Smilinwall's on the way home, Thanks to Tom, Dean, and my extended Klipsch Family

smilin

WOW, These puppies look GREAT, Tom say's they are the BEST speakers he has ever heard. After about a year, and a half, this the end result. Hopefully, I will be smilin next week. Tom, thanks for all f your dedication, and working with me in making the nutty changes, along the way. Deano, thanks reworking the crossovers with the V-caps.ll,

Well here they are-

wish I knew how t upload!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tmoble/Stevewalls307

Hope they sound, even better than they look

Thanks to all you horn lovers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!! I know you have been working on this project for quite some time.....looking forward to the review on these........

yaknow, I have strade away from horns for a while, using epiphany 12/12 linesources, but, they do NOT have the real sound of live music, except for acoustic, and vocals, they are fast, dynamic, transparent, but no edge, no real bass/midbass. More like HiFi audiphool sound, where it is just on the edge of being to analytical. I really miss horns, but, do not miss they parts I felt were lacking in my modded cornwalls. Those being, able to hear the cabinets, and mildly abrasive mids/treble. These are made like MONSTERS out of slid plywood, 1-3 inches, and well braced. They also have the finest capacitors, in the V-caps. I really think I miss most is the TRUE dynamics, of real horns, and their inherent ability to startle me with the true emotions of a live concert. Tom saiding the soundstaging property's of these are downright scary real. This is what I am looking for, I also miss being able to use my ultra fine WE300B amps. I habe never had any speakers in my home where I could get the volume level I need, with lower powered amps. The only ones I have owned, ver 100 db, were yucky ZU druids, which I hated. My corns were most prbably really like 95db, and needing more power than a flea, for me. I will know son enough.......[:P]

Those V-Caps are as transparent as they come.......I had Dean build me a set of AA for my Belle Klipsch, and can tell you that those are DA BOMB for horns. Just fantastic. Even in a simple design like the AA they really cleaned things up. I can only imagine what they will do for the stepped up drivers in this design. I'm betting that the midrange distortion will disappear....

I could never get away from horns, either. AFAIC, there's no reason to go looking for much else.....unless it's other/better horns!

"Those being, able to hear the cabinets, and mildly abrasive mids/treble".

Funny, "the mildly abrasive Mids/treble" is the exact quality I look for in my speakers. I have never been to a live concert where the mids and treble have been smooth as in the audiopile sound.

To paraphrase Henry Clay:"But, as for me, give me mid-range bite or give me silence".

I'll be watching with the others for your review of the Tomwalls.

WOW, These puppies look GREAT, Tom say's they are the BEST speakers he has ever heard. After about a year, and a half, this the end result. Hopefully, I will be smilin next week. Tom, thanks for all f your dedication, and working with me in making the nutty changes, along the way. Deano, thanks reworking the crossovers with the V-caps.ll,

Well here they are-

wish I knew how t upload!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tmoble/Stevewalls307

Hope they sound, even better than they look

Thanks to all you horn lovers

Geeezus-H christ son, those are feaking beautiful...... You are definitely a sick man Steve [;)], but then I knew that already from talking with ya, way back when. I suspect those are going in a BIG room so with tall ceilings and lots of breathing space?

Man, that Cherry is gorgeous, where was the veneer purchased?, And Tom, it looks like you do first class work, real Grade-AA. Any spec's on the speakers? Steve, when do these puppies arrive in Illinois? Will expect a full detailed report, and if you blow the roof off your house, I can help strap it back down good & tite. WOW!

Beautiful! What drivers are you using? I'd love to hear them. Seriously, I'll drive up from Indy just to have a peek and a listen. Kinda like a vacation stop.

I'm envious to the 10th degree and I see very few audio items that get my heart pounding.

I missed the details of this killer project. How, what, when, where, why, wjp. and all?

HarryO

yeah really, what good is 'silky, transparent highs' when you're listening to a Les Paul through a stack of Marshalls or a terribly overdriven Hammond B3 organ/Leslie cabinet combination. I want speakers that make the grit and grime of Rock sound REAL baby!

GAWD those are gorgeous. Now I'm jealous! [:$]