise they seem to be what I am looking for. It would be a very long trip but I might turn it into a vacation and swing over to KY to tour the Corvette plant. I just orderd a 2008 on Saturday. I have now spent ALL of my retirement money.

2008 model, we will need pic's you know !

We just drove past the plant in KY on the way back from Indy, there is also a good size Corvette museum in the same area !

Why not just fly over and pick up the new car and drive it home, sounds like a fun trip ?

• Moderators

We just drove past the plant in KY on the way back from Indy, there is also a good size Corvette museum in the same area !

Did you enjoy the indy. trip? How was it?

The trip was not nearly as bad as I had expected. From Indy to almost the gulf coast the landscape changes quite a few times, makes the trip not so boring. Also the weather changed from sun to rain and back to sun again a few times over the 12 hours.

It does hurt when you get out the car for rest stops ! Old age ?

We met many new people and got to see some old friends, It is well worth going !

Plus we got to stay a night with Indy and his nice family, and the rest of the time we invaded Michaels home, all total 7 days.

The only bad part was we slept about 30 hours out of the 7 days, and I am to old for that, apparently !

It was fun, and thanks to everyone, they could not have been nicer !

It's more than likely just the lighting. I sell a lot of speakers on Ebay. I've noticed when I use Lemon Pledge or Old English Lemon Oil AND take my pics at night under regular light bulbs I get some strange results in color. I sold a pair of speakers a couple of months ago that were a very nice light oak and they turned out very red looking with the same distorted reflections as the Fortes' pictured. Same results with a pair of Raw CBR's I got from Colter. I sent him pics of them cleaned up and he thought I'd stained them. Pics are/can be very misleading.

See if you can get a couple of pics sent to you using natural lighting only.

Harry

Thank you Harry.

I find it odd that so far no bids on them with less than two days to go. But the activity usually happens in the last hour or so.

It's not the price that is stopping me.

It is the:

1. distance

2. shiny appearance of the cabinets in the pics

...otherwise they are pretty much what I am searching for. I'll let you know if I go for them. It will cost me at least two nights in a hotel, maybe three, offset by the possibility to also visit bowling green KY for a plant tour, which I would otherwise not ever get to do. The tour does make sense since I am getting a car made there and actually I have the time to go right now. But believe me it is a great distance for someone older like me.

Thanks again Harry.