5.1 Cheap Receiver Recommendations

zuzu

"For a real cheap set of HT speakers, what receiver do you recommend for under $100 or if such a thing exists under $50 would be better?"

I have seen amplified speakers with a HT decoder box on clearance for 59 dollars which normally sell for 200.

So basiclly I think we are talking clearence stuff or used if you want to find a 5.1 HT reciever in the 50 dollar price range.

the only thing that would come to mind is go into BB and see what "open box" item they have. for that money you won't get good quality no matte what brand you buy. i wouldn't suggest ebay because of the shipping reason, but there might be something.

good luck on your findings

the only thing that would come to mind is go into BB and see what "open box" item they have. for that money you won't get good quality no matte what brand you buy. i wouldn't suggest ebay because of the shipping reason, but there might be something.

good luck on your finding

I don't consider BB open box items any longer, because you still pay the new, unopened price. They "give" you a gift card, so you're still stuck paying the same price. I only go into BB when screamingly desperate for something.

I'm not too sure you can find one for that price. Maybe a stereo receiver. I too don't like the "chain stores". Not even for cd's or dvd's. But we can buy those pretty cheap on base though. (AAFES) Cd's are only $10, and DVD's are 15-20 bucks. Try going on to Audiogon and putting in a wanted ad.