Roc's Music Room Pictures - Part One

Roc Rinaldi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SICK, that is just SICK- nice photos of the lights Roc.

I'll read more, but HOW DOES IT SOUND???

Michael

Michael makes a good point. I guess I haven't said that much about how it sounds.

Well it sounds really good but I am still making many adjustments to it all.

It definitely has a BIGness to the sound. Of course the sound is pretty familiar to me since I have owned a pair of forte IIs for 17 years now.

Certainly it has plenty of power. 200wpc plus 2,500 watts just for the sub. I can't set the volume over about 1/2 way up due to the extreme loudness. I've actually been trying to listen at the lowest level that I can. I've always believed that it is important to have a system that satisfies and sounds good both at very low and very high volume levels.

I think I lucked out with my room (23 x 22 x 7.3). I know that these are not ideal dimensions recommended for an optimum listening room but the modes and reflections in the room don't seem to be interfereing with the sound very much. I've been listening for sound problems but I haven't identifed any yet. (boominess, nulls, etc.)

I'm continuing to listen every day and adjusting every day. Before I turned it on I was thinking that maybe I should get a second sub. Now that I am listening to the system, I don't feel that need right now so one sub may be all that I want in my system. Time will tell.

I have no regrets transforming my stereo system into a 7.1 system. More sound, more speakers, more power, more everything. Less money in the bank.

Got to get back to listening.

Still looking to buy more forte IIs, in oiled walnut, in mint condition, located in the mid-Atlantic States. Please keep me in mind.