AKFEST07 WEEKEND at PICKY'S: (Attendees & Detroit Area Klipschers)

picky

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here Craig (Left) helps a customer who is interested in his new VRD Stereo Tube Amp. The customer is also one of our own Klipsch Forum Members! Please forgive me as I have forgotten his screen name. I met him for the first time yesterday and he seemed like a really nice guy....if anyone can identify him, please let me know. Thanks. -Glenn

post-10177-13819329592362_thumb.jpg

Monobloc Tube amps by Manley (U.S.) around $2,500 for the pair and $4,000 Speakers from Central Audio of Denmark.

I thought this was one of the best systems I had heard at the show all day long......until they turned it up low with some rock music. The speakers then fell on their face. What a shame...

post-10177-13819329593052_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed these McIntosh speakers, but only for rock music.... Count 'em: 28 tweeters and 56 midrange per speaker!

I don't think they quite reach Klipsch's level of efficiency as that's a 600 Watt Mac Monbloc Amp on the floor driving this tower and there's another on the other channel.

post-10177-13819329595006_thumb.jpg

Folks, you are looking at $32,000 of tube amplifier made by Renaissance Audio (thanks for the brand name, Craig)...of which a few others and I did not care for the "doggy poo" sound.

post-10177-13819329600156_thumb.jpg

Piranha: Thanks, man. I'm sorry but I'm not sure who that is.

Here's a little bit about her

Looks like you guys had a good time.

AH! (DUH!) Now I get it: Sorry for not making the connection! No, she was not there. I met her nephew instead. They make nice equipment, but it's all named after seafood!: Manta, Mahi, Shrimp.....all I could afford was a freaking Sardine! LOLOL

Late Saturday morning at the AKFEST07 main hallway: Dr. Who (Mike) & Parrot (Paul)...

THESE GUYS LOOK LIKE REAL TROUBLE TO ME.... Paul's got that sly dog "Watch Out" grin.... hope you're okay Doc? Gotta watch him close.

post-12381-1381932960595_thumb.jpg