iGroove - no sound

ginger

I have an iGroove HG with a video ipod (30 GB). After the ipod has been playing a while or when I pause the ipod, the sound goes away. The ipod is still playing but no sound. I have to remove and reseat the ipod to get the sound come back on. Anyone else had this problem? If so, please share your solution. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with my regular I-Groove as well. Except mine produces no sound at all regardless of what you reset or change on I-Pod. I'm unsure if this is a problem that has a simpel solution or if it is something I must return to Klipsch for warranty work.

If anyone else has this problem with a known solution, I would love to know a fix.

Thanks,

Jeff

I've been enjoying my I-groove for over a year now with my Ipod mini 4 gig. My mini died and I bought the NANO 2nd gen and IT DOES NOT WORK. This is killing me! WHY??? I still do not have the adapter, I do not believe it is urgent since it is only there to make it hold better (same as for the mini adapter - not useless but almost).

Bottom Line, my new NANO 2nd Gen only gets charged but does not play.

By posting here, should we expect to get a replied from a Klipsh IT person?

Thank you!

• Moderators

Hello,

No, you do not need the adaptor to get sound. Do you get sound when the nano is hooked up to the auxiliary input (not docked)? To get more personal help and info about warranty, if necessary, please contact our technical support at 888-554-5665, or email promediatech@klipsch.com

• 8 months later...

Your reply is an older post but I have a similar issue. I recently moved my iGroove from on location to another and now I have no sound. I have tried the auxillary input and two other iPods (Classic, Nano, and 2nd Generation) but non of them work.

The power is working and the iGroove also recharges the iPod but i get no sound.

The unit is no longer under warranty but I would love to get some advice on how to fix this.

JJ814

• 4 weeks later...

From my understanding this is a known issue with the
igroove unit as a I've seen a number of posts from people asking about a fix.
My igroove is also out of the warranty period so I decided to take it apart and
see what I could find out. After a full tear down and rebuild (including
reseating all connections and having a good look at both control boards) I was
unable to locate the problem. I did however, notice that at all the points I
checked on the boards as well as the speaker connections themselves, there was
a consistent voltage of about 50 volts running through everything. This seemed
strange to me although not having any reference values to work with I don't
know if that's normal or not. I'm going to try and call the tech line today and
see if anyone there can help. Would it be possible to get some benchmark values
and test points so I could properly analyze the system?

I have just experienced the same malfunction. I have used my Klipsch iGroove HG for 14 months with an iPod Nano 8 GB (2nd generation). All of a sudden, my iGroove has no sound, even though it shows power and recognizes my iPod; the iPod shows that it is charging (and appears to be playing) while attached to the iGroove, and the iGroove remote still works to change the tracks on the iPod and turn the unit on and off. The only thing that is missing is the sound. This occurred after moving the iGroove to a new location (where it worked) to listen to music and then moving it back to its original outlet and location (where it no longer works). Now I can't get it to play in any outlet. I just emailed customer service, though it's a weekend. In the interim, has anyone figured out a way to resolve this problem? Thank you for your help.

After further examination of the internals I've discovered the problem lies with the amplifier. Its toast. The board labeled iGroove Amplifier Board has a large heatsink on it. Under that heatsink is the Amplifier chip. I could order a new chip but its doesn't seem to be worth the hassle of removing the old one (the surface mount leads are really close it'd be a witch to replace). I don't know if Klipsch will sell replacement Amp boards but its worth a try. Replacing the entire boards is a breeze the question is how much for the board?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the IGroove 15 months ago and im experience the no sound problem after 30 to 40 seconds of playing music, its not fair that i pay 300 for a product that only lasted 1 and half year and its out of warranty now, Its suck! my neighboors bought the Bose system the same day I bough the Klipsh and stills works like new. Kilpsh should extend the warranty of make some kind of arrangement with their costumer to fix this issue.

Another option is to do a (http://www.web-access.net/~aclark/frames45.htm) if they dont fix this problem.

Bah, a CLA isnt worth the time. I'm just gonna make a new amp board and if it works I'll post a solution for those that are so inclined. It should be fairly straight forward I've just been crazy busy with everything else here at work. I'll have the results by next week. Feel free to email me at wakestrap@gmail.com if you wanna know what exactly I'm up doing.

• 13 years later...