parting with cornwalls

robB

BIGGEST mistake i ever made (sound wise)

was selling my cornwalls !

I would be in the "line" if the company

decided to produce a "model of cornwall

once more...

and providing that they still had that

"sound"....

But somehow i have my doubts

Rob B

I can sympathize - I sold an immaculate pair of '85 cornwalls in 1993. I realized I'd made a big mistake when I demo'd them for a prospective buyer. At that point I'd had their replacements, a pair of Amrita Reference Standards, in my system for a few months and had convinced myself that at over twice the price, they were an improvement. But just a few bars into Alan Jacksons' "Chattahoochee" I knew I'd blown it - big time. Those big Amritas, though somewhat smoother and more extended, just didn't have that liveness, that punch, that clean, clear and cool klipsch sound!s> From that point, I started my long trek back to the klipsch fold, from which I shall not stray, so help me PWK. cool.gif To paraphrase a line from an old klipsch heresy print add; These klipschorns aren't for sale!

------------------

JDMcCall

Small world, a former associate was the designer of those Amrita speakers. He had nothing to do with Klipsch. Knew him in a former life.

He also designed a limited distribution brand known as Graphyx

quote:

Originally posted by BobG:

Small world, a former associate was the designer of those Amrita speakers. He had nothing to do with Klipsch. Knew him in a former life.

He also designed a limited distribution brand known as Graphyx

Yes, it's a small world after all.

The big Amritas are still performing just fine for the co-worker I sold them to. I did hate to see Amrita bite the dust. Especially since they had relocated to the KC area. I thought their speakers were very well made, with high quality drivers. Also, all the models I listened to were quite competitive in their price ranges with the more well known brands.

But in the end, for me, they just weren't klipsch. No speaker has ever been able to produce a big, goofy ear-to-ear grin on my homely mug like a pair of klipschorns!