RSW-10 Setup - Need help!

GatorBobby

Check out my list of equipment below. I noticed that if the sub is in auto ON/OFF mode that it is OFF until the listening volume becomes louder than I would want it to be. All is fine at "kids are not in bed yet" sound level, but if I turn it down to "after the kids go to bed" level, the sub turns off. Any fix other than turning it on and off manually? Thanks for the help! Look forward to your replies.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Leave the sub powered(always on position),as I noticed the RSW subs need some whacking signal to wake up,and when it is too weak(low SPL in room) they switch off unless some heavy bass is present.The heat generated by BASH amps is minimal.

• 1 month later...

With no signal going to the sub, leaving it on will only draw a very, very slight more amount of power compared to leaving it in auto/on.

Trust all the others on here with many years of experience, especially TheEar. Leaving the sub on will not hurt it whatsoever.

As I said, the Auto-On function doesn't turn the amp off; the amp stays on all the time anyway.

[/quote

If the amp is on all the time, then why doesn't the sub work when you turn the receiver on at low volume? Why even put an on /off on the sub?

If the amp is on all the time, then why doesn't the sub work when you turn the receiver on at low volume? Why even put an on /off on the sub?

The Auto On/Off function doesn't work by turning the amp on or off. It works by "disconnecting" the signal feed to the driver. So, that it doesn't work properly has nothing to do with whether the amp is on or not. It doesn't work because the signal that it receives is too low to "trigger" the sensor that controls the "switch". In other words, the Auto On/Off function doesn't work well. This is a known issue with these subs.

Again, just leave it ON all the time and you'll never have to worry about the Auto On/Off function.

Actually, NO it doesn't make sense. Please explain further so I can understand this. How do you know this???

There's nothing to explain. The Auto-On function doesn't work by turning the amp on and off.

I know this because an engineer from Klipsch posted here once regarding this question. You can do a "search" for threads regarding this question (it comes up often), but I think it was with the old webpage, which I don't think is included in the current searches.

Whether you believe this or not, you're not going to solve the problem without leaving the sub ON all the time, so just leave it ON all the time. As I said, this is a known issue, and that's the solution.

And even if it did turn the amp on and off, you're better off leaving it ON all the time as opposed to letting it turn on and off constantly.

So, no, leaving it ON all the time won't reduce the life of your amp.

If you want to leave the sub in the auto position and have it turn on sooner, purchase an RCA "Y" adapter. Put it at the end of your sub cable and hook it to the sub left and right inputs. The amp will sum the signal and turn on with less signal output from your receiver.

If you want to leave the sub in the auto position and have it turn on sooner, purchase an RCA "Y" adapter. Put it at the end of your sub cable and hook it to the sub left and right inputs. The amp will sum the signal and turn on with less signal output from your receiver.

Auto_On still won't work well even with the Y-cable.

Best solution is still to simply leave the subwoofer ON all the time.