AKFEST07 WEEKEND at PICKY'S: (Attendees & Detroit Area Klipschers)

picky

PLEASE START ON PAGE 4 OF THIS TREAD TO SEE THE BEGINNING OF PHOTOS TAKEN DURING THE WEEKEND >>>

New additions as of 3/23:

Friday at Picky's Place: > Dr.Who, Dizrotus & his son, picky, Indyklipschfan & dkp - xdetroitx will not be able to attend-he got called to work.

Saturday at the AKFEST & at Picky's Place: > Dr. Who, picky, Indyklipschfan

Sunday at the AKFEST: > (Tenative) Dizrotus, xdetroitx

NEW DETAILS:

Dr. Who and IndyKlipschFan are driving up (separately) to my place on Friday, March 23rd, the day before the AKFEST07 begins. I live just 15 minutes south of the AKFEST location!

Those of you who may be interested in joining us for a demo of my theater, please read on. The schdule has been altered!

Friday:

Dr. Who's probably going to arrive at my house around Noon on Friday. Indy will arrive around 2:30 - 3:00 PM. We may do lunch and then we'll spend Friday demo'ing & testing my theater and having a great time listening. xdetroitx will probably be joining us, too. dkp will arrive at an unknown time today, too.

Around 5:00 PM or so, Dizrotus will be joining us (he's bringing Colter's 2 Industrial Heresies that he'd picked up for him and some 4" drivers that Dr. Who wanted)

Then, we'll all head over to a local dive, Dunleavey's Pub for some great bar burgers and a few of us may have a pint of stout (or two).

After dinner, we'll head back to my place and do some more listening and demoing and BSing. Dr, Who and Indy will be staying at my place overnight.

Saturday:

Dr. Who, Indyklipschfan and I will head over to the AKFEST late morning / early afternoon. Dr. Who needs to leave town by 4 PM Saturday in order to make it to Indianapolis by mid-evening (4-1/2 hour drive). Indyklipschfan will be staying with us Saturday night as well and leaving for home on Sunday. So those of you who have nothing to do Saturday night after the AKFEST closes at 7 PM you may wish to come out to our place and check things out. Indy and I will be here. We could even organize a group to all go to dinner someplace together or we may just order pizza so we can do more listening to the HT! Just email me and I'll send you my cell phone number.

Sunday:

Dizrotus and xdetroitx may attend the AKFEST on Sunday. Indy leaves for home.

If you are interested in joining us at my house, please send an email to me at gmosby@comcast.net So I can keep track of how many are coming. It would be good to see you there! -Glenn

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As early as possible Friday? lol Picky - college boy might drive through Thursday night and show up around 3am Friday with that kind of offer.... [;)]

Mike: You get here early enough and I'll take the whole freaking day off! Between 9 and 10 AM sounds really good to me. We could go do breakfast at this local place Verna and I like! [C]

Man, I wish I was going this year Glenn.... I was speaking to Dave (grumpy) over at AK last week, and they are going to have some awesome doorprizes (drawings every hour on the hour)  Take plenty of pictures of the evenings, days at your place Glenn and pic's of Craig's room.....enjoy all!!!!

-p

Hey, if you're up for taking the whole day off then I'm up for that...I could probably leave around 6am and get there in 5 hours? Which would be around noon your time with the time change. That would give me plenty of time to undo the road ears and give your HT a good listen throughout the afternoon.

Outta curiousity...would you be interested in doing any measurements? I'm putting together a portable system and should have it together by the time I leave for your place. Should I bring any other toys? (besides music of course)

xdetroitx: I emailed the info to you, Mike.

For the benefit of others unaware of what the AKFEST is:

AKFEST is an annual audio fest held by the AudioKarma forum based here in Michigan:

The fest is held in March each year in Southfield, Michigan at the Plaza Hotel. This year it's on March 24th & 25th. Admission is $20 and there are hourly, audio-related door prizes, some of which I hear are very generous.

A lot of the Klipsch forum people such as myself also belong to the AudioKarma forum.

I was holding out hope to get out to AKFest. As it stands, it appears that I am not going to be able to make it. I have too much work and court appearances on both Friday and Monday will preclude me from attending.

Maybe I'll get there next year. I hope you guys have fun.

If you're in the area you should consider this. Picky's HT is an experience you won't soon forget. And who could pass up an opportunity to find out who's Who?

'YOU MIGHT FEEL A CHANGE IN THE AIR PRESSURE"

I will NEVER forget those words! It was like being shot out of a CANNON!

The Picky Small Home Theatre is something to witness!

Tom,

I hope all goes well in court for you amigo.... I still want to buy you an ale or three for your distinguished service to our country. PDG

Patrick,

Court always goes well for me as I get paid to provide expert witness testimony.

Thanks for the offer to buy me a few ales, but to tell you the truth I would feel most uncomfortable about accepting anything for serving my country. It was an honor for me to do so.

Hey, if you're ever in the greater L.A. or O.C. areas, please look me up. I'll be happy to buy you several ales or other adult libations. Aye mate?