Roc's Music Room Pictures - Part One

Roc Rinaldi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Roc! Seeing your pics gives me an idea of where I am heading since it's pretty much down the same path. So far I am not being as picky about matching the finish, but who knows, a few trades down the line....Rock (Roc) ON!

How did you know that my license plate reads "Roc on"?

Anybody got an underwater mic so we can find out what the fishies think of it? [:D]

Nice job. Looks great. Did you construct the equipment racks?

The fish love my system. They especially look forward to hearing "Yellow Submarine" and the theme from "Jaws".

I had to search long and hard to find equipemnt racks that looks right and had the right measurements. I wound up getting them from Best Buy. Surprise.

Very nice Roc. I love Fortes and blue meters. I like it alot. Have you considered a projector for that room?

Thank you Spongeworthy, for your comments. Klipsch and McIntosh just hits the spot for me. Of course everybody is different.

I'm really not a movie buff so no projector in the plan. Can't you tell that I am an audio man? Just look at my audio equipment and then look at my TV. It's definitely an audio room first and foremost. Movies are just tag along for me.

OK, I am droooooooling over the new McIntosh stuff!

And the MX 120??? That just came out.. Good for you!

My local dealer wants me to take one home... (MX 119)

It would scare me to do so, cause I have a feeling I would keep it!

Thank you Indy for your thoughtful and nice comments. I love McIntosh power soooo much.

I got the 56th MX120 off the production line. Go ahead and borrow the MX119. What have you got to lose? The MX120 added HDMI input & output. Otherwise it is similar to the MX119 without the tuner slot. (the space was needed for the HDMIs.) Really Indy, life's too short not to get what you want.

You have quite an impressive system yourself. I'll bet you put a lot of time into planning and creating it.

BTW, how are my Colts doing in Indy? When are you giving them back to us?

Wow, love your set-up! That is an incredible 7 channel amp you have. How long have you had it? What is the output on it?

After looking at what you listed as your system, mine is definitely the "little brother".

My amp. is the MC207 at 200 wpc @ .005 THD, 83 lbs.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=14&cat=Power+Amplifiers&prodid=1096&product=MC207

The unit is over 9 1/2" tall. It is big. I just got it March 1. That is the day I fell in love with it.

You have a tremendous system. Very powerful. I see that you have 2 f113s, so you probably spotted my f113 in some of the pictures.. Don't you think that the model number reminds you of a jet fighter plane? That f113 is really a hot product with just great reviews. I would love to hear your system some day. Have you ever measured what the max. db level is?

That is definately an inspiration for my future system. That is something to be proud of. That is a real sweet and nice looking setup. Hard work pays off with the sweetest reward.

I don't know when but if you ever want to audition that off, i am only about 2 hours away. That would be awesome to hear. It would probably empty my wallet after hearing it though. HAHA.

Cheers!!!

That is definately an inspiration for my future system. That is something to be proud of. That is a real sweet and nice looking setup. Hard work pays off with the sweetest reward.

I don't know when but if you ever want to audition that off, i am only about 2 hours away. That would be awesome to hear. It would probably empty my wallet after hearing it though. HAHA.

Cheers!!!

Disappointment ...Persistence...Success

OK guys, here is what happened when I fired it all up:

"It shook the room, floor, walls, couch, pictures, doors, and everything else! The dog, which had been sleeping up to this point, sat up and took notice. The cat left the room. My wife, who was in the next room, peeked through the door, wanting to know what had happened.

.....................is it possible to get too much of a good thing???????

Dtel you are never going to grow up!

My forte IIs thank me every day for providing them with McIntosh clean power.

What they are waiting for is for two or three more of their brother forte IIs to show up to keep them company.

Can you hear my system down there in "south mississippi"?

• Moderators

I thought I heard something from the north east the other day, and it had some bass !

Did your wife ever see the thread where you would trade her for more Forte ll's , that was funny.

You are correct, I have NO intentions to grow up, I would be happy to just not grow any thicker !

• Moderators

NO NO NO NO.

Janet does NOT know about that thread, but she wouldn't be surprised probably.

I think she plans to bury all of my audio equipment with me at the end.

.....so if you are into grave robbing............feel free.

She is smarter than that, she at least has some idea all that stuff is worth money. You will go in the ground and the equipment will go up for sale !

But for some strange reason you are buried with it, someone here WILL be digging your butt up !

.....actually my real worry is that after I finally get close to perfect sound and then die, Janet will need someone (probably a handyman) to help her adjust the sound system. So someone else will reap the benefits and joy from all of my hard work while I twist and turn in my grave. SAD, SAD, SAD.

The "Baltimore Colts" started in Baltimore.. They went bankrupt..... Moved to Texas... then that franchise was the Texas Colts... And then they were sold to Baltimore again.. So the Baltimore Colts... Were really a Texas team players and owners which moved from Texas to Baltimore... hmm go figure? (I looked it up on NFL history)

While I agree Robert Irsay was probably not a very nice man...(Although that too, was a different era, and he was a very successful business man), His son Jim, today, seems to be a very class act as an owner.. (Even with some rough growing up years some time ago I am sure.)

Baltimore in 1983.... did not support the Colts, and the "city powers that be" refused to help him build a stadium. Many many years later I am glad finally the media refers to us as the Indianapolis Colts. Did the media there ever slip up on purpose all the time, (As they have here) and say the Baltimore Browns Ravens?

BTW, last time I checked, you stole the Cleveland team then re named em? Are you going to give them up too? LOL

(Of course I am having fun with this too.) We Love our Indianapolis Colts..

I would say I have a better chance of you giving me your McIntosh MX 120 and 7 Channel amp for free...LOL, than prying the Indy Colts back to Baltimore! hahahahahaha Sad thing in this scenario is, NEITHER will happen anytime soon!!

I think any team at this level has about a 3-5 year window to really make it. Then salary caps force them to sell off and re group. I can't even imagine say a New Orleans fan that has never made it EVER to the final divisional playoffs, or never been a Super Bowl, let alone win it? I stood wet, in Miami, with tears in my eyes like a kid at the end of the Super Bowl game. It was with pride for my team, but also for our city! I really love were finally on the map too. I was on a plane recently and the guy saw my shirt, it is cool to be recognized as the Indianapolis Colts and world NFL champs!

Now if we can make it back next year or soon now that this window is finally open to us too. We have a new stadium being built as we speak too. The Fall of 2008 it will just be amazing! Again 3-5 years IMO is all we have...

Go Colts!