KING KONG

Roc Rinaldi

Not the right group.

The King Kong that I am referring to produced music in the 1990s that was very bass heavy. Their weakness was the lyrics to their songs, which mostly referred to cavemen and neanderthal experiences. Their song lyrics were very very simple and basic. They never made it big but their bass heavy music was pretty unique and impressive. I like their sound but I do struggle with their lyrics.

Anybody familiar with them?

So nobofy has heard of KING KONG.

I guess it is too old for most of you.  Probably in the late 80s or early 90s.

Most folks that I know are from the american top 40 crowd.

Did King Kong ever make the charts?

Isn't everyone on this forum a teenager? ( at least at heart? )

Look here is all I know. The group is called KING KONG. Probably never made the top 40.

They originate from Louisville, KY. I happened to hear them on the radio and was facinated by their beat. Extremely strong and methodical beat. So I went out and bought two of their CDs. One is called "Funny Farm" and the other "Me Hungry". Both CDs were made in Canada. Like I said strong beat but terrible lyrics with a preoccupation with cavemen and prehistoric times. All I know is that their sound really gives my system a workout. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever heard of them. They have a male and a female singer. The date looks like around 1995. Anyone?

No, your not weird, but the more I look at that picture, Hey, I went out with her, several times.................

Off the Wall groups,...... The Peanut Butter Conspiracy..Goose Creek Symphony...Larry Raspberry and the Highsteppers (they were good)

Hey I've got two Goose Creek Symphony albums. How about that?

I've heard of the peanut butter conspiracy but don't have any of their music.

Ever heard of Mariano and the Unbelievables?

How about The Crazy World of Arthur Brown or The Chambers Brothers?

picky this is great.

Thank you for taking the time to do it. I will get you more info. on White Duck. After all we can't leave them out can we?

No, your not weird, but the more I look at that picture, Hey, I went out with her, several times.................

Off the Wall groups,...... The Peanut Butter Conspiracy..Goose Creek Symphony...Larry Raspberry and the Highsteppers (they were good)

Hey I've got two Goose Creek Symphony albums. How about that?

I've heard of the peanut butter conspiracy but don't have any of their music.

Ever heard of Mariano and the Unbelievables?

How about The Crazy World of Arthur Brown or The Chambers Brothers?

BTW old, Pete Towsend is credited as an associate producer for The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, in case you missed it.