Velodyne SPL 1500 R and DD 10 or 12

zuzu

These are all small enough to fit in my space requirements. They use a lot of watts. Do they need their own 15 amp outlet? It looks like The SPL 1500R can be found for about $1000 and the DD 12 for $ 1700. How do these stack up versus the RSW 10 and 12 D and the RW 12 D, musically with my 2 channel RF 7's. I listen to NO movies and NO rock. Just jazz and classical CD's No vinyl.Thanks for your continued help.

For a music system the Velodyne DD12 bests the SPL and any Klipsch sub by a very audible margin,sound quality is simply among the best you can get. The SPL1500R would be my second choice followed by RSW10d.

Also check out the JL Audio Fathom f112,in the DD12 price.If no JL dealers close... the DD12 is a winner.

Thanks EAR. I have Jl Audio and DD 12 dealers within 28 miles. Can one deal in price as a rule with these dealers? What is the price? Are they comparable in music quality? I

I'm concerned I don't have the room wattage power in my current electrical wiring in my listening room. See my other posts on this. All my outlets are on the same 15 amp fuse.

When you look strictly for the musical qualities both are on the same level(DD12 and f112),when you look at extension and output the f112 is clearly superior.Both have room compensation circuits(Velo having a slight edge with the SMS,the ARO works great on the JLs)When you look at value the f112 is tops.

Yes any dealer should be able to give you a deal(what deal this is up to the dealer and you). At least give the f112 a listen.The ff12 would compete more with a DD15 in output and then some!

The RSW10 is larger than the RSW10d. Both are active/passive designs,the RSW10d uses a more capable woofer and PR,higher displacement. The RSW10d uses the same woofer as found in the RT10d,and one PR in place of two (RT10d).

Get the RSW10d over the RSW10,as it is down deep where the RSW10d has a clear advantage.