Cleaning and Aligning a CD Player

zuzu

Not sure why cleaning a player would make it sound better, it is my limited understanding that either the digital signal is successfully read or it was not. Example would be skipping or a complete loss of the signal. So if that is what you mean by sounding much better than I would agree. Did they replace the DACs?

Love them. Great sound and no oxidation. Dean asked me the same question. Fritz you have helped me several times in my short stay here. Based on your comment that you did not think my RB 990 had a blown transformer, I sent it to Rotel and for $120 I have a totally factory refurbished 990 on its way to me. Transformer was fine. It was mostly cracked solder joints which took 2 hours to fix plus 2 diodes that had factory epoxy on them. No charge to fix that. Thanks Fritz.

"Based on your comment that you did not think my RB 990 had a blown transformer,  I sent it to Rotel and for $120 I have a totally factory refurbished 990 on its way to me. Transformer was fine. It was mostly cracked solder joints which took 2 hours to fix plus 2 diodes that had factory epoxy on them. No charge to fix that. Thanks Fritz."

I did not want you to trash bin the unit and am glad that it has a chance at life again.

I find that there is a period that some of the solder used in home electronic's was very brittle.

It's like there was too much tin in it.

Big problem on gear from the late 80's early 90's.