My wife for a pair of mint FORTE IIs

Roc Rinaldi

Very worthy of a trade, Indeed!

Umm, I know she's cooks as indicated in one of your previous posts....so....does the Buffalo come with her....I love me some buffalo burgers!

One more teensy weensy detail.....

Will you take a pair of crap Mirage Bi-Polar speakers I bought off ebay a few months back? They sound wonderful!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She cooks alright but not in the kitchen.

Do you like Buffalo Burgers or Poodle Patte or is goose more to your liking?

No, only Forte IIs, in mint condition, oiled walnut, within 200 miles of Baltimore, Maryland. After all, the trade has to be fair to both parties.

Gentlemen, start the bidding!!!!

post-25219-13819334318474_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

42 years to be exact.

She is unaware of my posts on this forum. She does try to help me get whatever I want, so we'll see.

Are you sure after reading your posts she would still be willing to "help you get whatever you want". Geez, Roc...you are making her sound really cheap...you can get a pair of Forte II's for $500.00 or less....oh, you meant like....trade for one night.....I see....I'll talk to dtel and get back with you.[;)]

42 years to be exact.

She is unaware of my posts on this forum. She does try to help me get whatever I want, so we'll see.

Are you sure after reading your posts she would still be willing to "help you get whatever you want". Geez, Roc...you are making her sound really cheap...you can get a pair of Forte II's for $500.00 or less....oh, you meant like....trade for one night.....I see....I'll talk to dtel and get back with you.[;)]

Are you serious or just kidding. Hey, maybe a double trade is in order. Maybe we can meet in the middle or something.

42 years to be exact.

Does dtel have a strong heart and really good physical stamina, 'cause he will need it?

42 years to be exact.

The value of this proposed trade is not based on the cost of Forte II speakers, but rather on the rarity of finding the exact speakers that I am seeking. My wife is certainly worth way more than $500. Now finding Forte IIs, in mint condition, in oiled walnut, within 200 miles of Baltimore, Maryland, now that's priceless.!!!

• Moderators

Okay...I did a quick check on dtel....physical stamina...no problem we are landscape contractors and do all the work ourselves, with the occasional help of my son-in-law.[:P] His last EKG taken on 2/l3/07 (just prior to appendectomy) revealed no problems. I can vouch for both his physical stamina and his heart condition.[:D]

Further...we will be Indianapolis from 6/19/07 to 6/25/07 for the Pilgramage...seems like that is over half way...if my geography is correct.[;)]

Dtel says he's not quite sure about a "double trade"????? Will your health allow you to make the trip with your wife?[:o]

And....more importantly....have you come clean with your wife yet???[8-)]

Okay...I did a quick check on dtel....physical stamina...no problem we are landscape contractors and do all the work ourselves, with the occasional help of my son-in-law.[:P] His last EKG taken on 2/l3/07 (just prior to appendectomy) revealed no problems. I can vouch for both his physical stamina and his heart condition.[:D]

Further...we will be Indianapolis from 6/19/07 to 6/25/07 for the Pilgramage...seems like that is over half way...if my geography is correct.[;)]

Dtel says he's not quite sure about a "double trade"????? Will your health allow you to make the trip with your wife?[:o]

My comments about being in good health have nothing to do with taking a trip.

I'm not ever going to go to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Indianapolis. Please remember, they stole our Baltimore Colts from us. There can't be one decent person in that town at the time that it happened, that felt good about themselves.

Since you are going to be over half way to my house, why not swing by Baltimore and visit us? We have a nice swimming pool out back wired for surround sound. Bring your swim suit. I'll provide the steamed crabs and beer.

Dtel will have to decide about the double trade. After all everyone has to benefit in someway.

Janet knows me pretty well so I don't think she would object if she saw my "trading" posts. She knows the titles of my posts, so she has some idea about the subject. I'm sure that you realize that it is all if fun and jest.

Janet is much much more concerned about the 2 additional Forte IIs that I bought Sunday and the second JL Audio f-113 subwoofer which I bought Monday. She is really getting concerned about seeing Forte IIs set up on tables for surrounds. (too big she says) She is very very concerned about where I will be placing my two f-113 subwoofers. (she likes "light" bass, not heavy bass) (this is a real problem in our family.) (Could be a marriage breaker.) However, I think that I can save the marriage if only I can get her to listen to the long version of "Whole lotta Love" by Led Zeppilin. Now there's a song made for strong subwoofers.!!!

• Moderators

My comments about being in good health have nothing to do with taking a trip.

I'm not ever going to go to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Indianapolis. Please remember, they stole our Baltimore Colts from us. There can't be one decent person in that town at the time that it happened, that felt good about themselves.

I didn't think you were the "sore" loser type! [:(] You need to get over that issue and come to Indy.

Since you are going to be over half way to my house, why not swing by Baltimore and visit us? We have a nice swimming pool out back wired for surround sound. Bring your swim suit. I'll provide the steamed crabs and beer.

We have never been to Baltimore. However, we are planning to be in Indy for a week and we have several clients who are very anxious for us to get back and start their landscaping projects.

Dtel will have to decide about the double trade. After all everyone has to benefit in someway.

Janet knows me pretty well so I don't think she would object if she saw my "trading" posts. She knows the titles of my posts, so she has some idea about the subject. I'm sure that you realize that it is all if fun and jest.

If I thought you were serious I surely wouldn't have posted that response.[;)]

Janet is much much more concerned about the 2 additional Forte IIs that I bought Sunday and the second JL Audio f-113 subwoofer which I bought Monday. She is really getting concerned about seeing Forte IIs set up on tables for surrounds. (too big she says) She is very very concerned about where I will be placing my two f-113 subwoofers. (she likes "light" bass, not heavy bass) (this is a real problem in our family.) (Could be a marriage breaker.) However, I think that I can save the marriage if only I can get her to listen to the long version of "Whole lotta Love" by Led Zeppilin. Now there's a song made for strong subwoofers.!!!

I was wondering what happened to you. I didn't realize you were serious about getting that pair of Forte IIs. Congratulations on your latest acquisition. A trip to Indy would surely convince her of the Forte II's small footprints, compared to other speakers you could have chosen in the Heritage line up. Actually, after seeing some Jubilees, LaScala IIs and the 60th Anniversary Khorns she probably would want you to "upgrade", or she would be totally thrilled that you chose the Forte IIs. [:D]

• Moderators

Stole? I thought they snuck out in the cover of darkness. I was about 13 years old at the time, so my recollection may be a bit fuzzy.

Seems like a long time to hold a grudge though, huh?

[:)]

Amy, your last sentence indicates that you do not realize how much the Baltimore Colts meant to Baltimore and how much they were woven into the fabric of our lives.

In the late 1950s, the 1960s, and early 1970s, if you lived in Baltimore, you spent all week talking about the most recent Colt game and the next Colt game. In Baltimore, you lived and breathed for the Colts. All you thought about was Johnny Unitas, Lenny Moore, Alan Ameche, Gino Marchetti, Artie Donovan, Jim Mucheller, Raymond Berry, Weeb Ewbank, Mike Curtis, John Mackey and Jim Parker. We had about seven Hall of Fame members on those teams. Then came Burt Jones and the next round of players. Your whole existence was centered around the Colts and their activities. You lived and died for the Colts. Our stadium was nicknamed "The Worlds Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum", because of the noise factor and the passion of the fans.

If you have ever had a really really true love I'm sure that you would never actually "get over it", and you shouldn't.

Well, I really really loved the Colts and the Blue & White, and the Horseshoes. Please realize that Indy rudely took our Colts and their football records and our trophies and our other memorabilia. All of those records and trophies were achieved while the Colts were Baltimore's team. For God's sake, they have Johnny Unitas listed as an Indianapolis Colt in the Hall of Fame.!!

I will never forgive and I will never forget what Mr. Hudnut and troupe and city did to us. Our mayor at the time even offered to buy back the trophies and memorabilia, but Mr. Robert Irsay declined, may he rest not in piece. My wish is for someone to add a BOSE sound system to Mr. Irsay's coffin so that he will anguish for eternity. I'm very sure that it is very hot where Mr. Irsay currently resides.

• Moderators

My God man GET A GRIP!!![;)]

I can't say I know how you feel about the loss of the team to Indianapolis. Being a die hard Saints fan (even in the baghead days) I do believe losing the Saints to any city would cause grief in our household. But....being the "forgiving souls" we are we would still root for the Saints and probably do our best to attend a game in their new "home city".[:D]

Is that what is really keeping you from going to the Pilgramage?[bs]

My God man GET A GRIP!!![;)]

I can't say I know how you feel about the loss of the team to Indianapolis. Being a die hard Saints fan (even in the baghead days) I do believe losing the Saints to any city would cause grief in our household. But....being the "forgiving souls" we are we would still root for the Saints and probably do our best to attend a game in their new "home city".[:D]

Is that what is really keeping you from going to the Pilgramage?[bs]

I could never do what you suggested.

I understand where your coming from....It's kind of like when the Danville Braves single A baseball team almost left Danville.....well....it's not even close to being like that.

Ummm, It's like when the local Winn Dixie closed down the road from us, and the Kroger grocery store as well....It's just like THAT!