Roc Rinaldi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Are we still being fanatical about the finish?[;)]

Sunday I bought two black Forte IIs.

I am going to have them refinished in oiled walnut.

Yes, fanatical but reasonable.

Boy am I glad we are "over that" issue. Glad to see you took dtel's advice.

Now, if we can just "get over" the Colts and carry ourself to Indy for a little R & R we'll be in business![:P]

No can do.

I know this looks stupid to anyone who is not over 50 and who has not lived in Baltimore during the 1950s, 60s, and 70s.

You see, how does one get over a love affair? How does one stop thinking about their true love?

The Baltimore Colts brought such joy and excitement to their fans, granted in a prior era in football. An era before salaries went through the roof. An era that required many players to take on second jobs to make ends meet. An era, yes, of humility.

I'm OK with the Baltimore Ravens. I am a fan of the Ravens but I have not been able to get over my loss. It's like indianapolis stole my memories and rememberances along with taking the team.

Hard to get over.

BTW, when is Klipsch planning to do a retreat in Baltimore? Or for that matter, anywhere but indianapolis?

You know that there is a rumor that Klipsch is moving their headquaters out of indianapolis. Have you heard?

• Moderators

The Pilgramage was in Hope AR last year. That's when dtel won his Cornwall IIIs.

Never heard anything about Klipsch moving? Where do you hear such things?

It's a darn shame you and yours are going to miss a really good time in Indy. We didn't ask you to pay homage to Indianapolis, just to join us for the Pilgramage. Geez....Roc...in a situation like this dtel will usually tell me "reach up around your neck and 'get a grip'". I might have to agree with him on this one.

I too am sorry that Janet & I cannot attend.

In addition to my extreme hatred for Indianapolis, we have a conflict for the time of the Pilgramage. We have tickets to attend the Antiques Roadshow coming to Baltimore. Admission is very limited so we do not want to miss it. We are getting a value estimate on a very unique item. I own a print of a painting by Norman Rockwell called "Gee Thanks, Brooks". It depicts Brooks Robinson (Third Base, Baltimore Orioles) in uniform giving a child fan his autograph. My print has both Norman Rockwell's and Brooks Robinson's signatures on it. I'm interested in seeing what the estimated value is for it. I paid a couple thousand dollars for it in 1990 with just Norman's signature, from the Norman Rockwell museum. Then I got Brooks to also sign it. The last time that I checked eBay for an identical item, the asking price was $22,000.

Thank you for making me feel welcome in indianapolis. Perhaps next time we will be able to attend. Perhaps next time it will be held in a more appropriate place for me.

In addition to my extreme hatred for Indianapolis'

WOW! I know how you feel. Some people rub me wrong. I didn't think Bob Irsay was exactly honorable in the move but I'm sure the Attorneys had a big say so in the "larger profit" deal Irsay made. I stayed loyal to the Bears until Ditka was let go. Indy is a good city. At least we didn't get stuck with Cleveland Leftovers and hand me downs. I'm not sure how many of our players have been charged with Shootin' someone.

GO COLTS!!! BEAT YOUR A$$ IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO!

I was a Baltimore Colts fan also. Dad bled for the Colts. Some defensive end from Kentucky was his hero. Bears were the #1 football love for me. It hurt as bad when Ditka was let go. It was the end of "Da Bears" as I knew it. Papa bear roaming the sidelines in his overcoat, Atkins and Evy being turned loose from the asylum for football season. It was all gone. I don't hate Chicago though. I'm now an Indianapolis Colts fan. Class organization in every aspect. Proud of the CURRENT management. Hey, Tony George ruined the Indy 500 here. I can't hear his name without the feel of chewing on aluminum foil. Big bucks power plays.

Sorry for rubbing it in. It is in good humor and I really don't want to offend. Just "sports" ribbing. Sincerely, that's all.

Harry

In addition to my extreme hatred for Indianapolis'

WOW! I know how you feel. Some people rub me wrong. I didn't think Bob Irsay was exactly honorable in the move but I'm sure the Attorneys had a big say so in the "larger profit" deal Irsay made. I stayed loyal to the Bears until Ditka was let go. Indy is a good city. At least we didn't get stuck with Cleveland Leftovers and hand me downs. I'm not sure how many of our players have been charged with Shootin' someone.

GO COLTS!!! BEAT YOUR A$$ IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO!

I was a Baltimore Colts fan also. Dad bled for the Colts. Some defensive end from Kentucky was his hero. Bears were the #1 football love for me. It hurt as bad when Ditka was let go. It was the end of "Da Bears" as I knew it. Papa bear roaming the sidelines in his overcoat, Atkins and Evy being turned loose from the asylum for football season. It was all gone. I don't hate Chicago though. I'm now an Indianapolis Colts fan. Class organization in every aspect. Proud of the CURRENT management. Hey, Tony George ruined the Indy 500 here. I can't hear his name without the feel of chewing on aluminum foil. Big bucks power plays.

Sorry for rubbing it in. It is in good humor and I really don't want to offend. Just "sports" ribbing. Sincerely, that's all.

Harry

Hi Harry.

I understand.

For the record: I am sure that there are some very nice people in indianapolis. I just haven't met any of them yet. I am sure that they moved there some time after the Colts were taken away from Baltimore.

Cleveland and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cincinnati have some real problems don't they? Better them than us.

Was the Colt defensive end from Kentucky either Gino Marchetti or Fred Cook or "Big Daddy" Lipscomb?

I'm trying to get over the Colts loss but I have not been totally successful so far. It is just so odd seeing the Colts horseshoe or blue & white uniforms and realizing that they are not the Baltimore Colts any longer. BTW, at least Irsay didn't take our Baltimore Colts marching band from us. They live on with a name change to the Ravens.

Roc,

I'm going on long term memory scan here. Lou Michaels? Maybe. Hard to remember for sure. I know dad was always pretty keen on the kicker too. We would stand in the kitchen in front of the old Zenith tube radio and dad would always have a long wire antenna waving it around or handing it to me and make me move around until he would command "FREEZE" and there I would stand with the antenna. I would stand still as long as I could but I was just a young un' back then. We didn't get the Colts on TV very often back then. We did get the Bears more often. I watched the 61or 62 championship game the Bears played in and later remembering when Gallimore and 3 other Bears players were killed in an accident. Long, long ago....... I just packed up the old Zenith yesterday. We put dad in a long term nursing home saturday. Stroke. Darn rough on him. He's doing the "in and out" memory thing. Sometimes living 40 years ago. Heck, maybe he will think about his old Colts and smile a bit. They always made him happy. I was the one stuck holding the antenna up in the air for hours. I must have looked stupid playing the "human antenna". LOL!

Yep, the Baltimore Colts were sacred in our home. I'm not sure dad was ever too happy about the move either. He did finally become an Indy Colts fan in the last couple of years. Thanks Baltimore for a good team. My personal apologies for the way it came about. I can tell you for certain this town was in shock when It happened and WE WERE NOT HAPPY the way it all came down. It wasn't our nice town that did this, just a politician and business owner doing crap under the table as usual.

Good luck to the Ravens. Except against "THE INDY COLTS".

Harry

Wow Harry.

Lou Michaels was our kicker and well known in Baltimore.

I love your radio story.

I guess you are really correct. It all came down to the bad owner and the mayor of indianapolis, not the whole town of people. This may help me see it in a less troublesome way and maybe
I can try to forgive. I'm really holding a grudge against a dead man, so I really do need to let go of it if I can.

Roc,

I'm glad to see you are feeling a little better about this situation.[;)] IMO anger, resentment and grudges serve no useful purpose!

Talk to me after someone steals your SAINTS from you, and their trophies, and their mementos, and leaves you without a professional football team.at 2:00 AM in the morning under the cover of night.

Talk to me after you have to explain to a 10 year old boy why there is no professional football team for him or his father to share experiences with anymore.

Thank you Chrissy. Yes. i'm getting over it.

• Moderators

The possibility of someone "stealing" the Saints has long loomed over our heads, even more so after Katrina. We have had many discussions about that very topic and the bottom line is, we support the team, no matter what city or state they move to.

BTW, I was trying to be nice....so I'll try again, I am glad you are feeling better, no need to cry forever over spilled milk!

And...my name is Christy, not Chrissy![:P]

The possibility of someone "stealing" the Saints has long loomed over our heads, even more so after Katrina. We have had many discussions about that very topic and the bottom line is, we support the team, no matter what city or state they move to.

BTW, I was trying to be nice....so I'll try again, I am glad you are feeling better, no need to cry forever over spilled milk!

And...my name is Christy, not Chrissy![:P]

Thank you Christy. I apologize for the mis-spelling.

"Talk to me after someone steals your SAINTS from you, and their trophies, and their mementos, and leaves you without a professional football team.at 2:00 AM in the morning under the cover of night."

We are building a new stadium here in Indy. There was a lot of talk the Colts might move if we didn't get them a new stadium. Football has changed as I knew it. Free agency, Salary cap restrictions, stadiums, sponsers, etc. Just big business I guess. After all, big business has never cared for the consumer. That's all it is anymore. Just stinkin' big business. The ONLY loyalty in pro football is from the fans. Definitely not the owners. Few if any of the players. None of them.

That's just the way it is.

Harry